Keiter Reviews

1. 5.0

Entrepreneurs work here.

Apr 13, 2021 - Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you have the drive to carve your own career path, you'll love it here. It's a great firm where you can leverage your entrepreneurial spirit by sharing new ideas to help businesses and their owners reach their goals.

Cons

Be aware neither entrepreneurs nor accountants keep short work hours.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great employer

Mar 12, 2021 - Audit Senior in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment and work-life balance

Cons

Great place to work, no cons

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Public Accounting Firm

Jan 10, 2021 - Senior Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance outside of busy season

Cons

None to say, except high hours during busy season - which is expected in public accounting

HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback. So glad you are able to take advantage of work/life balance. Thank you for your hard work at Keiter for the past several years!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to start your accounting career

Jan 12, 2021 - Tax Associate in Glen Allen, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people Great environment Lots or learning

Cons

I cant think of any cons really.

HR Manager

So glad you are having a good experience thus far! While I'm glad we are a great place to start your career, I hope your career will continue with us! We continue to work to find ways for our employees to connect in a virtual environment and to stay safe if working in the office. Have a great Tax Season!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Dec 3, 2020 - Audit Associate in Glen Allen, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team is great and helpful; flexible work hours

Cons

Health insurance is expensive; no issuer clients

HR Manager

Glad you like the team and the flexible hours. We promote flexibility - especially now. We work hard to keep our benefits competitive. I hope you are taking advantage of the HSA matching contributions. I'm not sure what you mean about no issuer clients?

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Rose to the challenge this year!

Sep 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work arrangements; Variety in work; Excellent response to COVID-19; Excellent people; Tech is good - love MS Teams; MP and COO work together well, listen to staff, lead by example, are positive leaders

Cons

There is never a slow time; Volume of work can be overwhelming at times, but it gets better

HR Manager

Thank you for your comments! We are working hard to support our employees and keep them safe during the pandemic.

7. 5.0

Great Company

Dec 11, 2019 - Associate in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Culture -Great Flex-time -Opportunity for Advancement

Cons

-Long busy season hours, but that's expected in public accounting.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for your comments and good review. We work hard to make a good place to work for our employees - whether in the office or virtual!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Accounting Firm in Richmond

Jan 30, 2019 - Associate in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reduced work hours in summer Amazing Culture Fantastic Employees

Cons

Long hours during busy season. (Expected in the field)

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

So glad to hear that you like our culture and our reduced hours. Public accounting does have a busier season in the spring. Thanks for hanging in with us!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great firm, amazing people

Jul 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

In all of my prior jobs, I've never worked anywhere that cared as much about employees as Keiter does. They take a lot of time asking for our feedback and making changes to make it a better workplace. It's not 100% perfect, but I don't think that place actually exists. If there are conflicts or issues, management listens. They may not make be able to make changes in all situations, but they do take our input seriously. The recent reviews on this site (which many employees speculate is the same disgruntled person posting from multiple accounts) are disheartening, as no one person can destroy the firm in the way that's been described. Keiter works hard to provide the best service to our clients which means getting the best people in the door to support them and it's not always easy. Everyone at Keiter works really hard, but we are also a family that can trust and support each other.

Cons

Hours can be long during certain seasons, but that's the nature of public accounting. It's definitely not for everyone!

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Jun 30, 2016 - Supervisor in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Keiter for over eight years and have to say it is one of the best jobs I've ever had. From the first day I always felt like part of the team, had engaging work, and have always been rewarded fairly for my accomplishments and hard work. I am in the administrative department and know for a fact that the partners value what we do and very much appreciate the support that we give the client service teams. The support and the perks that we get even during non-busy season is very much appreciated by staff and their families.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about this company. Yes there are times that are not always easy, you have that in any company. You have people that are unhappy, are not team players or negative. You have that at every company. What you also have at Keiter is a great human resources team and other resources and support that you need to help get over these hurdles so you can focus on your own career and goals.

7 people found this review helpful