Kayako "flexible working hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kayako Employee Reviews about "flexible working hours"

Updated Apr 22, 2018

4.2
Kayako CEO Andy Tryba  (no image)
Andy Tryba
Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home if required(in 11 reviews)

• "(in 7 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "flexible working hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Kayako full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, flexible working hours

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Kayako2018-04-22

"I accumulated huge amounts of knowledge through this company."

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

* Friendly/Mentor CEO * Open communication. * Flexible timings. Flexibility to work from home if required. * Food, outings * Mac machines * Deployment is well guarded by test cases at different levels.

Cons

* You can make or break yourself. If you're just working like everyday programmer and fear to take up challenges or make mistakes then you may feel like rotting. * Process can slow you down until you get used to them. But in the end you will find an improved programmer in you.

Advice to Management

Continue being strategic and keep the channels of communication open like you guys have been doing always....

Kayako2017-07-03
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Positive experience overall"

I worked at Kayako full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work at if you're are a motivated, self-sufficient, self-managed contributor who doesn't need much hand holding. If offers flexible working in truest sense, great benefits and perks, decent compensation, opportunities to learn and grow. The team is smart, mature, friendly and helpful. Everyone is keen to do their best work and help company succeed. The product, while it had some issues in... the past and some may be ongoing, is also good.

Cons

Occasionally, things get bottlenecked or delayed but on other occasions, the lean approach means things can get actioned very fast. There's room for improvement for sure but (first time) founders are usually transparent when mistaken are made on their part. There's no clear career map and sometime line managers are also learning on the job.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting your people - there's a reason you hired them in the first place!

Kayako2017-06-19
  5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Kayako full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked with Kayako for around 6 years and it was a great journey. I absolutely loved working there! They really know how to keep a great work life balance and treat their employees really well! I think most of IT company need quantity work, but in this company always need quality work and it’s can help for growth and learn. The CEO is highly Loveable and Motivated which brings lot of positive energy in the... team. Great Work culture, Best of talented colleagues, Flexible working hours, sponsored meals, unlimited PTO, unlimited work from home, amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management. I always felt as a company family member not an employee. If you want to work on challenging and interesting things, then Kayako is the best place for you. Working in Kayako is way interesting than working in other places. You will find a lot of freedom and a great work culture. The culture is full of great people who bring lots of energy to the floor. Great product and decent office perks. They make sure that you are equipped with required thing. Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. You have full flexibility to work on new technologies like EmberJS and NodeJS. Great mentors in the company to give a proper guidance in career progression. Here are some key benefits I would like to mention. Work freedom Unlimited Paid Time Off Unlimited Work From Home Very good salaries Amazing benefits, competitive pay, collaborative work environment, supportive management Last but not least, free meals. You don't need to carry your boring lunch box with you :) At the end, I would like to say Thanks to Kayako for helping me to grow professionally.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of !

Advice to Management

Keep the good work up!

Kayako2017-06-15
  6. "My time so far at kayako"

Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Kayako

Pros

Great environment, Flexible working hours, Great bunch of people. This is definitely the best company i have worked for.

Cons

Too many sweets in the office

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in great people

Kayako2017-06-14
  7. "Brilliant place to work"

Current Contractor - Lead Developer in London, England

I have been working at Kayako for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, great attitude towards staff, flexible working hours, senior staff are open and honest, relatively flat company structure means you aren't isolated from key decisions. The CEO is very open to feedback, issues are resolved calmly and patiently and you can actually make quite significant changes to process / the products if you can argue your point well. Usual startup perks but in an established... profitable company. Surprisingly few legacy issues to deal with.

Cons

Generally working on the same project (though this isn't necessarily a bad thing.) International offices have some of the usual issues with time differences. The roof terrace isn't always sunny, occasionally they run out of coconut water.

Advice to Management

Hire more specialists so you can focus more on leadership and less on details. Hire more UX people specialists to catch issues earlier in the process.

Kayako2015-07-21
  8. "England; 6 month contract javascript developer"

Current Contractor - Front End Javascript Developer in London, England

I have been working at Kayako for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, interesting technology and a relatively free reign to get the job done in the way that you feel is best. Equipment provided and the UK office space is lovely. CEO and high management always have time for questions/complaints and move quickly to resolve things when I stamp my foot!

Cons

There is no coffee machine... In a tech company! Apple Mac is forced upon us too. No idea what happened to free software/hardware in the tech industry.

Advice to Management

Buy a coffee machine. Replace the macs with nice Linux machines. Excluding that, keep doing what you're doing

Kayako2015-07-21