Keiser University Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2020

2.8
Keiser University Chancellor Arthur Keiser (no image)
Arthur Keiser
Pros
  • "Co-workers become like family; Good benefits; Management that listens; Team spirit between departments(in 15 reviews)

• "Co-workers are great; pay is good; insurance is good if you're single;(in 12 reviews)

1. "Great benefits"

Current Employee - Instructor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff with great opportunities for growth

Cons

low salary could be better

2. "Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Mathematics Professor in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Keiser University takes pride in student success and retention. There is constant communication between management, faculty, and students. Great majors offered with experienced professionals to teach them.

Cons

Many students usually have been out of school for a while, so remediation can be difficult.

3. "Mismatched position"

Former Employee - Assistant Librarian in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are generally very friendly.

Cons

My exceptional skills were undermined by my supervisor

"Bureaucratic Nightmare!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Faculty

I worked at Keiser University full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and students, decent salary.

Cons

This company is a shining example of why extreme centralization never works. Over 20 campuses controlled by an out of touch main campus in Fort Lauderdale that makes and enforces policies that do not make any sense for some of the other campuses. The administration puts more emphasis on complying with the central campus policies than they do on actually teaching. I have seen horrible teachers stay on for years since they are in compliance with company policies while some of the students’ favorite teachers quit out of frustration for constantly being harassed about turning in paperwork or making their 40 hours a week. The faculty is expected to clock in and out every day despite being salaried employees. When I was hired I was told that this was a mere formality and as long as you do your work it will be fine…this was a blatant lie, people get angry emails for being 1-2 hours short on a 80 hour pay periods. This whole system is ineffective since it can be very difficult to work in the overcrowded and noisy offices we were provided so most people have to end up working from home afterwards anyway. Paper work here is a nightmare also. I do not mind paper work, when it actually matters. We however have weekly paper work to do that everyone, including the deans know that no one will ever read. But god forbid you are a day late in turning this paper work in...you will be hounded like the company’s very existence depends on it being added to the mountain of trash they collect. Overall I’d say the biggest problem is that the administration has no trust in the faculty. They do not trust that we will do our work unless we are clocked in and micromanaged constantly. In addition this school is extremely unorganized, they change policies weekly, classes are often reorganized a week after the semester starts and students are constantly being signed up for multiple classes that run at the same time. The record for this in my experience was a student that was booked for 3 classes in the same 2 hour time slot. If you can handle complete chaos and no respect this company is the place for you!

5. "Not Recommended"

Current Employee - Instructor, College Or University

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people, some flexibility, good commute

Cons

tyrannical dictatorship, micromanagement, no work/life balance, abusive, and hostile

6. "Sarasota Campus Has Great Coworkers. Starts at the top!!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than a year

Pros

The integrity of co workers and management. Mission Statement and treatment of students.

Cons

None worth mentioning. No employer is perfect.

7. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Instructor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very short, accelerated courses. Great culture and climate. Everyone is super friendly.

Cons

The instructor positions are salaried, but you have to clock in and out as if you were a factory worker to monitor your 40 hours per week.

"Non profit only in name. How the General Attorney does not investigate? $$$$"

Former Employee - Dean in Tampa, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the time to time they hire good people only for them to leave.

Cons

Tax fraud, student fraud, financial aid fraud President sued Mom over money. This should say everything. RUNNNNN!

Continue reading

"If you’ve never experienced corruption, this is it."

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Keiser University full-time

Pros

Nice team members overall. Otherwise none.

Cons

I’ve never worked for such a corrupt, non transparent, scam, and dysfunctional organization in my life. The whole admissions leadership team is extremely manipulative, unaware of the professionalism needed to successfully empower employees and just want you to bring in another number to meet their sales quota. Be aware the first chance you get.

Continue reading

"Keiser is a great place for the right person."

2.0
    Current Employee - Staff Member

I have been working at Keiser University full-time

Pros

Pretty casual work environment where your expertise is respected and you aren’t micromanaged.

Cons

Unprofessional and unorganized at times. Don’t have the most focused vision, the quality of education fluctuates with the instructor and program, and campus initiatives are rushed and short sighted.

Found 314 reviews