Kasmir Fabrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Linda Kasmir

1. "Opinion of Kasmir Fabrics"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics (Less than a year)

Pros

Good physical work, fellow employees are friendly. Warehouse manager is very approachable.

Cons

No air conditioning in the warehouse, but that is to be expected.

"Not the best place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Casual work environment and some very nice people are employed there. Many long time employees. Company has been in business for over 50 years

Cons

Outdated technology and lack of reinvesting in company to keep up to date with current times. Reactionary approach from management instead of a visionary leader.

Advice to Management

Less micromanaging from top. Hire people to do the job and let them do it. Update technology and invest in employees salaries to attract worthy employees.

3. "I enjoy working for this company"

Current Employee - Floater in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Floater in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kasmir Fabrics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager doesn't have to be behind my back wondering if my work is being done.

Cons

I really don't have any dissatisfaction about my job so theirs really nothing to say here.

"Former IT Dept. Employee"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great. The IT manager and owner were tyrants.

Cons

I will have to agree with all the other negative reviews. I worked in the IT department and it was not a friendly place to work. Linda Kasmir is a tyrant. If you update your online resume while working there, they will fire you.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone that cares about people.

"Worst working experience of my life"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

They have a nice line that is never released in a timely manor. Always after the season has passed.

Cons

I am an experienced account manager sellling decorative products to the design and retail community for 15 years prior to taking a position with Kasmir. I worked for them for 1 year and 3 months and hated every minute I ever spent working for them. Every previous comment you have read on glass door is the absolute truth. Before taking any position with them ask what their turnover rate is and why it is so high. They will use your knowledge and relationships that you have built with your customers to open new accounts and once that drops to less than 2 new accounts per week you will be put out like yesterdays trash. The territory you will be given to manage will encompass all new england states and also upstate ny. You will not be able to manage this territory effectively due to its size. You will be expected to be on the road monday thru thursday from 8 am to 6 pm. New accounts will be the priority. Friday will be used as an office day which will include a conference call to Dallas. Do not have any thoughts or ideas on how to improve sales. The only comments should be positive and reinforcing to the companies current structure as you will find out from the 3 account managers with any tenure at Kasmir. Also you may want to ask why line releases have been delay by months i.e Fall 2011 line was released in dribs and drabs starting in November. All I can say is I would not wish for even my worst enemy to have to work for this company.

Advice to Management

The only thing this management team wants to hear is how fantasic they are. They already have all the answers and treat their employees like absolute dirt.

"Same experiences as the above reviews"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Kasmir has beautiful fabrics and trims at a competitive price point. The customers I serviced were very great and I enjoyed working with them.

Cons

I experienced all of the above from Kasmir. I was completely mislead during the interview process as to the management style of this company. Kasmir was very upfront about their tracking device with me, however when I questioned them about the way I would work the territory, what I was told and what actually is practiced were two completely different things. I was harassed for months by my manager about the way I was working for Kasmir. I was calling on an average of 4 customers a day 4 days a week and opening an average of 1 new account a week and this was not good enough. On the office day which they also track I was making 50-75 calls and email contacts and told by my manager that I was not doing well enough that I had to contact the same 50 accounts over and over. This was very harassing to those 50 customers as many told me and not at all fruitful by ignoring the other 300 + customers.
    I was told we were provided with a company car as part of the compensation package. After excepting the job and in training in Dallas I find out that they deduct 120.00 a month from my check for this car. I also was involved in a fender bender which I was not cited however I was told that I would have to pay the $1000.00 deductible. Between earning 39,000.00 a year and getting constantly nickel and dimed by my employers and harrassed by my manager,who could never decide if I was salesman of the year or the dregs of society I luckily found a part time job that pays 1 1/2 times than the full time one at Kasmir.
    I highly recommend a position at Kasmir Fabrics to anyone in desperate need of income as long as that indivdual continues the job search.

Advice to Management

No advice, they are not going to listen.

8. "A lot of history and a future"

Pros

I have been a member of the Kasmir Fabrics family of employees for the better part of my adult life. I intend to retire from here when the time comes. I began as a clerk and almost 32 years later, I have managed multiple departments, been involved in major business changes including buying and absorbing a competitor and moving our entire operation for better efficiencies. I now have a position I truly enjoy that touches most departments and our customers in many ways.

Kasmir Fabrics has an excellent internal structure, with sound procedures and systems, and the potential for greatness. Many of the department managers and quite a few employees have 15, 20, 30+ years longevity. Our team of employees is a pleasure to work with. Our product is beautiful and our finished custom designs are second to none

Cons

All companies have their highs and lows, good years and bad. Sadly several years ago, a combination of factors, including a recession and the untimely death of our Captain, knocked the wind out of our sails. We survived, but we are still on the road back.

"Territory Manger"

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

I loved meeting and building strong relationships with the clients, presenting the lines, training clients on how to best utilize our products and services, and of course, talking about the fabrics and design opportunities.

Cons

I left because of the increasingly unrealistic expectations set by management and the lack of professionalism exhibited toward employees and customers.

Advice to Management

I found the CEO , Linda Kasmir, delightful to work with. An in depth review by the CEO of management could prevent a high rate of employee turnover, customer dissatisfaction, and company reputation. Talking with actual customers and past emplyees could be a very eye opening experience.

"Sales"

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

People truly care for eachother.

Cons

The owner is unfair and dishonest. She had no idea how to run a company or how to reward the employees. There is no room for advancement and raises are never given. Very sad considering how dedicated the people are who work there.

Advice to Management

Take a seminar in business management. Hire a full time HR person.

11. "Kasmir"

Pros

Very stable. People stay here for years & years.

Cons

Bad morale. No Human Resources rep.