Keller Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Keller Mortgage Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2019

Found 22 reviews

2.9
  1. "Best Loan Officer Position I Have Ever Had"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most work remotely, excellent pay, great teamwork, abundance of leads, excellent PPO benefits that are not super costly

Cons

I seriously cannot think of any. I love it here and don't intend to ever leave!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Keller Mortgage2019-06-24
  2. "Poor Inadequate Management"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Closer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working remote and that is just about it. But not worth the convenience of working at home. Potentially a great company with professional managers.

Cons

Poor leadership, managers literally do not have the skills to train, motivate or work together successfully. Benefits and pay are not competitive. The most chaotic place I have ever worked. Managers are not proactive with improving workflow, everything. Because of lack of being proactive and skills Keller is paying an extreme amount of tolerance cures. This can be prevented. Also now since they are closing refinances...

Advice to Management

Please address to your managers why are things not improving? Research the skills of your current employees. Some have years experience, some in operations ask for help. There are far more skilled employees than managers.

Keller Mortgage2019-07-15

"How does this company make money?"

Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Remote option for some positions * Pay generally on market value for underwriting * Everyone on the team seems to be nice

Cons

* Disorganization in company structure and training * Dissolved one underwriting department within 2 months of starting * Unclear how a company of 4-500 people with over 100 underwriters doing mostly pre-approvals makes any money. Most of those people were hired in the last two months. Fall through rate on pre-approvals is 40-50% and they closed 1000 loans last month. With their zero-plus program they make no underwriting,...

Advice to Management

Keller has owned this company for over 2 years, and it existed for at least 10 years before acquisition as Fearon Financial. If you don't know what you're doing by now, you aren't going to figure it out soon.

Keller Mortgage2019-05-09

"Fair Review"

Current Employee - Mortgage Closer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work remote, closing manager very professional and knowledgeable.

Cons

No procedures, payscale is basically the same instead of paying based on experience. This is the reason I’m seeking other employment. It would be foolish of me to remain with employers who cannot appreciate my experience and pay me the same as a closer with little experience

Advice to Management

Invest in good employees and hire management that can contribute to implementing procedures and train all to be mortgage professionals

Keller Mortgage2019-04-06

"Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day I feel like I am part of a TEAM and we work together! I feel valued and able to give suggestions and ask questions. Very knowledgeable management and team. Fast pace and a lot of room for growth! Remote positions and PTO are great.

Cons

No 401K match, hear that is in the works.

Advice to Management

With this fast growth don't loose sight of the environment that is currently in place. Continue to value your employees and they will continue to work hard to exceed expectations.

Keller Mortgage2019-03-18

"I love going to my job EVERYDAY!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of people and good supporting team. Remote positions. Benefits are great and you get a good amount of PTO.

Cons

There are growing pains but every company that is successful will experience this. A little patience and good communication will get you where you need to be!

Advice to Management

As the company grows I think its important to keep everyone informed on the progress , changes and goals even if it doesn't pertain to a particular department. Offer more team training and recap on recent changes so new employees and older employees stay on the same page.

Keller Mortgage2019-01-24

"Fast paced, innovative, exciting place to work!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fantastic team atmosphere. The company is growing fast with unlimited potential for growth both professionally and from a income stand point. This, in combination with working for the best brand in real estate is recipe for success!

Cons

We are growing fast and their are always some pains as we integrate new people into the process.

Advice to Management

Training, training, training! Use internal resources to train loan officers to better understand the entire loan process. This should be ongoing for new hires as wells as experienced veterans. Lastly I hope the benefit package will improve as we grow.

"Love this Company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked here a couple years and love Keller Mortgage!! The company has a bright future. They promote from within. Yes there has been change, but the company is growing so rapidly, that we had to change to keep improving. My manager shows us how well we are doing with near 5 star surveys clients. Don't take change, high standards, and really busy as bad things, it is because the company is seeing tremendous...

Cons

I think more managers would help, because our managers are great, they help solve problems every day, but they are stretched thin, we all see it. I think we would all do better with a few more managers. Also, I know its difficult when we are growing as fast as we are, but I'd like to see our CEO spend more time with the people monthly giving updates as to how things are going.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, its working, i'm not the only one who loves working here all of my team talks about it to! Thanks for the appreciation you show for all the hard work the employees give.

Keller Mortgage2019-01-24
  9. "One of though rare places that are great to work at!"

Current Employee - Underwriter in North Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Descent system, with warm, helpful and knowledgeable people and reasonable expectations.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Underwriter"

I have been working at Keller Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love this company - upper management is willing to listen and help you find a solution.

Cons

That I didn’t find this job sooner!

Found 22 reviews