Kaye/Bassman Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kaye/Bassman President & CEO Jeff Kaye
Jeff Kaye

1. "Made me who I am today!"

Former Employee - Search Consultant in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Search Consultant in Frisco, TX

I worked at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. Best sales training, whether you stay at KBIC forever, or move on somewhere else, this is the place to learn learn learn and apply in all areas of your life.
    2. When they say best place to work, this is what they mean. great people, great culture, leadership is there to help you, awards trips cannot be beaten!
    3. There is no limit here, in fact you are encouraged to push the boundaries and help take the company to the next level.

Cons

1. I hate to sound so cheesy, but its a hard place to leave. Even if you career takes you somewhere else you will miss the people and the fun working environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you were doing when I was there. Bring in young "kids" like me and teach them work ethic, how to sell and how to build a business within a business. Thank you for making me who i am today, and i hope you keep doing that for others!

2. "Top Executive Search Firm"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. You're surrounded by hardworking, charismatic, and talented search professionals who are looking to change the lives of those around them.

Cons

High turnover. During my time here, I have seen several people quit or get fired. It takes an incredible amount of drive, commitment, and hard work to become successful. Most aren't willing to make those sacrifices.

3. "Make a difference in the lives of others"

Current Employee - Partner in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Partner in Plano, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What started off as a "job" has blossomed into a 20+ year career. I get to wake up each and every day and make a positive difference in the lives of others. It's like being Santa Claus and presenting the gift of career enhancing opportunities to great people, and delivering those people to growing companies!

Cons

Our profession is sales. If you are not comfortable selling, then this isn't the place for you. Guess what though? YOU get pick what companies you sell your service to, and what candidates you "sell" on why they should work with Kaye/Bassman and you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing fabulous things! I really love that our management team is constantly striving to beat our own best!

4. "Home away from Home"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Short story: New to the US, no work experience in the US, prior 6 months recruiting experience outside of the US, found a Project Management position at Kaye/Bassman and never looked back.
    Kaye/bassman is very welcoming of all people, no discrimination. Very friendly and open environment. Hardwork/dedication is appreciated. Constant encouragement provided. Rigorous training program implemented to equip you with the right skill set. Micromanaged in the training period to cultivate the right habits to ensure success. Hard work is truly rewarded. Autonomy given by bosses/partners, help is provided when you ask for it, they are always there to guide you. If you work honestly and give it your 100% nothing can stop you from moving up.

Cons

Experiences differ from one practice to another. The kind of partners you have will really make the difference of how you like your time here at Kaye/bassman.
    Training period is very rigorous, not a true representation of what recruiting life is like which may overwhelm people. No sick days, very little time off. Need to have more compensation plans for people to choose from. Some bonus/increment plan at the end of the if targets are met.

Advice to Management

Trainees should be reminded from time to time that life of a recruiter is not as hard as it seems in training, life at Kbic is also fun and rewarding, not all about phone time!

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With this company you will experience - No restriction on growth opportunity, No compensation restrictions and Excellent work/life balance. There is a structured training program that you go through that coaches you the fundamentals of recruiting.

Cons

Hard work will pay off, with that said you will need to maintain the 3.5-4hrs and 75 presentations weekly to see the results. The results will take anywhere from 6-12 months. If you want immediate success this is not the place but if you want long term success that is paid off with the work you put in, this is the place.

Advice to Management

Bring back the energy room for individuals starting off in training.

6. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time

Pros

Incentive based trips, autonomous environment, and can be a lucrative role.

Cons

Very micromanaged, your work never stays at the office, and you're expected to hit unrealistic goals

Advice to Management

Be in the office more often so project staff have the ability to learn more and ask questions when a challenge arises

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They give you the tools to be successful and great training material through Next Level Exchange

Cons

Work/Life balance can be an issue, so planning your day is something you have to be able to manage. 3.5-4 hours is required on the phone before you can start planning for the next day.

8. "It is all true..."

Current Employee - Practice Leader in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Practice Leader in Plano, TX

Pros

Entrepreneurship is expected, and definitely supported. Incredible value placed on people who work here. KBIC daily demonstrates it's commitment to being the elite in the industry. After less than a year, I know I have found all of the elements I need, for the rest of my career to be limitless.

Cons

My commute is 26 miles, but worth it!

Advice to Management

Don't change ANYTHING!

9. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Kaye/Bassman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing training. I have recruited at a couple of other firms prior to here and training at Kaye/Bassman is leagues above anyone else out there. I felt like they invested a lot of time in me and were really trying to give me everything I needed to be successful. I also like the mindset of those around me. The people who are successful here are some of the most impressive people I have ever met.

Cons

Work life balance in the first 6 months to a year will be a little off but you get out of it what you put into it and you just need to be patient enough to see your hard work pay off. This is a career, not just a job. If you're just looking for a paycheck, then it may not be the right fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Good training...good place to start"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kaye/Bassman full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training is fantastic. Sink or swim and hands on accountability... but it teaches you better than most any other firm Ive seen. work the formula and it works. Not glamourous.. but works.

Cons

Culture.... haves and have nots... boiler room, wolf of wall street... if you're leader sucks... your career will suck. The team you get on matters. - Comp.. chargebacks, etc. are outrageous.

Advice to Management

the training is fantastic and sets the basics, blocking and tackling for a search career but not the place for a long term career.