Kaufman Financial Group Reviews in Farmington Hills, MI | Glassdoor

Farmington Hills, MI

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Database Development Intern"

Current Intern - Database Development in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Intern - Database Development in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great people who are knowledgeable in their areas.
    2. Nice facility that is very clean and up to date.
    3. They give you the tools to do a thorough job.

Cons

1. Traffic is terrible in the area particularly around rush hour.
    2. Parking lot is a little beat up.

"Good if you're desperate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Kaufman Financial Group full-time

Pros

So, let me just say most of the people are fantastic. I genuinely enjoyed working with the majority of co-workers in my department.

Cons

While there are a bunch of things I did not like the main ones have to do with the culture of the place. There is a feeling of fear that permeates the atmosphere. As an example, some of the things I was told either before I started or during my first week: No brown suits, no brown shoes, no dark shirts, shoes must be polished, you must memorize facts about the company in order to show Alan (owner) you're "loyal", corporate employees work 8:30 to 5:30 but branch offices work 9 to 5 except when Alan is visiting of course. Also, no fragrant food in the lunch area and any price you negotiate with vendors will have an "Alan" tax. Eventually vendors get wise and just make the price higher to compensate but it sucks at first.

Advice to Management

Loosen up dress code, the current "standard hours" are a joke to everyone working there.

3. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long hours and poor work/life balance

"Large Company with a Small Company feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

The company is growing rapidly so they are constantly hiring new people to keep up with the work load. This is both good and bad because company outlook is strong but as with other companies that grow quickly, turnover is high. Everyone that I have worked with so far has been great. All of the business departments are big on teams. Each department has their own culture and it shows. Constant process improvements and progression paths within most of the departments. Both buildings have been renovated and are new and modern. Compensation is competitive for the market.

Cons

Turnover is high due to company growth. Should stabilize soon. Dress is business professional but there is a law firm within the company so it is to be expected.

Advice to Management

A more formal orientation and training process should be in place. Speak and work with your employees on their professional development within the company.

5. "Fast paced and exciting company!"

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group full-time

Pros

Constantly expanding company that allows for a great deal of creativity in the work environment
    Fast paced interesting environment
    Support for professional growth and development
    Innovative HR group always looking for opportunities to provide support services to companies, functions and offices

Cons

Sometimes the conservative culture conflicts with work life balance
    Constantly changing environment may result in multiple demands and limited time to meet them

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees and providing support for employees to grow professionally and personally!

Kaufman Financial Group Response

Sep 28, 2015 – Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work with management on implementing best practices for evaluating employee performance and development.

6. "Accounting Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Intern - Intern in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Kaufman Financial Group are nothing but kind. Around every corner of the office, no matter what title the individual holds, every employee is open to helping others. The intern program is also set up well, allowing each intern to have an opportunity to explore different regions of the company while also having in-depth opportunities within their department. At KFG headquarters lunch and learns are frequently held giving interns and new employees an opportunity to meet nearly every executive and have a chance to pick their brain.

Cons

Much of the work is tedious and rather boring.

Advice to Management

Diversify interns assignments.

Kaufman Financial Group Response

Sep 28, 2015 – Talent

We are glad you enjoyed your time as an intern at Kaufman Financial Group. We are still in the process of creating a robust internship program and your feedback will be used towards its development... More

7. "Great experience with great people"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Kaufman Financial Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People were very friendly and willing to help you learn. I knew nothing about insurance but it didn't end up being a problem

Cons

Conservative atmosphere but with the industry it isn't out of the ordinary