Cover image for Kearney

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Kearney Employee Reviews about "steep learning curve"

Updated Nov 10, 2021

Found 3 of over 2K reviews

4.3
Kearney Managing Partner and Chairman Alex Liu
Alex Liu

What people are saying about Kearney

Join the conversation on

Consulting

435.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Kearney~13437
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Kearney? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Kearney employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "most people are great) + opportunity to work on intellectually stimulating business challenges with some of the best minds around(in 226 reviews)
  • "Culture is great and fun!(in 155 reviews)
  • "Great peers and colleagues(in 82 reviews)
  • "Good Salary and Mega Projects(in 50 reviews)
  • "Good pay compared to MBB(in 29 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kearney and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "steep learning curve"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best in class Strategy consulting company

Oct 3, 2017 - Associate Consultant in Paris
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment, great people to work with, very interesting jobs and steep learning curve. The salary is also good.

Cons

Work life balance is very bad. It gets to the point where your health gets badly impacted. Working hours are ridiculous on some assignments even though company has been trying to improve this point.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Steep learning curve and friendly atmosphere

Sep 26, 2017 - Business Analyst in Warsaw, Masovia
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of responsibility given from Day 1, you are expected to take ownership of selected project workstream and its content, build relationship with the client, thus the learning curve is very steep - Exposure to senior management / board members of the client from the beginning - Friendly atmosphere, the number of employees is quite small so you can get to know well everyone from Juniors to Partner - Working in a team of smart and ambitious people - Salary is very satisfactory (like in management consulting in general)

Cons

- Work-life balance (like in management consulting in general), you never know if you're gonna work 9 or 16+ hours - At times the way of working is chaotic and internal communication/processes poor

Continue reading
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Steep learning curve

Jun 7, 2021 - Internship in Zürich
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, steep learning curve

Cons

Long working hours, dry subject matter

Be the first to find this review helpful

Work at Kearney? Share Your Experiences

Kearney logo

Kearney Careers

Cover image for Kearney

Culture and Values Over the years we’ve fostered a culture in which we are united by shared values—boldness, solidarity, passion,...More

• Diversity
  • Development
  • Awards
  • FAQ

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

57 days ago

Culture
Kearney hosted our annual PROUD Accelerator in the Kearney PERLab and Chicago office headquarters. This two-day event allows LGBTQ+ students to practice casing and network with our #consultants as they prepare for the upcoming interviews. Thank you to everyone who attended!
Shared image

87 days ago

Culture
We are happy to share that our Partner Anna Kraft has been recognized as a Seramount 2022 Working Parent of the Year! Throughout her tenure at Kearney, Anna has paved her own path to prioritize her family, while growing her career: "When I thought I was going to have to quit consulting, a mentor told me It wasn't time to find a new job elsewhere, but a new job at Kearney...There was a plethora of opportunities available to me that allowed me to both put my family first and continue to advance professionally." Congratulations, Anna!
Shared image

Kearney Photos

+ Add Photo
Kearney photo of: Düsseldorf office
Kearney photo of: Alex summarized his first 100 days in office and chatted with all
Kearney photo of: Q&amp;A with MP Alex Liu in our beautiful new London office with views all over the Thames
Kearney photo of: The A.T. Kearney team at the Executive Luncheon
Kearney photo of: The winning team of Global Innovator Day (GID) was crowned in Amsterdam for its outstanding work on 'unlocking enterprise value through design'.
Kearney photo of: Fresh food from all over the world is served
Kearney photo of: The Potluck tradition in Chicago continues to grow.

Expert Career Advice

McKinsey & Company

4.4

9,069 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,910 Kearney reviews submitted anonymously by Kearney employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Kearney is right for you.