Kastle Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • too many different management styles, no 401k matching (in 7 reviews)

• They don't have 401k matching, though they do contribute a profit shar to 401k (in 11 reviews)

1. "Lot of positive change in the works!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Everyone bends over backwards to help each other out, company is really making strides to be one of the best places to work. Excellent leaders that know how to motivate their teams. Ton of solutions and company stays ahead of security trends. Monthly lunches and events to keep employees motivated!

Cons

No 401k match yet, coming soon hopefully!

Advice to Management

Focus on developing more employees into leadership roles in better preparation for the current growth period.

2. "great experience"

Pros

Good work environment. My superiors are very supportive. I believe that I am getting great experience, which will lead to many opportunities once I get some more years under my belt.

Cons

No 401k match. High turnover rate which at times can lead to a heavy workload. Can be stressful at times, although that should be expected.

"OK company - has potential"

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What makes this a fun place to work for are the amazing co-workers. There is also lots of networking and growth opportunity.

Cons

The executive staff does not value the employees. Pay and benefits are very low for the region and execs are focused on sales, not employee retention.

Advice to Management

A happy workforce will sell your product better. Focus on employees first and reap the rewards. A top 100 best places to work company starts from the ground up.

4. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Pros

What a great place. Lots of people who have been here 25, 30, 35 years, how many companies can say that anymore? My boss is so passionate about what we do and our mission it is contagious! Interesting and fun work, never the same day twice. Open to ideas and suggestions and encourage you to create the path. If you don't like the way something is done, you can fix it! new mentoring program just introduced.

Cons

Don't offer a 401k match

Advice to Management

Keep oushing the envelope in innovation and taking care of your people! You are making some great things happen!

"director of bus dev"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Oakley, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in Oakley, CA

I worked at Kastle Systems (More than a year)

Pros

there are not any pros

Cons

they are very much micro managers

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really take care of their employees. Middle Management is getting better, have & had 2 great bosses over me.

Cons

New tech is great but too much clutter and unreliable old technology/software, hard to get behind a product that needs so much support. It wears on me everyday that so much of my time is spent fixing problems and listening to complaints.

Advice to Management

Focus on fixing what you have not getting more. Once you have a solid foundation, you can grow with structure. growing without structure is a recipe for disaster.

"Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constantly innovating and is an industry leader. Kastle encourages you to take ownership in your work and rewards those who do. Competitive pay and bonuses. Peers are great to work with. Free coffee (hey, used to work for govt, so I don't take these things for granted). Frequent socials. Opportunities to advance if you are patient and don't demand instant gratification (I have moved from a junior member of the team into management since being with the company under 10 years). Excellent health benefits.

Cons

Certain jobs require 24/7 on-call support. Despite company's recent financial success, company still doesn't provide 401k match. Employee experience can vary based on department and manager. Work/life balance can get stretched thin at times

Advice to Management

Try to be more encouraging of employees and reward good things done rather than constantly chiding on things you don't like.

"too laid back"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

You get paid, can get homework down

Cons

Low pay, to much drama

Advice to Management

This company is falling apart. Focus on hiring quality employees and giving proper training.

"It a great place to work."

Pros

Company invest in products and services. Updates technology

Cons

Pay, Profit Sharing, Career Path

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees, Match 401K. Allow company experience to accomodate for growth. Allow all departments promotional opportunities.

"Great Vision Poor Execution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees and clients.

Cons

Middle Management. Both George Ballman and Piyush Sodah are invested in the company and their employees. Middle Managers are unprofessional and un-qualified. If you want to hire young and promote from within then you need to have managers that are qualified to lead. Middle Managers speak poorly about their staff and gossip like teenagers.

Interview Process. HR should investigate hiring practices to ensure they are consistent and fair. Promotions are done by favoritism and not by qualifications. Have overheard public negative comments about candidates on multiple occasions. Reluctant to promote black females with fear that they are not polished enough.

Client Information. Kastle NEEDS to do a better job with client documentation. Often, contracts are not on file, information is incorrectly documented, information is missing. Billing is inconsistent and different clients are charged different rates with little rhyme or reason. Kastle cannot identify what a client is being billed for or if invoices are correct.

Installation Process. During my time at Kastle, I never saw an installation run smoothly. The Installation Department is quick to pass projects off. Kastle has no quality check for the end of projects and often clients notice that not all of their equipment was installed.

Communication. When anything goes wrong at Kastle, Kastle attemps to put up smoke and mirrors to hide issues from clients. Employees are asked to sugarcoat technology outages. Employees are also asked to omit staffing changes so clients are unaware their point of contact has left. Since documentation is so poor, their is no real way to communicate with all clients at once.

Communication. Communicate internal changes more pro-actively and with thought. Half-baked ideas are often introduced and then forgotten. Employees often don't know who their managers are.

Advice to Management

Focus more on fixing our current processes before trying to roll out new technology. If you don't have strong foundation, eventually everything will crash.

Its 2015, provide a 401K Match