Kaspersky Lab Reviews | Glassdoor

Kaspersky Lab Chairman and CEO Eugene Kaspersky
Eugene Kaspersky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The work life balance isn't the greatest due to the high workloads" (in 6 reviews)

• "Top management are lacking in modern appreciation and methods for todays marketplace" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Kaspersky Lab NA - Great spot to work"

Current Employee - Market Intelligence Analyst in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Market Intelligence Analyst in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Sleek, recently renovated office space with lots of sunlight
    -Friendly, high-energy people are a huge asset to the company
    -Free snacks, coffee, juice, soda, and fußball table on site!

Cons

-Location: the office is located in Woburn, about 10 miles north of Boston. I live in Boston and benefit from having a reverse commute (~10 mins drive to & from), but coming from north of the city could mean longer commute times.

Advice to Management

Only suggestion would be more frequent company-wide status updates, since it can be easy (as with any big company) to get siloed into one's dept/function.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you for your review! I agree people are our asset.
    I'll check with management and internal communication on how we can improve with status updates. It's a great idea!

2. "Operations"

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

Decent working atmosphere and salary.

Cons

Can't complain, my experience there was good.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jun 26, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thanks for the review! I think you wanted to give us five stars, but accidentally gave 3 of them. You can still edit it :)
    - Alena

"Great people but very fuzzy future"

Former Employee - Consumer Support in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Consumer Support in Woburn, MA

I worked at Kaspersky Lab part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, people are friendly, many outings and employee activities

Cons

The company is most likely being pushed out of the US and there is no job security

Advice to Management

Be up front with employees about company's status instead of having the "everything is going to be alright" outlook.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Apr 13, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi,
    I guess that your feedback about job security is related to the recent... More

"Systems Engineer"

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are top notch. BCBS PPO, no deductible, covers everything, company pays +90% of the premium. Dental and vision coverage, as well. 401K through Fidelity, 5% match! Good PTO policy, flexible work-from-home. The company takes good care of its employees

Cons

certain departments have become overly "corporatized" over the years, focused far too much on meaningless KPIs.

Advice to Management

stop focusing on meaningless kpi's over which the employees have little to no influence.
    HR: consider separating sick time from the lumped-together PTO; no sick time encourages sick employees to come in to the office when they should stay home, to avoid losing what would otherwise be a "vacation" day.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Feb 26, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

That is a very good point you make on sick time. We have considered making a separation of sick and PTO time – would you be interested in sharing some ideas? No one wants someone to come in sick to... More

"Company is going downhill FAST !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people cant say much more than that .

Cons

The company got hit pretty big with the Geopolitical stuff and they don't have a plan on how to solve the situation pretty much riding the wave. Employees are being terminated or leaving on their own because the boat is sinking .
    NO SALES ,SUPPORT VOLUME has drastically decrees by more than 60% .

Advice to Management

I guess riding the wave is not the only thing y'all can do !

GOOD LUCK

Kaspersky Lab Response

Apr 13, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

I apologize for my tardiness.
    Thanks for taking the time to send in this review. I've passed it on internally so do know that your feedback is heard. Additionally, if you'd like to connect offline... More

"Good company, could use some tweaks at the top"

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

- great product
    - some great opportunity to grow and advance within the company
    - benefits are really good
    - office looks great after some recent renovations

Cons

- geopolitical headwinds cause a lot of distractions
    - lots of shifts in strategy which aren’t always communicated well
    - priorities are odd - for example, recently held a kickoff where top management outlined goals for the year and expectations including always adding value in everything we do, always taking things to the next level, etc. Then, one week later, a senior officer spent several days moving employees chairs around so that they match while totally disregarding employee comfort. Just odd and a poor job “leading by example” when everyone is expected to work hard.

Advice to Management

Focus on the important things. Employees don’t need any more distractions (i.e leave the chairs alone).

Kaspersky Lab Response

Feb 25, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Glad to hear that you are happy overall. There are a lot of things that go into renovations that happen behind the scenes and are not always apparent to everyone in the office. Do you think that it... More

"Worst experience ever!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at Kaspersky Lab (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really good products and technologies, amazing detection rates. Benefits pack is really competitive, acceptable compensation. Great support from HQ and European colleagues.

