Kaufman Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Family Owned Company"

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful opportunities exist within this Company for insurance professionals and for those desiring to be the same. Offices throughout the Country, Canada and the United Kingdom.

Cons

Need to exercise more control over Offices and improve remote training capabilities. Do a better job of retaining talented people.

Advice to Management

Communicate better the expectations to new hires.
    Expand the schools that you recruit from to gain more specialized training (Risk Management Programs) and also to improve the diversity of the Companies employees

2. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long hours and poor work/life balance

"It sucks to admit that all the negative comments posted about the company are true to the T. Extremely old management."

I worked at Kaufman Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to be in a workplace where there is no work. This is it for you.

There's good and talented people here. Just management sucks and the talented people are useless because of them.

Cons

Lots of favoritism. No flexibility. No appreciation. Zero professional attitude. Timing is a joke. Even during the worst weather you have to be there, or take a vacation day. Management that's been around for 13-14 years and believe that's the only way to do business in 2017. Like printing paper and writing comments on that, rather then using electronic version like a email. Bugs/errors are tracked through email... yes email.

There may be growth in the company, but for the IT department you are running on a clock 30 years back. No one cares about your personal development. If you want to grow this isn't the place. I had To ask my manager multiple times to give me projects, and once I started working on them, for some reason or the other they would be terminated.

You are held accountable even if you are 5 mins late. No one talks about productivity or learning, everyone is too busy gossiping about past staff. This company needs a change so bad, but they aren't even willing to admit they suck.

Advice to Management

You guys need to wake up and see where the rest of the world is. And how they are progressing in business. Employee satisfaction is key, no one is loyal to your company. Recognize leaders that are amongst you, you have them. Just too many dumb and old minded people who don't even know how to use Microsoft word are in charge.

Also, don't hire talented and ambitious people, your company and management cannot handle or cater to them. Neither does your environment deserve them.

"Good if you're desperate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Kaufman Financial Group full-time

Pros

So, let me just say most of the people are fantastic. I genuinely enjoyed working with the majority of co-workers in my department.

Cons

While there are a bunch of things I did not like the main ones have to do with the culture of the place. There is a feeling of fear that permeates the atmosphere. As an example, some of the things I was told either before I started or during my first week: No brown suits, no brown shoes, no dark shirts, shoes must be polished, you must memorize facts about the company in order to show Alan (owner) you're "loyal", corporate employees work 8:30 to 5:30 but branch offices work 9 to 5 except when Alan is visiting of course. Also, no fragrant food in the lunch area and any price you negotiate with vendors will have an "Alan" tax. Eventually vendors get wise and just make the price higher to compensate but it sucks at first.

Advice to Management

Loosen up dress code, the current "standard hours" are a joke to everyone working there.

5. "Employment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice employers, flexible.

Cons

Always add more work to your load even if it's not in your contract.

"Growing company striving to improve constantly"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Kaufman Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are very forward thinking trying to catch a lot of young talent to keep the company moving forward to the next generation. They seem to be very fair and invite input.

Cons

I would think the benefits would be better for such a large company but perhaps the market place is in bad shape since AHCA.

Advice to Management

Is there any way to offer your employees even better healthcare benefits for families with lower deductibles?

"Not your typical insurance company!"

Pros

Amazing opportunity here if you are really driven and take the initiative to go for it
    Need to have determination and drive to succeed here

Cons

No standard way of doing things
    Need to maintain personal optimism

"Accounts Receivable Analyst"

I worked at Kaufman Financial Group full-time

Pros

Karen is amazing to learn from and work with. She does come off as a bull, but if she wasn't a woman that wouldn't be an issue.

Healthy Snacks

No micromanaging

Cons

I didn't stay because I came in through an employment agency I hated. I expressed this multiple times but it didn't seem like anyone cared. I understand how contracts with employment agencies work, but when you have talent you should keep it.

Advice to Management

No one cares about writing an essay on why they think they should work there... No one.

"Real Estate Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Real Estate Project Manager in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Real Estate Project Manager in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Kaufman Financial Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good People to work with

Cons

Lower than average compensation. Unnecessarily long hours. Horrible travel requirements

Advice to Management

Need delegation of authority from the top management to next levels down

"Large Company with a Small Company feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

The company is growing rapidly so they are constantly hiring new people to keep up with the work load. This is both good and bad because company outlook is strong but as with other companies that grow quickly, turnover is high. Everyone that I have worked with so far has been great. All of the business departments are big on teams. Each department has their own culture and it shows. Constant process improvements and progression paths within most of the departments. Both buildings have been renovated and are new and modern. Compensation is competitive for the market.

Cons

Turnover is high due to company growth. Should stabilize soon. Dress is business professional but there is a law firm within the company so it is to be expected.

Advice to Management

A more formal orientation and training process should be in place. Speak and work with your employees on their professional development within the company.