Keller Williams Reviews | Glassdoor

Keller Williams CEO John Davis
John Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • New agents - be prepared to cross that desert your first year (in 81 reviews)

• There are no cons of working here (in 51 reviews)

"Prior Texas Realtor in San Antonio"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Biggest market share in San Antonio

Cons

Biggest market share. Too concerned about getting someone else signed with their company for their profit share. Training is not what they make it put to be and very expensive.
    No time to help new agents.

Advice to Management

Think about quality not quanity

2. "associate broker"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Greenwood, IN
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Greenwood, IN

I worked at Keller Williams (More than 3 years)

Pros

With alot of ambition, good advertising and knowing alot of people you could do ok.

Cons

To much competition and cost of business is very expensive.

"Independant Contractor"

Current Employee - Realtor in Stockbridge, GA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Stockbridge, GA

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to be if you are an experienced agent, keller williams stands as a "name-brand " broker in my opinon.

Cons

unfortunately i have a ton of cons,
    to begin with training is provided yet its not hands on & i personally have learned more from personal research than from going to training
    next, the commission split is 70/30. there are plenty other company's that can offer something more competetive, on top of that expect to pay about 90$ a month for mls, o&e insurance, fmls , etc. that doesnt even include an office space. you have to pay extra for that. all in all its fine if you have a developed business however as a new agent you will find it extremely difficult and stressful trying to be successful.

Advice to Management

just one thing and that is be more involved with you agents, dont have us pay you monthly and essentially forget about us. if im going to be apart of a company i would like for them to give me proper training, mentor me, guide me through the right path.

4. "Real Estate Assistant"

Former Freelancer - Real Estate Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Freelancer - Real Estate Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Keller Williams (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at the office was very optimistic and willing to help.

Cons

Everyone is an independent contractor. There are no benefits and you receive a 1099 not a W2. The pay is very low and the only way to advance is to become an agent. The problem with that is the success rate for agents is very low and most people quit within 2 years with nothing to show for their efforts.

Advice to Management

Give your support staff better pay and benefits since they play such an important role in the business.

"Underpaid"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great values and positive company.

Cons

Underpaid for position and management was lacking.

Advice to Management

Senior assistant was very immature and unprofessional.

"Unless"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Real estate training. While working in IT at the headquarters, I got my RE license, learned a bunch and found out how to really make money and succeed in this world. I hear profit share is now a good-sized check. During my term at KW, it was low due to the economic recession.

Cons

IT was not taken seriously or given a budget. Legacy, deprecated systems were not term-ed, information was not encrypted and it recently led to a breach.

Going on 90 days and I have yet to receive acknowledgement or the means KWRI will use to rectify the situation.
    Requests for an explanation, whether or not my information was compromised (SSN, Bank account info, addresses - everything) and assistance with the situation were ignored.

Advice to Management

Integrity: do the right thing
    Trust: starts with honesty

"NOT good for new agents"

Former Employee - Associate Broker
    Former Employee - Associate Broker

I worked at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Commission split is slightly better than other brokerages.

Cons

Management is rarely available if you have questions. They had the receptionist training us on how to use their database of contracts/forms and how to create our company website/profile. I was never told who is who in the office, so I struggled to know where to turn with various concerns or questions. Way too many agents for a small office, so it was very easy to get lost in the crowd and feel like just a number. If you're a seasoned agent and like to work on your own, this office may be a good fit for you. I would not recommend this office to any newly licensed brokers. We all know we learn nothing about actually practicing real estate in real estate school. When you are freshly licensed and you join a brokerage, one would expect that they'd train you and show you the ropes. No such luck here.

"Why I wouldn't choose KW again!"

I worked at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Recognized Brand Name
    Decent Training classes

Cons

Office fees to expensive - your 1st year you have to pay 10% to a productivity coach - not much help is offered by seasoned realtors, more interested in recruiting you to their team to be a buyers agent

Advice to Management

Should try a hands on approach that matches new realtors with seasoned ones, allow them to walk thru a (live) deal from start to finish to truly understand the process instead of just being thrown in the fire and everyone having to learn as they go.

"Cult"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Westlake, OH

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good training opportunities and tech.

Cons

Too full of themselves. Always downing every other brokerage out there. Has a ton of "sales" programs which are really just glorified ra-ra motivational classes that are extremely overpriced. If you don't buy in to BOLD and Ignite and whatever else they have cooked up then you cannot get leads. It really is a cult like group.

Advice to Management

Pull back on the cult like practices and stop bashing every other brokerage out there. Its a turn off to agents that you have to co-broke with.

"Think twice before joining KW"

I worked at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Great training at all the time

Cons

Since the company is big, you are on your own. Not enough support on daily basis which is needed when you knew to real estate.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to newcomers who have no idea about real estate. Create better way to develop new agents.

Showing 78 of 1,755 reviews