Ke'Aki Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Corporate Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Ke'Aki Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, nice people, love the hawaiian culture and the work is rewarding. Company cares about its employees and the customer's mission. Growth and career advancement opportunities a plus

Cons

lack of telework is a real bummer

Advice to Management

telework!

2. "Overpromise & underdeliver"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orlando, FL
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Ke'Aki Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Company pays corporate employees relatively well, very casual dress code, ability to set your own schedule. Benefits are average with eligibility from day 1, however they do have an EXCELLENT employee development plan (tuition reimbursement, society memberships, etc.). Free soft drinks, snacks, company buys lunch for employees at least once per month.

Cons

Weak leadership at most levels. Work from home is not allowed. HORRIBLE work life balance, in part due to the flexible scheduling, people get assignments in late causing others to stay late. In over 6 months, I had to work late and work weekends numerous times due to others not getting assignments completed by deadlines. While pay for corporate employees get paid decent, company consistently low bids contracts and as a result people working on assignment/contract are paid below market value. Also, there seem to be a lot of VP's and directors for a small company.

Advice to Management

Establish a good work from home policy- the majority of jobs can telecommute and increase productivity. Free animal crackers and soda is great, but does not make up for lost family time.

3. "My Ke'aki"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Kaneohe, HI
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Kaneohe, HI

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for and the best staff from the CEO to the contractors we were treated equal.

Cons

Wish I would have stayed on longer, but it was just a 4 month contract.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good morale.......

"Sr. Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice company. Manager was professional. Company was concerned about the customer.

Cons

Small. Little room for upward or professional advancement. Was limited to the immediate customer/contract.

Advice to Management

Find more opportunities. Growth would resolve most of the issues.

"Ok place"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Ke'Aki Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They get good government contracts so you get to work in interesting places

Cons

poor communication, benefits are not great compared to other government contracting agencies in the area, pay increases are minimal even when you work tons of overtime (and don't get paid since you are salaried)

Advice to Management

Look into better benefits and pay!

"Awesome Environment"

Former Employee - Intern in Casselberry, FL
    Former Employee - Intern in Casselberry, FL

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back and supportive. The staff there will take time to help and educate the interns.

Cons

Some office drama, no more than any other company. If you do your job and remember why your there then it shouldn't be a problem.

"Good leadership is invisible"

Former Contractor - Research Tech in Frederick, MD
    Former Contractor - Research Tech in Frederick, MD

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a gov't contractor they hold some good jobs in the research field. The 'visible' HR representatives very much want to see you succeed in your tenure with them. HR is vocal that if an employer wishes to give the contractor an award that HR will support that decision.

Cons

Not enough face-to-face employees to take care of all of the contractor's needs, so your paperwork, etc will get lost, your e-mails will get ignored and you will be told that they thought someone else was handling your issue. They will hold onto pay raises for months to almost a year before giving it to you (all of my fellow co-workers), and if you leave the company before they give it to you they will tell you you are not getting the money they owe you. This is also applicable to when employers nominate contractor for awards; you get an IOU. If you make a complaint to HR, HR will tell the person/group what you complained about AND they will tell them the name of the person who complained and exactly what was said or show them the e-mail. HR will leave your files out on their desks, not in a locked room, where other employees can see them, showing: your social, etc. right there on paperwork/files left out. Pay is not fair. When my co-worker and I were leaving the company we discussed salary and I, even though I was a lower pay grade than my co-worker and we both had similar experience, made more money than my co-worker did. They will change insurance companies every year to two years, they say to get the best pricing, so don't get too cosy with your doctors. You have to write your own yearly review, so there's no real way to get good feedback from your managers. Because a gov't contractor the federal bosses do not know how much money their contracted employees make, so it's no surprise that you hear that the contracting company receives up to 10% increase in fee to pay for their contract employees yearly as per their contract with the gov't, but the employee itself maybe gets 1-3%. Most of the HR personnel are located in Florida or Hawaii, which is not helpful when the contractors are in Maryland, and, I'm told, many of the company are ex OPM.

Advice to Management

I think, without actually knowing, that upper management leaves the contractors' 'representative HR' personnel out of the loop often, forcing the HR personnel to make up lies to placate the contractors. I think that there is too much work distributed to too few HR personnel and less than adequate company face is presented to the contractors. I think there is too little accountability with HR behaviour.

"Good small company"

Former Employee - Information Security Specialist in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Information Security Specialist in Frederick, MD

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits of working for a small company rather than just being a number within a large company.
    Flexibility. Greeting everyone above you by first name. With smaller companies, everyone really does know everyone.

Cons

Health benefits, when compared to a larger company. But that goes for any smaller company. Otherwise there are absolutely no cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Management knows what they are doing - improvement comes with time.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Gordon, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Gordon, GA

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company had some great managers who engaged customers and developers to create good, workable solutions.

Cons

Those managers left, from the top of the organization on down, and now the managers left are grossly imcompotent or just "yes men" to the customer.

Advice to Management

Do everyone a favor and leave.

"Manger"

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ke'Aki Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to work on my own, no stress from owners.

Cons

Late hours, bad guest, no room for promotion.

Advice to Management

Better raters.