Keller Williams Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Keller Williams CEO Chris Heller
Chris Heller

1,198 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Keller Williams gives agents the opportunity to begin their career in a great training environment (in 155 reviews)

• They have life-long profit sharing where the company gives back to it's employees (in 113 reviews)

Cons
  • they are very pushy on new agents (in 65 reviews)

• Commission split, but you get that with any major broker that provides so many resources (in 43 reviews)

1. "best brokerage i've worked for"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work environment and people

Cons

none that i can think of

2. "Licensed salesperson"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great on boarding process and constant learning training classes

Cons

Can be a little too big for some people

3. "keller williams"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

good training and good people to work with

Cons

ramp up phase. you must prepare for 6 months

5. "The best place to work in real estate. People are great. Profit Share, training. Brand new or seasoned. Check them out."

Current Employee - Realtor in Braintree, MA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Braintree, MA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Number one training Co. In the world. Profit sharing. Plenty of opportunity to grow.

Cons

It will take a little time to get going. Start up costs. Signs, cards, general set up.

Advice to Management

Really can't imagine improving this model.

6. "Company"

Former Employee - Realtor
    Former Employee - Realtor

I worked at Keller Williams (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. A lot of training provided.

Cons

Commission. Some clients expect you to be on call 24/7

"Educational training and opportunity for growth best overall than any other real estate firm out there."

Current Employee - Realtor in Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, opportunity, growth and integrity. This companies values and support are amazing. I've worked at all the main Real Estate firms and by far KW surpasses any of them and I mean any. They teach you how to run a business and truly offer areas within the company. Team building and Expansion opportunity that the other companies reserve for only the brokers. Absolutely the best choice.

Cons

With any firm there are too many monthly fees. But KW most reasonable. Could be lower overall with every firm considering technology brings us less in the office.

Advice to Management

None really they are there always or available online.

8. "Hard work but can be fun"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

high energy, diverse tasks, pleasant work environment, lots of different people around you all the time

Cons

long hours at times, too many mandatory trainings and meetings, few company benefits

9. "Unsurpassed culture and training!"

Current Employee - Associate Broker
    Current Employee - Associate Broker

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Keller Williams belief system. This company truly changed my life. I have suffered a tremendous loss and the values of the company was therapy for me and helped me out of a dark hole. The training is unsurpassed: #1 training company across all industries. Keller Williams believes that your business grows to the extent that you do so they always encourage self-improvement in all facets of personal life and career. The tools offered to their agents can't be beat. They like to say that they are a technology company that happens to sell real estate. I love this company and the values that they hold dear.

Cons

If you don't want to be held accountable to your own goals, maybe look elsewhere. They will coach you to do your best and have honest conversations with you when you aren't performing. It is only to help you though. This is a commission based business and if you aren't doing what it takes to succeed they help you. It is always out of a desire to help you though.

10. "agent"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

great work space, great co workers

Cons

commission splits between company unfair

"New Agent NO REAL ESTATE Background"

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offer more training than most.

Cons

Training is not geared towards people who do not already have a background in real estate.

Advice to Management

I have no mentor, I'm not on a team, and if U asked me what I got out of a month of going to KW classes 5 days a week for a month, I'd say "call somebody, call, call, call,call somebody!" Read ur script! "Confidence trumps knowledge!" But the person I'm calling doesn't know their lines! And any questions they have I don't have the knowledge to answer? You need at least a small bit of knowledge before U start calling people! "Knowledge" may "trump confidence" BUT THE LACK OF ANY WILL CERTAINLY KILL IT! I've had several people tell me "you don't know enough to be calling me to sell my house!" But I say "I have the knowledge of 200 agents where I work," And they say exactly what I would say. "You can't answer any of my questions so I'm going to find a more experienced agent, and can U please stop calling me!" Because by this point I've hounded these people to death! Because we are told to "call till they ask U to stop calling." I have no idea how to do a CMA, no idea how to do anything other than call, call, call, and run through a script.
    I think it would be good for new agents to ride along with seasoned agents and see how it's done! I think there should be more emphasis placed on learning the paperwork, the computer programs, and give the agent a little something to feel confident about other than just "call, call someone, call, call! Because I have lost all my potential leads due to lack of any knowledge about what I can do for them.

Showing 1,198 of 1,418 reviews