Keiser University Reviews in Sarasota, FL | Glassdoor

4.1
Arthur Keiser
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Most of the staff and faculty are great to talk to (in 8 reviews)

• Co-workers are great; pay is good; insurance is good if you're single; (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance & the turnover rate is unbelievable (in 9 reviews)

• limited room for growth within the company (in 8 reviews)

"Very Happy Here"

Current Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Keiser University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(1) flexible scheduling for faculty--you must work a set number of hours but aside from class time how you put those in is pretty much up to you (2) 4 weeks paid vacation plus five pto days for full time faculty (scheduling must be during semester breaks and with permission of admin. During other times) (3) employer matches 4 percent on 401(k) contributions (4) variety of insurance plans to choose from (5) supportive work environment (it must vary from campus to campus because I work in Sarasota and I do not recognize the work environment described in some of the other reviews. ) (6) because of the small campus size you become very familiar with individual students and what learning styles are best for them. (7)most of our students have overcome a lot of obstacles to be here and when they successfully complete a class or a program and obtain employment in their field you feel really good about being a part of making that happen!

Cons

(1) the media has a hard-on for Keiser. Much of it is unjustified, at least on the campus where I work, and it unfairly hurts the public perception of what we do. The bottom line is we are accredited and we wouldn't be if we did any of the things we are accused of in the press.2) while we strive to make a college degree accessible to non-traditional students, the cost of coming here can make that impossible. (3) there are malcontents in every workplace. If your goal is to make a lot of money, achieve recognition, or be treated like a special snowflake, this is not the workplace for you. You are there to serve the students, not yourself. (4) opportunities to move up the ladder are limited because most faculty and admin stay here long term and there are few full time openings. (5) lots of paperwork required in order to keep accreditation--much of it redundant. Takes the focus away from interacting with our students which is what we should be doing instead.

Advice to Management

Continue leading by example. I have learned a lot from them about professionalism and accessibility.

"Incompetent management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

The students are sweet. After several years paid medical. Vacation time after 1 year.

Cons

Nepotism and greed, not student focused. Managers and president more interested in keeping there jobs than developing school, staff, and students. Look up their lawsuits.

Advice to Management

Promote intelligent employees versus hiring good 'ol boys that claim they know how to lead but only blame their failures on people below them.