Cons

If you are looking for a place to feel harassed by a management by fear mentality and completely minimized and discriminated this is the place to go.

Here are some of the negative points about this company, especially North America Division:

Non Strategic Sales and Channel Sales Management, doing nothing but blaming Geopolitical situation instead of taking action.
    NA Sales Division is big Clan, where competencies, potential, skills and real results are out of the equation and only friendship or favoritism counts.
    There are people who dont even meet minimum job requirements in, awaiting for a better opportunity and the right moment to leave, while top performers are let go.
    Lots of lucky achievers with no managerial background and much less skills, getting promoted into Management, probably that helps to understand the current situation.
    Also due to the evident lack of experience, many of these bosses never conduct performance reviews or coaching sessions with their teams, which clearly shows they dont even know (weaknesses and strengths) their staff (just their friends).

KL NA is a big house full of fears, insecurities and a lot of negative people who pretend to opposite. I feel blessed I am not part of this team anymore.

Advice to Management

Perform some house keeping and get to really know your Local "Leaders"
    Put leaders in place who really understand operational workflow and about ROI. Leaders who practice due care and not taking advantage of the situation.
    Look for people who really believe in and know your company rather than talented opportunistic ones.
    Restructure the Division based on your long term vision and needs.
    Educate and enable your Reps and Channels to be able to Sell Value instead of fantasies or simply AV.
    Stop promoting so many achievers into Management and look for real leaders.
    Eliminate components of old NA Dynasty which never worked or showed results and still have survivors around.

Message to Eugene Kaspersky: In my opinion there is no reason why your solutions & services and "people" cant place Kaspersky Lab as the #1 Security Leader in the industry. But definitely people are a key component to make that happen, thats why many competitors which products are not even that solid are so successful nowadays, because the work as a team and care and respect each other.

Probably is a good time to perform some due diligence and then confidently "get back to work".

Kaspersky Lab Response

Mar 15, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Sorry to hear that your more than five years with Kaspersky Lab made you so frustrated. And sorry if you 've left because of the recent staff reduction in sales.
    However, you put some serious... More

"The mighty have fallen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was good at first. People in every department were friendly, there was a clear direction at the company, and management was understanding. Compensation and benefits were good. Individual team managers were great.

Cons

Too much intervention from Russia. The NA market and European markets are not the same, but they were treated like they were. Management of the political situation was abysmal and caused more damage to the company than necessary. Hiring decisions for upper management were all based on nepotism, and there was one case where a member of management got too drunk after a company outing and tried to punch an employee. Nothing happened to him.

Advice to Management

Act like leaders, not like children.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jan 30, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi,
    First of all, I'm truly sorry if you've left the company as a result of recent job eliminations. It was painful for everyone here.

And I want to address two serious allegations you made... More

"Great people but the company is failing"

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

From a worldwide basis the people in the lab are the absolute best at what they do. Global colleagues are very supportive of one another. In North America there are pockets of great performers like technical support and services.

Cons

Management is just milking the system to stay in place as long as they can. No real plan or clear focus on selling. Very cliquey in North America - if you are not in the good graces of one of the fiefdoms that does not challenge the status quo, then even superior performance will not be recognized. No focus or plan on attacking business. Bloated staffs like finance and IT that are more concerned with their own turf than broader company success.

Advice to Management

Stop using the political situation as an excuse in North America. You are getting beat in the market plain and simple because you refuse to change and get the right team.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jan 30, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi,
    I'm deeply sorry if you're our former employee because of recent job eliminations we did.
    I'm so appreciative for your kind words about our employees, they are truly the best we have.
    Will... More

"Political battles, no career path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

Location and benefits are good.

Cons

Political battles make it difficult to do your job. Many experienced and effective leaders have left, those remaining are riding it out, morale is low. No skill development for employees. Very limited career advancement. Leadership roles go to Russia, and they control decisions for the US.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jan 16, 2018 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Sorry to hear that Kaspersky Lab didn't meet your expectations - our goal is to support employees career advancements. In 2017 15% of openings in North America were filled from within.
    Would welcome... More