Keith Ross & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Disgruntled employees"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Carol Stream, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Keith Ross & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the negative reviews are from employees that were not successful or have had problems with previous employers. In business since 1965. These people need to re-evaluate themselves and their limitations and quit blaming others for their failures. This company as with others have the malcontents, moaners and complainers. Their just soar losers probably out of work again.

Cons

Negative reviews by whiner’s and moaners. Their completely unfounded. So read them and laugh.

Advice to Management

Don't loose sleep over these immature losers.

"Friendly co-workers, Great training"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Keith Ross & Associates full-time

Pros

Fifty percent commissions, family friendly, paid holidays, Work hours required 8:45 - 5:00, but you need to work at least nine hours a day to make placements. One hour lunch which allows me to go home for lunch.

Cons

paid hourly until commisions are paid. All work and outside contact are in the offices. No in personal contact with customers. Continued pressure from clients to provide a select number of candidates.

Advice to Management

Faster server when working from home. (Ha ha Keith)

"Good experience"

Current Employee - Recruiter in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keith Ross & Associates full-time

Pros

Opportunity to make a good living, friendly, good working atmosphere & great hours

Cons

job market for attorneys still tight but getting better.

"A HUGE Mistake"

Former Employee - Recruiter in West Chicago, IL

I worked at Keith Ross & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you live in the western suburbs the location is nice. The building has a clean bathroom and the receptionist is very nice. Very clean office.

Cons

Dreaded coming to work. The technology at the company is horrible, very outdated. The management treats you like you are a number and does not even recognize that you exist. The environment is totally based on "what have you done for me lately." Not friendly at all. Not a place for women to succeed as they are not treated well. Compensation below industry standards. No benefits were offered.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees with respect.

"Made me a lot of money!!!"

I worked at Keith Ross & Associates full-time

Pros

Prior to the recession KR&A gave me the opportunity to make more money than I could doing anything else. They gave me the opportunity to earn enough to buy my first house. When the economy tanked and lawyers were being laid-off that’s when those recruiters who were not producing were let go. Those that wrote negative reviews should look within themselves rather than blame others for their inadequacies. Nice try at poisoning the well but KR&A is a good, honest and fair place to work.

Cons

Employer employee relationship. No buy in opportuntity to become an owner.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to the loosers who could not do the job.

"The worst place I have ever worked!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in West Chicago, IL

I worked at Keith Ross & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In a more robust economy this industry could be very lucrative

Cons

The "part owner" is the most egotistical, selfish and hypocritical person I have ever met. Their definition of "hands on training" is giving you an outdated manual to read and then telling you to get on the phone. Your phone calls are constantly monitored and emails are sent in your name without your knowledge. They read everyone of your incoming emails before showing them to you and proof read your outgoing emails. They do not trust you as an employee and insult your intelligence. They give a new meaning to micro-management.

Advice to Management

Understand that your employees are assets not people you insult to make yourself feel better. They are the only reason you are still in business.

"Lacking any type of training and egotistical and selfish company run by father and son."

Former Employee - Recruiter in West Chicago, IL

Pros

If successful in making placements you get up to 50% of commission.

Cons

terrible training, given book to read and hit the phones. The owner and son treat the employees as if they are below them on a daily basis. I would be surprised if this business is around in the next year.

Advice to Management

Consider your employees as an asset and not just someone trying to bring in money for your own benefit.

"Good employer"

I have been working at Keith Ross & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Keith Ross & Associates for over seven years. The owners have been more than fair for taking time off.
    First Chris is a great person to work for, he’s more like a friend than a boss, Nice building, fair salary, good hours 8:30 to 5:00, got rid of the bad recruiters, now only the great talent is left. Flexible on vacations as long as you have backup. Increased commissions paid to recruiters.
    They have a keen understanding of the bad employees that try to take advantage of their kindness. With any company there are bad eggs. I believe anyone who writes a negative review, are they themselves the problem. Management identifies the bad employees and deals with them appropriately, and the bad employees don’t like it. Boo hoo grow up! Glad to see bob's employment terminated.

Cons

smaller company so limited opportunities. I couldn’t afford their healthcare insurance even though they contributed $125 a month to the premiums. Not many good restaurants in the area,

Advice to Management

Keep true to your stated course, continue to not allow the antics of bad employees effect you, don't give into mediocrity.

"Excellent training which lead to my success"

Pros

I worked for Keith for years. The company and it's staff provided me with excellent training which lead to my success. Their website states they’ve been in business since 1965. They have to be doing something right to be in business as long as they have. Benefits incuded paid health and dental insurance, matching 401(K), and profit sharing.

Cons

Moved their offices which was no longer commutable. All work was conducted on the telephone and internet. No outside office meetings.