Kaspersky Lab Reviews | Glassdoor

Kaspersky Lab Chairman and CEO Eugene Kaspersky
Eugene Kaspersky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The work life balance isn't the greatest due to the high workloads (in 6 reviews)

• Bad management, bad career opportunities, a lot of lazy/useless people hired (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Team and Interesting Projects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab part-time

Pros

- interesting projects
    - awesome team
    - great conditions
    - all the basic processes are optimized

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet

Kaspersky Lab Response

May 3, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate it. Alena Reva

2. "Changes for the better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recent changes have created great opportunities for the hard working employees of NA Kaspersky Labs. It's a very exciting time to be part of the team.

Cons

Please continue to improve on the communication

Kaspersky Lab Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thank you so much for appreciating changes in company's strategy! We hope they will create new opportunities for career advancement for proactive and entrepreneurial people. Alena Reva, VP HR... More

"The Titanic of Cybersecurity."

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the co-workers are nice, people higher up and HR, not so much, too arrogant.

Cons

Top heavy management, too many people with no talent calling the shots, not enough people actually "doing" anything.

For a company that is supposed to be dealing with such high tech issues as cyber security, they have a very primitive technical setup, actually embarrassing.

Russian culture compared to American culture is strange to say the least, it simply doesn't float here.

Very much a kill or be killed mentality is required to survive, I have seen people thrown under the bus on many occasions for nothing, fear breeds fear.

Very low pay compared to other companies in the same space.

Advice to Management

Try and not be so arrogant, try to actually follow a process and stick to it. This company is very much scapegoat culture, they need to get away from that.

"Will be gone within 5 years at this rate"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Healthcare.
    2. Free tea and coffee but that's pretty much par for the course at most companies.
    3. An onsite gym if you can get a moment to actually use it is a different story.

Cons

1. If you wish to make about 20-25% LESS than at other companies for the same role then this could be the place for you!
    2. Work/Life balance is a joke, you'll find yourself working at nights and weekends because of awful management.
    3. You have to be in the clique to advance yourself in any way.
    4. Awful broken English from Russian colleagues - sometimes making simple jobs seem like a nightmare.
    5. Incompetent people seem to "fail upwards" whilst dedicated and skilled employees fall by the wayside - again the "clique" effect.
    6. Enjoy being underpaid whilst Eugene Kaspersky becomes a newly minted billionaire, globetrotting like a poor mans Richard Branson.
    7. It's a Russian company that is basically in the news every other week for the wrong reasons, just recently - even the department of homeland security has issued a guidance to "avoid the vendor"
    8. Progress is as slow as a glacier, example - company switched from Drupal CMS to Tridion, a process that took a mere 4 years.
    9. Extremely long and dull days, micromanaged to death on everything, creative thinking is not applauded.
    10. Revolving doors employment, I have seen good employees come and go whilst the driftwood seems to linger on.

Advice to Management

I have no words t help this disaster. Get your golden parachutes ready.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Jun 27, 2017 – Head of HR NA (VP)

First of all, thank you for caring so much about this company to bring this to the forefront. It must be tough for you to experience all of it and do your daily job with proper efficiency. Please... More

"Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab (More than 8 years)

Pros

During my twenty five years of professional experience and having worked at three different companies, I can honestly say that Kaspersky is the best place I have ever worked at. The best benefits you’ll find anywhere at a low cost to employees, great people and atmosphere. lots of focus on employees, team building events, career development and internal communications. Strong focus on giving back to the community and charitable events. Flexible work environment , upper management always has an open door policy. Lots of teamwork and comradery between employees in different geographic locations. I consider myself lucky to work for such an outstanding company.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons. People here are great and flexible to accommodate employee needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing. Anyone who would give Kaspersky a poor survey probably hasn’t had the opportunity to work at other companies and to see what it is like to work there and know how lucky they are to be part of this company.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Systems Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Systems Engineer in Woburn, MA

Pros

Great atmosphere, people are very friendly, great benefits and great products

Cons

Long days and high expectations. Other that that if you excellent at working independently you will be fine here

Kaspersky Lab Response

Sep 5, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi, Thanks a lot for your review! Alena Reva

"Impressions 6 months in..."

Current Employee - Head of Global Sales Systems & Data in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Head of Global Sales Systems & Data in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Globally competitive organization, certainly with critical, timely and needed products and services as technology becomes more pervasive - and hackers and alike become more sophisticated.

Cons

Project management is mediocre at best. People tend to pass the buck or deflect what they don't know or can't (or won't) answer. More collaboration is needed on efforts to build, enhance and integrate various major systems inside the organization. My "professional development" hasn't been whispered or discussed by my manager nor do I think he's interested in the topic.

Advice to Management

Foster broader cooperation and teamwork across departments and sites. Implement better/stronger project management. Managers should encourage direct reports to learn and professionally grow.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Aug 30, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations and frankly of what we expect for ourselves and for our employees. While I know that working in a... More

8. "Average office atmosphere."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office has expanded significantly during my time working there, lots of new entertainment, snacks, healthy alternative.

Cons

Not many team building, company outting events.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Mar 22, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi! Thank you for appreciating everything we do for employees. We'll improve on outting events, I promise. Alena Reva, VP HR

"VERY HIGH Turnover, major communication issues"

Former Employee - Management in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Management in Woburn, MA

I worked at Kaspersky Lab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical, dental and 401k benefits are decent. For employees just starting their career in technology, this is a good company to springboard into a better position in the future. Most employees leave after only a few years on good terms for much better positions elsewhere.

Cons

The extremely high sales and management turnover you can expect is due to organization not investing in the necessary retention of qualified employees. The broken English HR responses to these reviews clearly demonstrates the organization's lack of communication to the US workforce, understanding of employee needs and a hypersensitive defensiveness at the first hint of a challenge or criticism. Not much freedom is given to regional offices, and the decisions made at HQ typically are lacking any understanding of regional strategies, technologies or sales methods. There is really no room to grow your career in the US office. Employees are often and quickly shifted into other positions with much more responsibility at the same pay over and over again.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees that leave the company and conduct proper exit interviews to better understand why long-term employees are leaving in droves. Act on those suggestions before the talented workforce Kaspersky has operated with over the last few years loses its best innovators.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Mar 22, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi! Thank you for your honesty. I apologize if my English knowledge hurts your feelings. I'm doing my best to improve. I agree with a lot of cons you mention. We're trying to improve... More

10. "Good place"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Woburn, MA

I worked at Kaspersky Lab part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere,good people. Good Comp & Benefits.

Cons

Company need improvement on quality and security.

Kaspersky Lab Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Head of HR NA (VP)

Hi! Thank you for your nice review! We're working hard on our product quality. We launched a new product strategy, 300 new software engineers will be hired this year in Russia and Ireland to... More