Kastle Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Kastle Systems Co-Chairman & CEO Piyush Sodha
Piyush Sodha

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • too many different management styles, no 401k matching (in 10 reviews)

• Zero flexibility for work schedule does not line up with today's work life balance mentality (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company and great people."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance. Welcoming team environment. Great benefits. Flexible schedule. Dedicated and inclusive leadership.

Cons

The only con is the pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

If the pay were a little more competitive it would be perfect.

2. "Growing Company Where You Can Find Your Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems (More than 10 years)

Pros

Kastle is not for everyone.... but if you're naturally curious, good at prioritization and active in creating your "work" network, it's a place where you can thrive. The company is always innovating, truly believes in customer service as the customer retention tool and key to growth. Employee ideas are valued by the executive team.

Cons

If you need a static environment, where not much changes and your span of responsibilities needs to be constant and rigid, and you generally let learning come to you, really press the hiring manager before you consider heading down the path.

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve the mission and message of the company. Recognize employee successes that fulfill that mission and message for the company (and maybe customers) to see.

"Great Company, Industry Leader, True Team Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kastle is an innovative company that reinvests in its people and products to be THE front runner in technology within the security industry. Within the company you will find a true team/family feel that gives you a sense of pride in where you work, this is shown by the number of employees with 20-30+ years of experience, many of whom have been with the company since inception. Kastle’s continual push in new technology, as well as its people, make it a unique company and a truly enjoyable place to come to work every day.

With its solid foundation and investment in new technology it will continue to be an industry leader and company always on the rise. This culture provides for constant growth as well as expansion into different markets. This growth allows for job security and advancement from within which is another great attribute. When you join Kastle you don’t just become an employee, you become part of the Kastle family.

Cons

It’s work, work isn’t always easy, especially in a fast paced industry like security. This can lend itself to being a stressful industry at times but also establishes comradery with your peers who, in every department, are always there to help. Because of this you will never be bored and you will learn new things every day.

Advice to Management

You’re doing great things, continue on your path. Reinvest in your company and employees who are your greatest asset.

"A Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

The time I spent at Kastle was really excellent. Kastle is an organization that rewards hard work, dedication, and results. At Kastle, you have an opportunity to work with great clients and colleagues, including many who have been with the organization for 20+ years. Ownership and upper management have a strong, distinct vision for the company, and it permeates the culture at Kastle. Profits are reinvested back into the company, which have led to a number of technological advancements which have broadened the scope of products and services available to customers over the last 5+. It's a great feeling to work for a company on the cutting edge of its industry. The pay is good, and upward mobility exists for those who demonstrate aptitude. I would imagine that Kastle's national and international presence will grow substantially over the next few years, which will certainly lead to more and more opportunities for the right employees. Kastle is a company with great employees, great leadership, and great products. It's was a pleasure working there.

Cons

I don't think there is any unique 'con' at Kastle that you wouldn't find at any other job - stress, long hours at times, etc. Historically, the company did not offer any 401(k) contributions, but as of 2016, that has changed. Upper management frequently seeks employee feedback on how to make Kastle a better company to work for, which is refreshing.

Advice to Management

Continue to value the work and voice of your employees. Engage with employees on a daily basis - there are a lot of very smart people working at Kastle, do what it takes to retain them and foster a growth culture and mentality among all levels.

"Best company"

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company lunches, great team work. Positive employees. Very welcoming

Cons

None! Best job ever

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Lot of positive change in the works!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Everyone bends over backwards to help each other out, company is really making strides to be one of the best places to work. Excellent leaders that know how to motivate their teams. Ton of solutions and company stays ahead of security trends. Monthly lunches and events to keep employees motivated!

Cons

No 401k match yet, coming soon hopefully!

Advice to Management

Focus on developing more employees into leadership roles in better preparation for the current growth period.

7. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Pros

What a great place. Lots of people who have been here 25, 30, 35 years, how many companies can say that anymore? My boss is so passionate about what we do and our mission it is contagious! Interesting and fun work, never the same day twice. Open to ideas and suggestions and encourage you to create the path. If you don't like the way something is done, you can fix it! new mentoring program just introduced.

Cons

Don't offer a 401k match

Advice to Management

Keep oushing the envelope in innovation and taking care of your people! You are making some great things happen!

"Good Company"

I worked at Kastle Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Great staff and I had a lot of fun working here.

Cons

They went out of business.

9. "Lots to like, Great learning experience"

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my co-workers, and above all helping my customers. Management have set a service oriented culture, and customer happiness trumps everything. It is gratifying to see it work and hear from satisfied customers. Yes, occasionally that does mean that I have to solve tough customer issues, but it is all part of the learning experience for me. Love the community outreach and volunteer opportunities, as well as company sponsored events - at the Ritz of all places !

Cons

It is a large company with many departments, and somethings things can get stuck. I have always found people willing to go out of their way to help, and it all works out in the end.

10. "Love it, love it, love it."

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get really bored easily, so working here gives me something new to challenge me every single day! I get to learn a new approach, a new solution, or deal with a new client with different needs every day. The management staff is open to input, and works hard to make the workload go smoothly.

Cons

There are no true "cons". This is an entry level job for a lot of us so we SHOULD expect to work hard, learn constantly, and look for ways to shine. I was always taught that is how you get ahead.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for ways to expand because that opens more opportunities for promotion. You have a lot of smart "up and coming" workers.....