Kawneer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Kawneer General Manager Diana Perreiah
Diana Perreiah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people great benefits great location" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great place to work for, the pay is not bad, great people I been working there for 10 yrs now looking for something new" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work/life balance, empty promises given to employees" (in 5 reviews)

• "Key positions and accounting personnel have no work / life balance to speak of" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Kawneer"

I have been working at Kawneer full-time

Pros

Good starting pay and benefits. Safety is paramount and stressed daily. Advancement from within open.

Cons

Low turnover makes advancing a slow process if you do not want to move out of area.

Advice to Management

Hold employees accountable and expect resolution from them.

2. "It’s been positive"

Pros

Great people
    Relaxed work environment

Cons

No direct path to upward mobility
    Do not want to compensate for added work responsibility
    Hints of favoritism

Advice to Management

Be more open to promoting the best person not just who you like

3. "Was decent, now it's like purgatory."

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Kawneer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will definitely work! I forgot what 40 hour weeks were like. They would be a relief. Hope you like overtime and not being able to use vacation. Company is profitable. Annual cost of living increase (but probably won't happen again depending on whom we are sold to). Decent benefits.

Cons

High management turnover (3 PMs in 6 years, 4 HR managers, 3 Ops managers, and I can't even count how many process engineers). No work/life balance. Stock is stagnant at 2/3 of what it was 6 years ago while the DOW booms. AND....our company is up for sale from Arconic. Management acts like raises come out of their own pocket. Very low employee morale.

Advice to Management

Clean up your resume for the impending sale, because if I were the new owner, I'd replace you all.

"COMPANY FOR SALE, poor outlook"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Kawneer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k, health and dental insurance

Cons

KAWNEER is currently for sale due to poor decisions by Company president Diana Pirreah (Purchace of Traco in the middle of the financial crisis) Management has a negative attitude towards employees. Verbally abusive, leads promoted based on friendship. Cannot keep new hires, the turnover here in Springdale is 70%. Nobody wants to work here anymore.

Advice to Management

Who ever buys BCS should be prepared to replace all corporate management, close corporate headquarters (overpriced location, need to have it anchored to a production facility, way out of touch with the business) all plant supervisors need replaced with people that know how to manage in the 21st century, not arrogant men setting themselves up for retirement. Quality of the products have steadily went down hill due to skilled people leaving and high turnover.

"factory worker"

Current Employee - Factory Worker in Bloomsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Factory Worker in Bloomsburg, PA

I have been working at Kawneer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Offered decent wage, health benefits.

Cons

Management is not trustworthy. Management lies to their employees constantly. Company preaches safety!! but reality they do not care. They want you to be safe or pretend like your safe in an unsafe environment. If you get hurt they keep you at work for the day and literally make u do nothing but stand there so it's not considered as a day missed from injury. So they wont have to report it. If you are seriously injured they'll deny your claim and say that u werent hurt on the job if its inconclusive. They wont give you time off to recovery from injuries.. if u miss to much time. more day 5 days a year u get fired... for any reason other than deaths in the family.

There is zero trust between workers and management. They don't care about their employees. Your easy to replace. They force you into 70 hours of work every other week.. while working 48 hours the previous week.. They constantly taking taking taking evert benefit they have. Very bad place to work right now. Unappreciated employees. It's looking to be a very GRIM future.

Advice to Management

Dont suck. Appreciate your ppl and taking care of them and they'll feel the same for you. These employees bust there buts to make u millions yet u just crap on them daily. Be REASONABLE

"Estimator Scheduler"

Current Employee - Estimator Scheduler in Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Estimator Scheduler in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Kawneer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid Back Atmosphere, Great Coworkers/Knowledgeable

Cons

Under-compensated, Processes tend to take longer to get in affect, suggestions not really ever heard out

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees that have ideas if possible.

"Customer Service Cooridnator"

I worked at Kawneer full-time

Pros

For the most part, people were good to work with. Decent pay rate. Great benefits.

Cons

Lack of training, not much room for advancement. If your happy with the salary you are hired with, good. Most people I worked with didn't get a raise in the 3 years I was there.

"Kawneer Employee for Over 30 Years"

Current Employee - Engineer in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Kawneer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work hour flexibility. Positive work environment. Exceptional opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Salary and annual raises. Management.

Advice to Management

Be more open, honest, and forthright with employees regarding business decisions made by upper management. Lies and half truths create distrust.

9. "Fast Paced But Enjoyable Work Environment"

I worked at Kawneer part-time

Pros

I enjoyed working at Kawneer as a part-time employee because of the reasonable pay and the awesome employees I worked with.

Cons

The downside for some people would be the 12-hour shifts, however I didn't mind them at all.

10. "There's a lot to improve, but that's the opportunity."

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Cranberry, PA
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Kawneer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly do care about keeping you safe and going home to your family. That isn't common in manufacturing.

Cons

Leadership doesn't know to run a custom window manufacturing plant. All of the alcoa buzzword lean six sigma ideals can't be applied in the same way they are when manufacturing soda cans.

Advice to Management

Be willing to engage with those who know what they are doing. Learn the products and the industry.