Keap Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.6
Keap Co-Founder & CEO Clate Mask
Clate Mask
Pros
  • "The purpose "We help small businesses succeed" isn't just a tag line(in 70 reviews)

• "100M in revenue with a mission to help small businesses succeed(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Core values are used against employees who have fallen out of favor with their current manager for whatever reason (or no reason at all)(in 17 reviews)

• "The company is experiencing extreme growing pains right now(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Honestly the best company I've ever worked for, full stop.

Apr 23, 2021 - Customer Support Representative II in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Keap feels to me like a very "Google"-esque company in the best ways. It feels super hipster-y and has all the benefits of a decently sized tech company without the negative aspects (not a soul-sucking multi-billion dollar conglomerate). I have worked here for four years and I feel comfortable being honest and open with my bosses and coworkers and truly feel they care about me. The pay is pretty great, and my coworkers are VERY accepting of LGBTQ+ people and lovely. I would have a beer with 99% of my coworkers, and I actually have. Oh, and pre-pandemic there was free fresh cold brew daily, a gas station-esque food station (you have to pay with your own money, but it was decently priced), free milk, free cereal, free wifi, and there are two Pokestops and a Pokemon Gym. Yes, that is a perk. Yes, we have employees who play daily and sit at their phones in their free time and tap like a madman. Yes, it is fantastic.

Cons

I wish I had a more consistent schedule. I have to do a shift bid every six months, and sometimes I don't get the shift I want if my performance isn't up to snuff. I do also miss the foam blocks near the theatre, and Stanley the Balloon Dog. The racial diversity was not that great when I joined years ago, but ever since Black Lives Matter happened, I have noticed a greater effort to higher more BIPOC and other minorities, and I think that's pretty awesome.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Says one thing, does another.

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility. nice co workers. good direct boss.

Cons

just last month, Keap announced "All In" giving employees two options. Either go into a slack channel and say you're "All In" or leave the company with a severance. This felt very cult like. The CEO addressed we were going to focus on the "Small business entrepreneur" I thought that was what Keap was doing from the very start? Very misleading. Keap, as a company is easily distracted by the money. There is an EXTREME push to get the company as profitable as we can in the next 3 years or so - along with this is a complete disregard for what is right and wrong. We claim to be about small business however, I know that we have abusive companies on our network that we turn the other cheek for and deal with the consequences for all our users because they companies "pay us a lot of money". That is not sustainable nor is it fair to our target customers. It makes it very easy for our sales team to ask for forgiveness than permission. The company doesn't seem to align with why this is important. It's a constant battle. The rules do not apply to those that are on a silver platter. If you have ethics and believe in truly supporting small business, this company only care about those that pay us money. We turn our cheek to unsolicited and spam mail sent by these powerhouses.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

6 years in and still ALL IN

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Development Manager in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture. The people at Keap are top notch. We have fun, we work hard and we rae passionate about what we do and the entrepreneurs that we serve. - Great incentives for the entire company. We often have contests, monthly awards for those who are nominated, and so much more. - 100% CEO approved. He has an open door policy and takes time out of his day to listen to us and really hear us out. He is passionate about our purpose, values and mission and spreads his passion to the rest of us. He is a CEO who truly cares. - Everyone's voice matters. It doesn't matter if you are an individual contributor or top level executive, everyone is encouraged to have a voice and share our ideas. - Leaders who COACH us. We are constantly coached on how we can refine our communication, show up better in meetings and how to strengthen our skills to make us better for whatever our careers hold. - Open, honest, REAL and transparent communication. It's refreshing

Cons

The only cons I have experienced at Keap is having worked alongside people who were not bought into our purpose, values and mission. Luckily, those weed themselves out quickly.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Toxic culture and terrible leadership

Apr 28, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some coworkers are great to work and socialize with.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company has a track record of attracting managers in the success department that have been insecure and incompetent with big egos who do not follow the company values. Management focus is on micromanaging employees. They sweat over the small stuff that does not matter and has no impact on the business, and are extremely petty and unprofessional. The stress, pressure, and time spent daily on focusing on number of dials per day, total talk time, being in available status to take calls in the call queue, and working assigned tickets is ridiculous. They don't actually focus on your goal attainment, which is what actually matters and what you get bonused on, or how great you are at your job aka your actual competency. It is beyond bizarre. Since the book sizes are too large to manage, you focus on putting out fires all day long from the loudest customers instead of evaluating all the work that needs to be done and prioritizing the work based on client revenue size and the importance of the work itself to either reduce churn risk or expand accounts. Fellow coworkers have been written up for the most silly things. New management is promising but this negative, untrusting, micromanagement culture has been the trend for years and will likely continue since it is so ingrained in the department.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good company

Apr 27, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

We hire smart people and have a product that is getting good at what it delivers.

Cons

Overly reliant on using the word 'culture' suggesting we excel in that area when we are average compared to companies that truly give back to the community and employees.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Truly cares about their employees and customers

Apr 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work life, remote work, time off, culture, employees

Cons

For me in my role, nothing.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 14, 2021 - Senior User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture here is amazing and probably the best that I've ever worked for in the past.

Cons

They closed their Utah office.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Apr 6, 2021 - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting problems to solve Good level of autonomy Largely remote

Cons

There’s some creeping tech debt but it seems to be improving

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Environment, great company culture

Mar 15, 2021 - Customer Support Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed the company culture and everybody I worked with was fun and motivated.

Cons

Ultimately it was difficult to find opportunities to grow at the company despite consistently being the top performer in the department.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Mar 4, 2021 - Small Business Consultant in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of pros. Stock options, competitve salary and commission structure, company has been around for 20 years and still has a great product that helps solve small business problems. They generally care about helping small businesses.

Cons

Benefits could be better. Small company match on 401K and medical plan could be better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 288 Reviews