Kayako Reviews | Glassdoor

Kayako Reviews

Updated Jan 17, 2019

4.2
Kayako CEO Andy Tryba  (no image)
Andy Tryba
0 Rating

"Wonderful startup with a great team"

Data Science Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako

Pros

- Lot of scope for self-improvement. I learned digital marketing, growth and backend software engineering here - The leadership team are super friendly and always accessible - Excellent perks so you don't leave out your personal life - Super yummy food - Passionate, inspiring team-mates. This is the most imp. factor, which drove me to learn things. Also, I was super stoked that EVERYONE in the leadership are very data-driven. Gave me the kick (being a data scientist).

Cons

- Didn't expect any during my time.

"Learn & Earn with Fun"

Manager, IS in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako for more than a year

Pros

*Great Environment-You would love to be working at this company *Friendly Staff - Your CEO eats, drinks and plays some games with you;) What else:) *Transparent Management *Perks & Facilities *You can enjoy a game of TT or Pool or You can play games on PS & X-Box with your colleagues in the cafe area.... *Free Food & Drinks - There's nothing between you and your tummy:) *Great Salary-One reason that keeps everyone motivated... *Good & Transparent Hike during Annual Appraisal Cycle *A company that loves its Customers as much as its own Employees. *Flexible Work Timings *You learn responsibility, ownership, and other Leadership Values along with your day to day job (doesn't depend on the role you are actually in) - This adds a great value to your career/profile. *The vision of management is positive *The product in itself tells its WORTH - Try it before you apply for a job - You would definitely want to be a part of this journey.

Cons

People can find Cons with every current company they work for - but you only realize the value of an organization when you are not a part of it. I loved being a part of this Journey.

Advice to Management

The Product is World Class - But an expansion is needed to take it to the next level; beat others and be no.1 in the helpdesk industry.

Kayako2017-06-20

"Good for software engineers to grow"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Unlimited paid time off - Unlimited work from home - High quality Macbooks - Use of latest technologies and tools - CEO is superb in interaction and knowledge as well, interact directly with developers and has extreme interest in latest technology - Stickness to high quality code and dev tools - Knowledge of fully matured Saas product - Timely outings - Comptetive salaries - Free meals

Cons

- Not as such, but their stickness to high code quality may irk you little bit if you don't like to follow code standards.

Advice to Management

Keep iterating people between backend and frontend, so that they can be full stack developers :)

Kayako2017-06-20
  4. "Positive experience overall"

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work at if you're are a motivated, self-sufficient, self-managed contributor who doesn't need much hand holding. If offers flexible working in truest sense, great benefits and perks, decent compensation, opportunities to learn and grow. The team is smart, mature, friendly and helpful. Everyone is keen to do their best work and help company succeed. The product, while it had some issues in the past and some may be ongoing, is also good.

Cons

Occasionally, things get bottlenecked or delayed but on other occasions, the lean approach means things can get actioned very fast. There's room for improvement for sure but (first time) founders are usually transparent when mistaken are made on their part. There's no clear career map and sometime line managers are also learning on the job.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting your people - there's a reason you hired them in the first place!

Kayako2017-06-19
  5. "Awesome environment and people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Super invested and self aware management team - Focus on culture and company values: this is one of the only companies I've seen actually visibly practice the values they preach - Very comfortable environment: flexible WFH policy, unlimited holiday, loads of snacks and drinks, free beer, catered Friday lunches - Progressive environment that is unafraid to make bold decisions to move the company forward

Cons

- Usual startup/relaunch con of being unclear sometimes where priorities should be, especially when trying to coordinate a launch with a very distributed team. I hear this has got a lot better though. - I definitely put on weight from all the free snacking...

Advice to Management

Keep being self aware! That's your biggest strength. Also keep talking to customers and focus focus focus :shia:

Kayako2017-06-19
  6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked with Kayako for around 6 years and it was a great journey. I absolutely loved working there! They really know how to keep a great work life balance and treat their employees really well! I think most of IT company need quantity work, but in this company always need quality work and it’s can help for growth and learn. The CEO is highly Loveable and Motivated which brings lot of positive energy in the team. Great Work culture, Best of talented colleagues, Flexible working hours, sponsored meals, unlimited PTO, unlimited work from home, amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management. I always felt as a company family member not an employee. If you want to work on challenging and interesting things, then Kayako is the best place for you. Working in Kayako is way interesting than working in other places. You will find a lot of freedom and a great work culture. The culture is full of great people who bring lots of energy to the floor. Great product and decent office perks. They make sure that you are equipped with required thing. Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. You have full flexibility to work on new technologies like EmberJS and NodeJS. Great mentors in the company to give a proper guidance in career progression. Here are some key benefits I would like to mention. Work freedom Unlimited Paid Time Off Unlimited Work From Home Very good salaries Amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management Last but not least, free meals. You don't need to carry your boring lunch box with you :) At the end, I would like to say Thanks to Kayako for helping me to grow professionally.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of !

Advice to Management

Keep the good work up!

Kayako2017-06-15
  7. "Great company to work for. Learn and grow"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

1. Good quality of work for learning and growth 2. Opportunity Talento work closely with a talented and motivated CEO, 3. Talented colleagues 4. Unlimited food and snacks for colleagues 5. New technologies to work on

Cons

No place for people who wants to be in comfort zone.

Kayako2017-06-15
  8. "My time so far at kayako"

Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Kayako

Pros

Great environment, Flexible working hours, Great bunch of people. This is definitely the best company i have worked for.

Cons

Too many sweets in the office

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in great people

Kayako2017-06-14
  9. "Great Place to work"

Account Executive in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako

Pros

One of the few companies out there to have a Download solution available in the Helpdesk Space. Big up's to senior management.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of at this time.

Kayako2017-01-10
  10. "Authentic company culture true to founders' values"

in London, England

I have been working at Kayako for more than 10 years

Pros

The Kayako founders lead by example and are true to their values. I appreciate the company transparency and the empowerment that gives us the most. I don't expect to ever work for a more transparent company again.

Cons

It would be cool if the office was more of a home and more vibrant

Advice to Management

Sometimes the transparency asks more questions than it answers, would be good to have a forum for them more regularly

Kayako2016-12-19