Kaspersky Lab Reviews | Glassdoor

Kaspersky Lab Chairman and CEO Eugene Kaspersky
Eugene Kaspersky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The work life balance isn't the greatest due to the high workloads (in 6 reviews)

• Low career opportunities, static lifestyle (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"People as a cornerstone for success"

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

The level of dedication to people as the company's most valuable asset is hard to surpass, at last from my own perspective. The atmosphere encourages the perception of your colleagues as brothers (or sisters :) )-in-arms, fighting for a common goal (which means, as most of us believe, a greater good worth fighting for). And the rewards are considerable even here and now, in both material and spiritual aspects.

Cons

The level of dedication required from people here is also considerable, and often it can be hard to separate the work from the life outside of the work. For some of us, it is ok for our work is also our greatest hobby. But, then again, if some processes consequently leave employees little to no personal time-and-mindspace, something probably is not right and needs improvement.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to working processes you supervise and how they affect your each of your subordinates. Among other things, it means ensuring that you understand each other with absolute clarity. Otherwise the overhead created by unclear tasking and vague prioritization can well become the very reason behind people's overloads and eventual burnout.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Aug 1, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

This review warms my heart, we truly value all our employees. Thanks for writing up this review, and I hope we continue taking chances on people like you to help grow our team! I emailed your review... More

2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Communications in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Communications in New York, NY

I worked at Kaspersky Lab (More than a year)

Pros

Great IT company, interesting challenges

Cons

Not much to say about it

Kaspersky Lab Response

Nov 9, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thanks for your time with Kaspersky and your lovely review!

Alena Reva

"Political battles, no career path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

Location and benefits are good.

Cons

Political battles make it difficult to do your job. Many experienced and effective leaders have left, those remaining are riding it out, morale is low. No skill development for employees. Very limited career advancement. Leadership roles go to Russia, and they control decisions for the US.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jan 16, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Sorry to hear that Kaspersky Lab didn't meet your expectations - our goal is to support employees career advancements. In 2017 15% of openings in North America were filled from within.
    Would welcome... More

4. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

Surrounded by a good group of people

Cons

Lack of communication and/or transparency from upper management makes it difficult to understand strategies for the future

5. "Support Department"

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

Consistent clean environment. If you keep your head down you can work there forever.

Cons

Room for growth was very limited.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi there,
    If you're working in the Support department, there is a career matrix over there with clear direction on how to get promotion.
    Feel free to contact me for details.
    - Alena Reva

"Sales"

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

1. Great product
    2. Exceptional support and services team
    3. Fantastic/responsive IT department
    4. SOME incredibly talented and dedicated employees

Cons

1. Sales and HR executive management is weak (at best) - unqualified for roles they are in: poor communicators, out of touch with personnel, ineffective in addressing geopolitical issue, and ill equipped to set a strategy to get back to growth mode
    2. Promotions to undeserving individuals - someone being sold a bill of goods (popularity/perception contest, blame culture has helped the wrong people get promoted)
    3. Sales compensation plan is not competitive
    4. Revolving door with management, have lost several really good employees
    5. Organizational changes seem to happen every 6-9 months (especially in sales and VAR coverage) - inhibiting ability to build consistent relationships with customers and partners

Advice to Management

For NA: Hire a qualified sales executive team that has a proven track record of growing sales in NA within a highly competitive market for a channel-dedicated company.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Sorry to hear that Kaspersky Lab didn't meet your expectations.
    Our company is in a unique business situation at the moment. I don't think a quick fix for it exists, but I'm optimistic that we will... More

7. "Just started working here and it's great"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab part-time

Pros

-good values
    -the people strive to be their best and do their best for the company
    -the employees are taken care of
    -great place to learn and grow

Cons

-haven't seen any cons yet

Advice to Management

I haven't been here long, but i would say consistency is key

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you for the feedback!

"The Titanic of Cybersecurity."

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the co-workers are nice, people higher up and HR, not so much, too arrogant.

Cons

Top heavy management, too many people with no talent calling the shots, not enough people actually "doing" anything.

For a company that is supposed to be dealing with such high tech issues as cyber security, they have a very primitive technical setup, actually embarrassing.

Russian culture compared to American culture is strange to say the least, it simply doesn't float here.

Very much a kill or be killed mentality is required to survive, I have seen people thrown under the bus on many occasions for nothing, fear breeds fear.

Very low pay compared to other companies in the same space.

Advice to Management

Try and not be so arrogant, try to actually follow a process and stick to it. This company is very much scapegoat culture, they need to get away from that.

"Will be gone within 5 years at this rate"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Healthcare.
    2. Free tea and coffee but that's pretty much par for the course at most companies.
    3. An onsite gym if you can get a moment to actually use it is a different story.

Cons

1. If you wish to make about 20-25% LESS than at other companies for the same role then this could be the place for you!
    2. Work/Life balance is a joke, you'll find yourself working at nights and weekends because of awful management.
    3. You have to be in the clique to advance yourself in any way.
    4. Awful broken English from Russian colleagues - sometimes making simple jobs seem like a nightmare.
    5. Incompetent people seem to "fail upwards" whilst dedicated and skilled employees fall by the wayside - again the "clique" effect.
    6. Enjoy being underpaid whilst Eugene Kaspersky becomes a newly minted billionaire, globetrotting like a poor mans Richard Branson.
    7. It's a Russian company that is basically in the news every other week for the wrong reasons, just recently - even the department of homeland security has issued a guidance to "avoid the vendor"
    8. Progress is as slow as a glacier, example - company switched from Drupal CMS to Tridion, a process that took a mere 4 years.
    9. Extremely long and dull days, micromanaged to death on everything, creative thinking is not applauded.
    10. Revolving doors employment, I have seen good employees come and go whilst the driftwood seems to linger on.

Advice to Management

I have no words t help this disaster. Get your golden parachutes ready.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jun 27, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

First of all, thank you for caring so much about this company to bring this to the forefront. It must be tough for you to experience all of it and do your daily job with proper efficiency.
    Please... More

10. "Changes for the better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recent changes have created great opportunities for the hard working employees of NA Kaspersky Labs. It's a very exciting time to be part of the team.

Cons

Please continue to improve on the communication

Kaspersky Lab Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you so much for appreciating changes in company's strategy! We hope they will create new opportunities for career advancement for proactive and entrepreneurial people.

Alena Reva,