Kasmir Fabrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IT Helpdesk"

Former Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Help Desk Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people who work there are nice people.

Cons

I think the way the company is run is a mess.

"Territory Manger"

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

I loved meeting and building strong relationships with the clients, presenting the lines, training clients on how to best utilize our products and services, and of course, talking about the fabrics and design opportunities.

Cons

I left because of the increasingly unrealistic expectations set by management and the lack of professionalism exhibited toward employees and customers.

Advice to Management

I found the CEO , Linda Kasmir, delightful to work with. An in depth review by the CEO of management could prevent a high rate of employee turnover, customer dissatisfaction, and company reputation. Talking with actual customers and past emplyees could be a very eye opening experience.

"Sales"

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

People truly care for eachother.

Cons

The owner is unfair and dishonest. She had no idea how to run a company or how to reward the employees. There is no room for advancement and raises are never given. Very sad considering how dedicated the people are who work there.

Advice to Management

Take a seminar in business management. Hire a full time HR person.

4. "Kasmir"

Pros

Very stable. People stay here for years & years.

Cons

Bad morale. No Human Resources rep.

"Not the best place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Casual work environment and some very nice people are employed there. Many long time employees. Company has been in business for over 50 years

Cons

Outdated technology and lack of reinvesting in company to keep up to date with current times. Reactionary approach from management instead of a visionary leader.

Advice to Management

Less micromanaging from top. Hire people to do the job and let them do it. Update technology and invest in employees salaries to attract worthy employees.

6. "Opinion of Kasmir Fabrics"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics (Less than a year)

Pros

Good physical work, fellow employees are friendly. Warehouse manager is very approachable.

Cons

No air conditioning in the warehouse, but that is to be expected.

"Run don't walk"

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere amongst employees if you can get the management to leave you alone to do your job effectively!

Cons

If you like being micro managed and thought of as a thief at every turn then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Trust your employees... They know what they are doing far more than management thinks!

8. "A lot of history and a future"

Pros

I have been a member of the Kasmir Fabrics family of employees for the better part of my adult life. I intend to retire from here when the time comes. I began as a clerk and almost 32 years later, I have managed multiple departments, been involved in major business changes including buying and absorbing a competitor and moving our entire operation for better efficiencies. I now have a position I truly enjoy that touches most departments and our customers in many ways.

Kasmir Fabrics has an excellent internal structure, with sound procedures and systems, and the potential for greatness. Many of the department managers and quite a few employees have 15, 20, 30+ years longevity. Our team of employees is a pleasure to work with. Our product is beautiful and our finished custom designs are second to none

Cons

All companies have their highs and lows, good years and bad. Sadly several years ago, a combination of factors, including a recession and the untimely death of our Captain, knocked the wind out of our sails. We survived, but we are still on the road back.

9. "I enjoy working for this company"

Current Employee - Floater in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Floater in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kasmir Fabrics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager doesn't have to be behind my back wondering if my work is being done.

Cons

I really don't have any dissatisfaction about my job so theirs really nothing to say here.

"Territory Manager"

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Company car, Insurance, Phone, GPS. Good company to work for. This position is not your typical 9 to 5. You must be able to work independently. As long as you do your job description you will do well in your job. Really working your territory will bring great commissions. I had a good work experience at Kasmir. I really worked my territory hard and was able to see my territory really grow. I found the key to growing my territory was to really get to know my customers, there needs and be available to them. This meant being available for my customers, returning calls and emails in a timely fashion. It is important to learn all Kasmirs products and services. Management is open to all questions and wants to see you succeed . On the weeks that you travel, you will only be on the road Monday through Thursday, and every Friday is an office day. This really helps with keeping up on Admin responsibilities and keeping in touch with your customers.

Cons

Depending on your geography, you may have a large territory. This job is only for the true road warrior. There are different depts. within Kasmir that need work on response time to reps out in the field.