Keiser University Faculty Reviews | Glassdoor

Faculty

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Arthur Keiser

Pros
  • Most of the staff and faculty are great to talk to (in 7 reviews)

• The Pay is good for what you do, but could be more (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • limited room for growth within the company (in 6 reviews)

• Long hours 0 work life balance, no growth, management outdated in just about everything (in 6 reviews)

1. "Adjunct Faculty - Night class"

Current Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Orlando, FL
    Current Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Keiser University as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good support from administration and willingness to allow faculty to incorporate information not found in assigned textbooks.

Cons

A bit lax on follow-up with faculty on future plans.

2. "Sound place to work at"

Current Employee - Faculty in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Military friendly, workload is acceptable.

Cons

Parking spots are too small

"Just ok"

Current Employee - Faculty in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Keiser University (More than 5 years)

Pros

experience and if you have a good president and program director and co-faculty, you are lucky

Cons

Too expensive for students and too controlling for faculty. Salary not near enough. Don't get me started on that mandatory yearly farce called Convocation

Advice to Management

Pay more, STOP the stupid clocking in for salary personnel and get rid of Convocation-waste of time and money. Spend the money upgrading your campuses for students

"Very Happy Here"

Current Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(1) flexible scheduling for faculty--you must work a set number of hours but aside from class time how you put those in is pretty much up to you (2) 4 weeks paid vacation plus five pto days for full time faculty (scheduling must be during semester breaks and with permission of admin. During other times) (3) employer matches 4 percent on 401(k) contributions (4) variety of insurance plans to choose from (5) supportive work environment (it must vary from campus to campus because I work in Sarasota and I do not recognize the work environment described in some of the other reviews. ) (6) because of the small campus size you become very familiar with individual students and what learning styles are best for them. (7)most of our students have overcome a lot of obstacles to be here and when they successfully complete a class or a program and obtain employment in their field you feel really good about being a part of making that happen!

Cons

(1) the media has a hard-on for Keiser. Much of it is unjustified, at least on the campus where I work, and it unfairly hurts the public perception of what we do. The bottom line is we are accredited and we wouldn't be if we did any of the things we are accused of in the press.2) while we strive to make a college degree accessible to non-traditional students, the cost of coming here can make that impossible. (3) there are malcontents in every workplace. If your goal is to make a lot of money, achieve recognition, or be treated like a special snowflake, this is not the workplace for you. You are there to serve the students, not yourself. (4) opportunities to move up the ladder are limited because most faculty and admin stay here long term and there are few full time openings. (5) lots of paperwork required in order to keep accreditation--much of it redundant. Takes the focus away from interacting with our students which is what we should be doing instead.

Advice to Management

Continue leading by example. I have learned a lot from them about professionalism and accessibility.

"2 stars"

Current Employee - Faculty
    Current Employee - Faculty

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

They do not value their employees. Morale is terrible. Most instructors are kept in constant fear of losing their job.

"Employment"

Former Employee - Faculty in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Faculty in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Keiser University (Less than a year)

Pros

Student first philosophy. Majority of the employees are very passionate and care about their students.

Cons

Management is very distant from faculty and staff. Employees work so hard and not appreciated. They work you to death.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They do care and you are losing good people who cares and believes in your mission

8. "Graphic deign Program Coordinator / Professor"

Current Employee - Lead Faculty/Program Coordinator in Odessa, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Faculty/Program Coordinator in Odessa, FL

I have been working at Keiser University (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment, friendly staff

Cons

limited room for growth within the company

9. "To help students become successful in the field."

Current Employee - Faculty in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits, time off, and the constant learning and challenges.

Cons

The rules constantly change and sometines thw morale is a bit low.

Advice to Management

Try to help encourage faculty.

"Each campus is different"

Current Employee - Faculty in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Faculty are upbeat, positive and professional. They do care about the students. Salaries are very good.

Cons

President with an open door philosophy who's door is always closed. Nothing gets done on the campus without the approval of the campus president. Upper and middle management are hostile, bullying,belittling and totally ineffective. The president doesn't want to remove ineffectual managers as it would be embarrassing. I should have guessed that there were going to be problems when they couldn't decide what job I was applying for!

Advice to Management

Need effective new employee training. Pinch the pennies on trivial things that cost employee time and then there is strong pressure to produce quickly without effective training. It is a losing situation. Most Faculty remain because they need the employment and they are dedicated to the students.

"Depends on the campus..."

Former Employee - Faculty
    Former Employee - Faculty

I worked at Keiser University full-time

Pros

They do care about the students. Additionally you have academic freedom (within reason) to teach your classes the way you feel the students will best comprehend the material.

Cons

You sometimes feel "owned". This comes to the degree that most salaried individuals often feel "owned". But at my campus, you were expected to do whatever was asked regardless. Additional pressure was placed on single employees without children while married employees with children were given preference to opt out of extra-curricular activities.

Advice to Management

Some campus presidents could use a refresher in human resources and what constitutes harassment.