Kate Spade New York Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.9
Kate Spade New York CEO Liz Fraser
Liz Fraser
Pros
  • "Great discount, fun people to work with, flexible scheduling(in 154 reviews)

• "Employee discount, great people, fun environment(in 106 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor upper management, took credit for other managers work, lack of communication(in 40 reviews)

• "sometimes hard work/life balance(in 39 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kate Spade New York and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great job!

Oct 8, 2020 - Sales Associate in Aurora, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best jobs I ever had. Taught me a lot about sales and how successful you can truly be.

Cons

Not the best pay. Somewhat of a dress code but it is not hard to follow.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall great work environment

May 4, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Cypress, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible with working schedules - Management is very nice and has an open-door policy

Cons

- Not a place for people seeking to climb up the ladder

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good first job!

May 3, 2021 - Lead Sales Associate in San Ysidro, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for a first-time job! I definitely feel like I was spoiled; for starters, our breaks/lunches were 15 min/1 hours compared to other stores in our mall with 10/30min. Every so often we did receive 2 pieces of kate spade ready-to-wear (we only covered tax and it was taken out of our paycheck). Great discount! 70% off outlet, 50% regular store, plus every quarter you could get a handbag for 50% + 50% off.

Cons

Overnight shifts to introduce new merchandise/change store layout were rough. Very physically demanding; at my store, closers had to carry sometimes up to 200 boxes from backstock to the front of the store so it could be opened up by our stockroom employees at 6am. Some issues with management that were only resolved after numerous complains.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a good Company

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive Genuine Culture, There's a lot of ways to build relationships even with work from home employees. Lots of clubs, resources, and activities to grow professionally and personally. Overall the management and HR cares about employees as much as they can without affecting profits.

Cons

With Covid- KSNY had to lay off a lot of ppl and it added those responsibilities to the ppl who remain on board.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great Work Environment but not a living wage

Apr 21, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Pottstown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company really cares about it's employees. Everyone is friendly and kind, it is a warm and welcoming work environment. Feels like home.

Cons

Tapestry gives hour and wage caps. This means, unless you are a supervisor or manager, you are not going to make a living wage. It's great if you are young and looking to start your savings, just need a second job, or are someone in a situation where you don't need a lot of money. But if you are looking to pay your bills, this is unfortunately not going to be the job for you.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interview was a joke, I will not be working here!!!

May 12, 2021 - Sales Associate in Rehoboth Beach, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I didn’t see any pros when I went in for my interview

Cons

Went in for the interview with high expectations until I met the management staff who knew absolutely nothing about the business the interview questions were so basic it was so disappointing I will be looking elsewhere for employment. Store manager was not welcoming or friendly

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

pt sales

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun, employee benefit, friendly people

Cons

no phone, over night during floor set up

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Kate spade

May 4, 2021 - Retail Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun, flexible schedule, and overall great work environment

Cons

not many staff members, too many members on management

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

My Favorite Job Ever, But Kind of Low Pay and Little Hours

Nov 10, 2020 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at the Kate Spade North Outlet location in Las Vegas while I was in college, and out of the several retail jobs I've worked, this was hands-down my favorite. The work environment was incredibly fun and positive, the managers were fantastic, friendly, and were great with scheduling, and the overall vibe was just very chill. I became friends with most of my coworkers immediately, and I still go out with them even almost a year after leaving. The work itself is very easy. Just be friendly and professional with your customers, learn as much as you can about the products, and practice your salesmanship and you will do great.

Cons

The pay was lower than in other retail stores in Las Vegas. When I first got hired, I really had to negotiate with management to raise my hourly rate since I was being paid more at my previous jobs. However, if you're fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, or Tagalog they will offer you a much higher pay rate than someone who only speaks English. Also, when I was there, they implemented a new policy that part-time associates can only work 19 hours per week. I don't know if they've changed this policy since then, but either way, don't expect to make a living from only working at Kate Spade. It's a great part-time job if you're a college student.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Review

May 3, 2021 - Senior Muse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming environment and place to grow

Cons

No cons-work life balance is great

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,187 Reviews