Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. Reviews | Glassdoor

Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. Reviews

Updated August 27, 2018

Michael Kass

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There were good, hard working employees who gave good production" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Complaints consisted of: cruelty, unfairness, lack of leadership, dishonesty and so forth" (in 2 reviews)

• "Due to industry contraction, this firm won't be hiring much in the future" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for.

Cons

Just the normal cons anywhere you work.

2. "Paralegal"

I worked at Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. full-time

Pros

It's a job. Not a foreclosure mill.

Cons

Unorganized; laid off everyone making decent money so that they can hire new people and pay them $3-5/hour less; poor morale

Advice to Management

Care about the people that work WITH you.

3. "Employees are a number through a revolving door."

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck was the major pro. There were good, hard working employees who gave good production. A few good friends were made.

Cons

Antiquated technology, lack of leadership, unsafe area in downtown. Unclear instructions in daily activities, making write ups a natural occurrence for those that questioned authority.

Advice to Management

Improve your communication and leadership to your employees.

4. "Better than other foreclosure mills"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice coworkers, flexible with time off requests

Cons

high expectations not on par with salary, supervisors don't always advocate for employees, poor training processes

Advice to Management

institute a comprehensive job training for new employees, and put an end to the "employee shadowing" as a means for new employees to gain knowledge about job position and requirements, revisit/increase salary ranges to better align with job titles, duties, and responsibilities, train supervisors and managers to actually lead instead of regurgitate directives from the top down.,

"Tech Perspective"

Pros

IT department very cohesive and team oriented. Great group of people to learn an grow with. No micro managing to be found here.

Cons

The team that I mentioned in the Pros is all but gone due to the decline of business at this law firm. Contraction in the foreclosure industry caused this issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to show employees how much they mean to the firm. Also, cookies should be baked every Friday.

6. "Attorney"

I worked at Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. full-time

Pros

Everything was great. Great management.

Cons

Not enough work to keep busy

Advice to Management

Keep killing it

7. "Good place but shrinking"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

Pros

Good teammates, good pay and benefits.

Cons

Neighborhood is incredibly sketchy, homeless are everywhere and walk onto the property high on drugs and panhandle.

Advice to Management

Stop expecting 1 person to do the work of 5.

8. "Quite literally the worst place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Business Process Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Process Analyst

Pros

Some of the employees were awesome (before they were laid off) and my manager was the best manager I've ever had (before she was laid off).

Cons

Dear lord where to start... As others have mentioned the homeless situation around the building is insane. The building itself is awful and my allergies went away as soon as I switched jobs (even though I had asked numerous times for them to have someone clean the vents since there was a layer of black ??? on them). During a staff meeting after layoffs Shuler lied saying that "we were at the headcount we needed to be at" but then a few weeks later there was another one. Then another one. Then another one. It just goes on and on and on.

Aside from the layoffs management is completely unequipped to handle the situation. I was told by my manager "well at least you have a job" when my pay was cut after a round of layoffs. Management spends their time micromanaging their employees instead of doing anything to help the company. Huge business decisions are being made by people who have no idea how to run a business.

I could go on and on but the whole place is a damn mess. It has run itself into the ground and they have no one to blame but themselves. Leaving Kass was the best decision I ever made. If I could leave negative stars I would.

Advice to Management

Freaking do something to appreciate your employees (that is worthwhile) instead of constantly criticizing them. The morale is awful and you aren't doing anything about it.

9. "Replace managers, not employees"

I worked at Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Singer, P.A. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress, some great employees, decent benefits...they used to have some great employee benefits, pizza party, Christmas part, etc...but new managers started and those were thrown out of the window

Cons

Multiple layoffs, poor management, no one knows what anyone else does, they do not care about employees. Office is in the worst area

Advice to Management

Get rid of the management team and hire people who know what they are doing! They are running your company into the ground.

10. "Business Systems Analyst"

Pros

The only pro, at least when I started in 2013 was a low barrier to entry and the brilliant hard working peers I met there. I began as an intern and was later offered full time employ and promotion. The company has since laid off many of their best people since the bankruptcies in Florida have declined drastically.

Cons

Way too many to list (Office located in ghetto, poor pay, no leaders only managers, flimsy chances of training with any modern tools) just to name a few. Even as a first job I would run away from this place like the plague.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't waste my time offering any. They talk a lot and don't listen.