Kaspersky Lab Reviews | Glassdoor

Kaspersky Lab Chairman and CEO Eugene Kaspersky
Eugene Kaspersky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Team and Interesting Projects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab part-time

Pros

- interesting projects
    - awesome team
    - great conditions
    - all the basic processes are optimized

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet

Kaspersky Lab Response

May 3, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate it.
    Alena Reva

2. "Just started working here and it's great"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab part-time

Pros

-good values
    -the people strive to be their best and do their best for the company
    -the employees are taken care of
    -great place to learn and grow

Cons

-haven't seen any cons yet

Advice to Management

I haven't been here long, but i would say consistency is key

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you for the feedback!

3. "Sales"

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

1. Great product
    2. Exceptional support and services team
    3. Fantastic/responsive IT department
    4. SOME incredibly talented and dedicated employees

Cons

1. Sales and HR executive management is weak (at best) - unqualified for roles they are in: poor communicators, out of touch with personnel, ineffective in addressing geopolitical issue, and ill equipped to set a strategy to get back to growth mode
    2. Promotions to undeserving individuals - someone being sold a bill of goods (popularity/perception contest, blame culture has helped the wrong people get promoted)
    3. Sales compensation plan is not competitive
    4. Revolving door with management, have lost several really good employees
    5. Organizational changes seem to happen every 6-9 months (especially in sales and VAR coverage) - inhibiting ability to build consistent relationships with customers and partners

Advice to Management

For NA: Hire a qualified sales executive team that has a proven track record of growing sales in NA within a highly competitive market for a channel-dedicated company.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Sorry to hear that Kaspersky Lab didn't meet your expectations.
    Our company is in a unique business situation at the moment. I don't think a quick fix for it exists, but I'm optimistic that we will... More

4. "Support Department"

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time

Pros

Consistent clean environment. If you keep your head down you can work there forever.

Cons

Room for growth was very limited.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi there,
    If you're working in the Support department, there is a career matrix over there with clear direction on how to get promotion.
    Feel free to contact me for details.
    - Alena Reva

"The Titanic of Cybersecurity."

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the co-workers are nice, people higher up and HR, not so much, too arrogant.

Cons

Top heavy management, too many people with no talent calling the shots, not enough people actually "doing" anything.

For a company that is supposed to be dealing with such high tech issues as cyber security, they have a very primitive technical setup, actually embarrassing.

Russian culture compared to American culture is strange to say the least, it simply doesn't float here.

Very much a kill or be killed mentality is required to survive, I have seen people thrown under the bus on many occasions for nothing, fear breeds fear.

Very low pay compared to other companies in the same space.

Advice to Management

Try and not be so arrogant, try to actually follow a process and stick to it. This company is very much scapegoat culture, they need to get away from that.

"Will be gone within 5 years at this rate"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Healthcare.
    2. Free tea and coffee but that's pretty much par for the course at most companies.
    3. An onsite gym if you can get a moment to actually use it is a different story.

Cons

1. If you wish to make about 20-25% LESS than at other companies for the same role then this could be the place for you!
    2. Work/Life balance is a joke, you'll find yourself working at nights and weekends because of awful management.
    3. You have to be in the clique to advance yourself in any way.
    4. Awful broken English from Russian colleagues - sometimes making simple jobs seem like a nightmare.
    5. Incompetent people seem to "fail upwards" whilst dedicated and skilled employees fall by the wayside - again the "clique" effect.
    6. Enjoy being underpaid whilst Eugene Kaspersky becomes a newly minted billionaire, globetrotting like a poor mans Richard Branson.
    7. It's a Russian company that is basically in the news every other week for the wrong reasons, just recently - even the department of homeland security has issued a guidance to "avoid the vendor"
    8. Progress is as slow as a glacier, example - company switched from Drupal CMS to Tridion, a process that took a mere 4 years.
    9. Extremely long and dull days, micromanaged to death on everything, creative thinking is not applauded.
    10. Revolving doors employment, I have seen good employees come and go whilst the driftwood seems to linger on.

Advice to Management

I have no words t help this disaster. Get your golden parachutes ready.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jun 27, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

First of all, thank you for caring so much about this company to bring this to the forefront. It must be tough for you to experience all of it and do your daily job with proper efficiency.
    Please... More

7. "Changes for the better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recent changes have created great opportunities for the hard working employees of NA Kaspersky Labs. It's a very exciting time to be part of the team.

Cons

Please continue to improve on the communication

Kaspersky Lab Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you so much for appreciating changes in company's strategy! We hope they will create new opportunities for career advancement for proactive and entrepreneurial people.

Alena Reva,
    VP HR... More

"Good company"

Pros

Life-work balance, benefits, nice co-workers

Cons

Nonexistent business strategy, poor communications across the organization

Kaspersky Lab Response

Oct 6, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you for 5 stars! I appreciate it.
    We actually have a business strategy, shoot me an email and I'll send you a link to a place on intranet where it has been published.
    However, it's a very... More

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab (More than 8 years)

Pros

During my twenty five years of professional experience and having worked at three different companies, I can honestly say that Kaspersky is the best place I have ever worked at. The best benefits you’ll find anywhere at a low cost to employees, great people and atmosphere. lots of focus on employees, team building events, career development and internal communications. Strong focus on giving back to the community and charitable events. Flexible work environment , upper management always has an open door policy. Lots of teamwork and comradery between employees in different geographic locations. I consider myself lucky to work for such an outstanding company.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons. People here are great and flexible to accommodate employee needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing. Anyone who would give Kaspersky a poor survey probably hasn’t had the opportunity to work at other companies and to see what it is like to work there and know how lucky they are to be part of this company.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab part-time

Pros

The people who work at Kaspersky are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Managers have a great relationship with their employees. The office is hugely collaborative. Plus, there are bagels every Friday.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better. It's not always easy to get questions answered because most of the upper management is based in Russia.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing as long as it's working. Processes don't need to change if they work well.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Sep 18, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hello,
    Thank you so much for your review!
    We're launching a cross-cultural awareness program in Q4 to help cross-cultural communication and collaboration between all folks from more than... More