Kayako Reviews | Glassdoor

Kayako Reviews

Updated Jan 17, 2019

4.2
Kayako CEO Andy Tryba  (no image)
Andy Tryba
  1. "Smart, collaborative, rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Kayako full-time for more than a year

Pros

a lot of elements that are rare to come across, all in one place: - a lot of autonomy and collaboration - sensible, approachable management style - remote-first approach, which leads to a lot of geographic flexibility - open communication and supportive environment - smart, committed teammates - challenging, rewarding work

Cons

mostly normal startup struggles: - thanks to rapid growth, a lot of internal processes aren't fully built out yet (but there's a ton of work being done to develop them) - pace is super-fast (but there's a ton of emphasis and support for building a strong work/life balance too)

Advice to Management

You've built a company around a strong, relateable set of values, and that's what makes Kayako such a great place to work.

Kayako2017-06-27

"Wonderful startup with a great team"

Data Science Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako

Pros

- Lot of scope for self-improvement. I learned digital marketing, growth and backend software engineering here - The leadership team are super friendly and always accessible - Excellent perks so you don't leave out your personal life - Super yummy food - Passionate, inspiring team-mates. This is the most imp. factor, which drove me to learn things. Also, I was super stoked that EVERYONE in the... leadership are very data-driven. Gave me the kick (being a data scientist).

Cons

- Didn't expect any during my time.

Kayako2017-06-20

"I accumulated huge amounts of knowledge through this company."

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

* Friendly/Mentor CEO * Open communication. * Flexible timings. Flexibility to work from home if required. * Food, outings * Mac machines * Deployment is well guarded by test cases at different levels.

Cons

* You can make or break yourself. If you're just working like everyday programmer and fear to take up challenges or make mistakes then you may feel like rotting. * Process can slow you down until you get used to them. But in the end you will find an improved programmer in you.

Advice to Management

Continue being strategic and keep the channels of communication open like you guys have been doing always....

Kayako2017-07-03

"Good for software engineers to grow"

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Unlimited paid time off - Unlimited work from home - High quality Macbooks - Use of latest technologies and tools - CEO is superb in interaction and knowledge as well, interact directly with developers and has extreme interest in latest technology - Stickness to high quality code and dev tools - Knowledge of fully matured Saas product - Timely outings - Comptetive salaries - Free meals

Cons

- Not as such, but their stickness to high code quality may irk you little bit if you don't like to follow code standards.

Advice to Management

Keep iterating people between backend and frontend, so that they can be full stack developers :)

"Learn & Earn with Fun"

Manager, IS in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako for more than a year

Pros

*Great Environment-You would love to be working at this company *Friendly Staff - Your CEO eats, drinks and plays some games with you;) What else:) *Transparent Management *Perks & Facilities *You can enjoy a game of TT or Pool or You can play games on PS & X-Box with your colleagues in the cafe area.... *Free Food & Drinks - There's nothing between you and your tummy:) *Great Salary-One reason... that keeps everyone motivated... *Good & Transparent Hike during Annual Appraisal Cycle *A company that loves its Customers as much as its own Employees. *Flexible Work Timings *You learn responsibility, ownership, and other Leadership Values along with your day to day job (doesn't depend on the role you are actually in) - This adds a great value to your career/profile. *The vision of management is positive *The product in itself tells its WORTH - Try it before you apply for a job - You would definitely want to be a part of this journey.

Cons

People can find Cons with every current company they work for - but you only realize the value of an organization when you are not a part of it. I loved being a part of this Journey.

Advice to Management

The Product is World Class - But an expansion is needed to take it to the next level; beat others and be no.1 in the helpdesk industry.

Kayako2017-06-20
  6. "Awesome environment and people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Super invested and self aware management team - Focus on culture and company values: this is one of the only companies I've seen actually visibly practice the values they preach - Very comfortable environment: flexible WFH policy, unlimited holiday, loads of snacks and drinks, free beer, catered Friday lunches - Progressive environment that is unafraid to make bold decisions to move the company forward

Cons

- Usual startup/relaunch con of being unclear sometimes where priorities should be, especially when trying to coordinate a launch with a very distributed team. I hear this has got a lot better though. - I definitely put on weight from all the free snacking...

Advice to Management

Keep being self aware! That's your biggest strength. Also keep talking to customers and focus focus focus :shia:

Kayako2017-06-19
  7. "Positive experience overall"

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work at if you're are a motivated, self-sufficient, self-managed contributor who doesn't need much hand holding. If offers flexible working in truest sense, great benefits and perks, decent compensation, opportunities to learn and grow. The team is smart, mature, friendly and helpful. Everyone is keen to do their best work and help company succeed. The product, while it had some issues in... the past and some may be ongoing, is also good.

Cons

Occasionally, things get bottlenecked or delayed but on other occasions, the lean approach means things can get actioned very fast. There's room for improvement for sure but (first time) founders are usually transparent when mistaken are made on their part. There's no clear career map and sometime line managers are also learning on the job.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting your people - there's a reason you hired them in the first place!

Kayako2017-06-19
  8. "Great company to work for. Learn and grow"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

1. Good quality of work for learning and growth 2. Opportunity Talento work closely with a talented and motivated CEO, 3. Talented colleagues 4. Unlimited food and snacks for colleagues 5. New technologies to work on

Cons

No place for people who wants to be in comfort zone.

Kayako2017-06-15
  9. "Great place to work"

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked with Kayako for around 6 years and it was a great journey. I absolutely loved working there! They really know how to keep a great work life balance and treat their employees really well! I think most of IT company need quantity work, but in this company always need quality work and it’s can help for growth and learn. The CEO is highly Loveable and Motivated which brings lot of positive energy in the... team. Great Work culture, Best of talented colleagues, Flexible working hours, sponsored meals, unlimited PTO, unlimited work from home, amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management. I always felt as a company family member not an employee. If you want to work on challenging and interesting things, then Kayako is the best place for you. Working in Kayako is way interesting than working in other places. You will find a lot of freedom and a great work culture. The culture is full of great people who bring lots of energy to the floor. Great product and decent office perks. They make sure that you are equipped with required thing. Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. You have full flexibility to work on new technologies like EmberJS and NodeJS. Great mentors in the company to give a proper guidance in career progression. Here are some key benefits I would like to mention. Work freedom Unlimited Paid Time Off Unlimited Work From Home Very good salaries Amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management Last but not least, free meals. You don't need to carry your boring lunch box with you :) At the end, I would like to say Thanks to Kayako for helping me to grow professionally.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of !

Advice to Management

Keep the good work up!

Kayako2017-06-15

"Great team to work with"

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had spent more than 3 years at Kayako, Gurgaon. 1. Smart and intelligent people to work with. 2. Lots of learning opportunity 3. No compromise with Quality whether its Code, Use of latest technologies, Mac books, food. 4. Good work life balance 5 Unlimited Paid off and WFH. 6. Open office culture. 7. Easily approachable management

Cons

I had great tenure at Kayako, however some policy changes happened which most of the employees didn't like. Not everyone's effort get recognised.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job with lots of employee friendly policies. Just one advice - Keep your eyes and ears open.

Kayako2017-06-26