Keiser University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Arthur Keiser

Pros
  • Co-workers are great; pay is good; insurance is good if you're single; (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits medical / dental / life / (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • limited room for growth within the company (in 8 reviews)

• There is a lot of favoritism, which can cause people not to be able to have a work life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. "Radiology Director"

Current Employee - Radiology Director in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Radiology Director in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Experience with Keiser University

Cons

Can not really say there are any Cons at this time.

"Nice coworkers, typical management"

Former Employee - Admissions in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most coworkers are friendly. Decent benefits that are paid in full after 3 years of employment which is rare today! Armed security upon entry. Overtime is NOT an issue here, work until you drop if you so desire.

Cons

Management has obvious favorites. Long hours. Building is old and very cold. No employee kitchen/break room. Bathrooms can get pretty disgusting.

Advice to Management

If you're going to have favorites try to make it less obvious. Try to understand not everyone wants to spend every waking hour at work and would like to spend time with their families.

3. "Post Employment Review of Keiser University"

Former Employee - Adjunct Psychiatric Nursing, Medical Nursing Instructor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University (More than a year)

Pros

Current Dean was very supportive of faculty and proactive in managing issues and promoting development of curriculum.

Cons

Many changes happening as college transitioned at this location from previous college to Keiser.

Advice to Management

I have lost contact as I moved out of the area. I am hoping conditions improved especially focus on student goals and preparation for their careers.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regionally accredited - IF the student graduates they at least have a piece of paper worth something.

Cons

Admissions is run like a high pressure call center. You must call at least 80-100 people a day. It doesn't matter if the people in the past have said they're not interested because they might change their mind. What you learn at training is not what is practiced. The official phrase is "policy vs practice." The deans don't like to deal with students. Students are constantly dropping out and admissions make bets on how long they will last when they enroll them. Their phrase is students first, but it's really about the numbers and how many you can enroll. There is a lot of competition between the different campuses. It is a big deal when another campus "steals students" and there is no teamwork.

Advice to Management

Start treating it like one University. There should be cooperation between the campuses instead of everyone focused on their own measurements. Start attracting students who will be successful and stop enrolling anyone with $55 to meet the start numbers.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Overtime was available year round.

Cons

** I am only writing this so someone in management can read it and hopefully improve the culture at Keiser.
    -Admissions counselors are only allowed to take PTO certain weekends of the month. Sometimes you are scheduled to work the one or two weekends where you could have requested time off. No work life balance. Only five days of PTO per year.
    -Management is terrible. They don't make as many phone calls at the admissions counselors. One of the senior admissions counselors was extremely sexist (I will spare you the examples). He would come in early before everyone else and sort through the leads so he could get the easy appointments or walk in leads. The senior admissions counselor thought he was the mobster of Keiser. Other counselors would say "Oh you don't want to get on his bad side". He also had a filthy mouth and complained about the smell of the admissions counselor lunches. He just wasn't used to healthy smelling food. He would constantly bully admissions counselors and had a problem when admissions counselors would speak with a student that was assigned to him, even thought he made zero effort in contacting the student.
    -The counselors have filthy mouths. One counselor said she would announce to the whole office when someone defecated on the first floor bathroom.
    -The office has a huge race problem. They don't like "vanilla".
    -One counselor told me I am "lucky" to have such a "great job" at my age. They don't like young people.
    -I worked seven holidays in a row, this was a "gift" from the director because during the holidays no one is working and I would be able to get lots of "inquiries"
    -The school has such terrible reviews online that students would bring up the reviews during their interview, making it hard to convince them it was a good school.
    - Admissions counselors are expected to work two Saturdays a month, stay until 8:00 for orientation, and arrive at 7:30 AM for start days. Despite these hours and mandatory overtime, management has a problem when admissions counselors adjust their schedule by 15 minutes.
    -The office is dated, and often has flies back there. It is always hot in the office.
     -The computer equipment and headsets is dated. The computers are always slow.
    -The instructors view admissions counselors as sleazy sales people. Instructors are always asking what students are signing up for their class/program.
    -Not a team environment, everyone gossips about everyone else. Mean jokes about managers.
    -The Senior admissions counselor was in charge of PTO, if he felt you weren't "performing", he would advise not to take PTO because it would "hurt" you.
    -Everyone wants to get promoted. Too many captains and not enough sailors.
    -President is clueless about what goes on in the admissions office.
    -Counselors would fight over inquiries and the directors did not want to get involved, like hello that their job.
    -Last, but probably most important, the director was never in the office. She would leave the building for hours at a time and constantly take days off. The team questioned if she was resigning because she was absent so much. She spent more time in the offices of other departments than she would with her own team. It was ironic she would say something about me being 5-6 minutes late, when she wouldn't come in until 11:30 AM sometimes! She was never in her office when her team needed her. I was "talked to" about tweaking my schedule, yet management is not on any time of schedule. It is a joke.
    -The whole school seems like a joke, I would never recommend this place to a friend.
    -I am glad I left when I did, I wish I left sooner. The sad part, is I didn't mind the job, it was the people and the management that chased me away. I enjoyed meeting with students. I didn't enjoy the nasty gossip, cliques, and nasty attitudes of management.

