Kastle Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Kastle Systems Reviews

Updated February 8, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • too many different management styles, no 401k matching (in 10 reviews)

• Zero flexibility for work schedule does not line up with today's work life balance mentality (in 3 reviews)

"A Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

The time I spent at Kastle was really excellent. Kastle is an organization that rewards hard work, dedication, and results. At Kastle, you have an opportunity to work with great clients and colleagues, including many who have been with the organization for 20+ years. Ownership and upper management have a strong, distinct vision for the company, and it permeates the culture at Kastle. Profits are reinvested back into the company, which have led to a number of technological advancements which have broadened the scope of products and services available to customers over the last 5+. It's a great feeling to work for a company on the cutting edge of its industry. The pay is good, and upward mobility exists for those who demonstrate aptitude. I would imagine that Kastle's national and international presence will grow substantially over the next few years, which will certainly lead to more and more opportunities for the right employees. Kastle is a company with great employees, great leadership, and great products. It's was a pleasure working there.

Cons

I don't think there is any unique 'con' at Kastle that you wouldn't find at any other job - stress, long hours at times, etc. Historically, the company did not offer any 401(k) contributions, but as of 2016, that has changed. Upper management frequently seeks employee feedback on how to make Kastle a better company to work for, which is refreshing.

Advice to Management

Continue to value the work and voice of your employees. Engage with employees on a daily basis - there are a lot of very smart people working at Kastle, do what it takes to retain them and foster a growth culture and mentality among all levels.

"Management Overhaul Needed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Market dominance in the region allows access to high level clients
    -Constantly innovating and thinking to the future for products and services
    -The service that is provided is a necessary one and adds great value from a security standpoint in a world where security is becoming a top priority everyday

Cons

-Too much older technology that causes issues with new systems trying to be implemented
    -Senior leadership does not value customer service staff and micro manages heavily
    -Pay and benefits are well below average for the region, especially for the amount of work required
    -Zero flexibility for work schedule does not line up with today's work life balance mentality
    -Constant internal struggle between departments, causing strained relationships and behind the scenes gossiping even at the executive level which seems like something that they should be above
    -Bonuses are impossible to obtain and management probably knows that but is unwilling to change so they aren't forced to pay out deserving employees

Advice to Management

Overhaul management, you need people that lead and garner respect from the employees, find ways to upgrade support infrastructure to allow flexibility and work life balance, change the bonus structure so people can be rewarded for their hard work especially if leadership stays the same so that there is at least some pay off for what employees have to deal with internally.

"Best company"

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company lunches, great team work. Positive employees. Very welcoming

Cons

None! Best job ever

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Lot of positive change in the works!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Everyone bends over backwards to help each other out, company is really making strides to be one of the best places to work. Excellent leaders that know how to motivate their teams. Ton of solutions and company stays ahead of security trends. Monthly lunches and events to keep employees motivated!

Cons

No 401k match yet, coming soon hopefully!

Advice to Management

Focus on developing more employees into leadership roles in better preparation for the current growth period.

6. "great experience"

Pros

Good work environment. My superiors are very supportive. I believe that I am getting great experience, which will lead to many opportunities once I get some more years under my belt.

Cons

No 401k match. High turnover rate which at times can lead to a heavy workload. Can be stressful at times, although that should be expected.

"OK company - has potential"

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What makes this a fun place to work for are the amazing co-workers. There is also lots of networking and growth opportunity.

Cons

The executive staff does not value the employees. Pay and benefits are very low for the region and execs are focused on sales, not employee retention.

Advice to Management

A happy workforce will sell your product better. Focus on employees first and reap the rewards. A top 100 best places to work company starts from the ground up.

8. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Pros

What a great place. Lots of people who have been here 25, 30, 35 years, how many companies can say that anymore? My boss is so passionate about what we do and our mission it is contagious! Interesting and fun work, never the same day twice. Open to ideas and suggestions and encourage you to create the path. If you don't like the way something is done, you can fix it! new mentoring program just introduced.

Cons

Don't offer a 401k match

Advice to Management

Keep oushing the envelope in innovation and taking care of your people! You are making some great things happen!

"director of bus dev"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Oakley, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Oakley, CA

I worked at Kastle Systems (More than a year)

Pros

there are not any pros

Cons

they are very much micro managers

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really take care of their employees. Middle Management is getting better, have & had 2 great bosses over me.

Cons

New tech is great but too much clutter and unreliable old technology/software, hard to get behind a product that needs so much support. It wears on me everyday that so much of my time is spent fixing problems and listening to complaints.

Advice to Management

Focus on fixing what you have not getting more. Once you have a solid foundation, you can grow with structure. growing without structure is a recipe for disaster.

"Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constantly innovating and is an industry leader. Kastle encourages you to take ownership in your work and rewards those who do. Competitive pay and bonuses. Peers are great to work with. Free coffee (hey, used to work for govt, so I don't take these things for granted). Frequent socials. Opportunities to advance if you are patient and don't demand instant gratification (I have moved from a junior member of the team into management since being with the company under 10 years). Excellent health benefits.

Cons

Certain jobs require 24/7 on-call support. Despite company's recent financial success, company still doesn't provide 401k match. Employee experience can vary based on department and manager. Work/life balance can get stretched thin at times

Advice to Management

Try to be more encouraging of employees and reward good things done rather than constantly chiding on things you don't like.