Advice to Management

Your employees have earned their PTO, let them use it! Create a team environment. Know whats going on in the admissions office, at least act like you care. Build a better reputation. Don't make your employees feel disposable. Quit playing favorites. Just because you have worked there for 10-13 years doesn't mean you don't have to show up for work.

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Admissions dept is like family. Co workers are very nice and supervisors as well.
    Free Health Insurance after 3 years
    Reputable school with many degree programs
    Tuition reimbursement after a year
    Fridays are short days 10-5pm

Cons

Low pay
    very little PTO Days as a new hire (sick days and PTO days are in one bank) only 5 days your first year.
    Work 2 Saturdays a month
    Work til 8pm 2 times a week
    Dialing to leads from previous years
    No room for growth

7. "So-so"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teachers to work with.

Cons

Your voice is not heard.

Advice to Management

Work as a team, involve your staff.

"Manager and campus president were the reason why I stayed for almost 4 years"

Former Employee - CRC in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - CRC in Tampa, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are in this position (& depending on your manager/campus president) then you will be happier than most who work at this university because you will be "out in the field" conducting presentations at local high schools. You have flexible hours compared to the admissions counselors, however, you need to be ok with working really early in the morning to get to your high school by 7 or 7:30.

After 3 years of employment your health insurance is fully covered.

Cons

There is some negative perception of Keiser (rightfully so b/c of how some things were done in years past) and so that can make it harder to work with your local high schools. They may not want you to speak with their students.

You only get 5 PTO days the first year. It doesn't matter if you are sick, have something personal to take care of, or want to take vacation...they are all in the category--PTO. When you stay beyond a year it goes up, however, if you don't use those days you loose them.

Advice to Management

If you want to be taken more seriously as a Private, Not for Profit University...act like it. Conduct your "business" as an educational institution like other schools in that same category--ICUF.

"All Work and No Play"

Former Employee - Financial Aid Officer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Officer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of over-time available. The Associate directors for Financial Aid are extremely helpful when it comes to getting students through the process.

Cons

The process for admission and financial aid is extremely rushed and there are a lot of road blocks when student end up enrolling for classes but haven't completed the financial aid process. The work load is heavy and there isn't much time to get things done.

I was hired for a position but was then put in an administrative role (not the hired position) for 8 months without proper training.

"Money is okay, but the environment is toxic"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is comparable to other organizations

Cons

Very toxic work environment, dysfunctional and it all starts with upper management. Fort Myers campus President is the root of all the problems. She lacks leadership and management skills. Coworkers who are full of drama and cause problems are always rewarded.

Advice to Management

This campus needs to clean house and it starts with the management first!