Keller Williams Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 9, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Keller Williams CEO Chris Heller
Chris Heller

Pros
  • They provide great training classes which help strengthen your skill on work field when go meet clients (in 156 reviews)

• They have life-long profit sharing where the company gives back to it's employees (in 114 reviews)

Cons
  • they are very pushy on new agents (in 66 reviews)

• Commission split, but you get that with any major broker that provides so many resources (in 44 reviews)

"Training But It Will Cost You"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want a culture that thrives on continual education and training then KW is a great place for you.

Open door policy
    Flexible Schedule - You are an independent contractor you choose when to work and when to play.

Cons

Franchise - each office is run independently with a set of base guidelines and business rules that must be met to carry the KW branding. This allows for each office to be run differently and may not provide the same services as others that carry the KW branding.
    Training is unorganized and not geared towards someone who has never done the job before.
    COSTLY Fee- Unlike competition there is a fee for everything literally everything and its seen as a small fee $100 here $100 there. If you want to work in the office and in an actual work-space there is a fee for it.
    Advance Training- is highly pushed and again can range into the $1000's
    You get recruited and provided entry level training and then thrown to the wind and just told to lead generate, even if you have not a clue how to do that.
    Commission splits are high you must donate $20,000 to the company before you get your full commission, some competitors are much lower.
    Providing constructive feedback to upper management is seen as a negative and not well received.
    DISC Personality Testing - the test is used for every position you attempt to apply for, even if you are already an agent with them and want to join a team, its a test that can be flawed and manipulated by the test taker yet is used in 99% of all decisions.
    Follow Up & Communication - Communication varies and follow up from other agents is either non-existent or not timely.
    Transferring and Office Affiliation - Once you sign an agreement with one office it is highly frowned upon you switching to another KW office, I found the KW office 5 mins from me to be more convenient yet when I asked what the process would be to move there, my request basically landed on deaf ears.

Advice to Management

Franchise level management needs to be more organized.
    Training- needs to be more organized especially with new agents that have never done the job. You need to train people how to properly do the job if your going to gouge them with fees to use the services.
    Franchise offices - there needs to be a unilateral training grid and code for each office that harnesses the KW family model. I should not feel unwelcome at a KW office as a KW agent just because I don't pay their office fees and they are not my primary office.
    Feedback - constructive feedback that is truth based should never be looked upon as something negative from an agent, but should be used to honestly hear what an agent is saying.

2. "Drink the Kool-Aid, Join a Sales Team!"

Former Contractor - Realtor in Savannah, GA
    Former Contractor - Realtor in Savannah, GA

I worked at Keller Williams as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to take classes and learn more from other agents.

Cons

If you look remotely competent you WILL be bombarded by other agents wanting you to join their sales teams. What this means is that you'll basically be working as an office drone all over again, but this time for some Realtor who will have you work all of their terrible leads, and for any possible closings you get, you'll split your commission with them. Then, you'll split *that* leftover commission another 3 ways with KW's normal split, and AGAIN toward their "franchise" cap.

So let's do some math: $200k sale x 3% commission = $6k. Split 50/50 with your team leader = $3k, split 70/30 with KW's fees is another $2100, for approximately 45-60 days work, not including the gas you spend driving people around to look at homes who may or may not buy.

Yes, you too can become a hot-shot Realtor.

Advice to Management

...bring donuts every day? I don't even know how you can sugarcoat what a rip this is compared to any other office out there.

3. "Hard work but can be fun"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

high energy, diverse tasks, pleasant work environment, lots of different people around you all the time

Cons

long hours at times, too many mandatory trainings and meetings, few company benefits

5. "Intern Review"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Keller Williams as an intern

Pros

Relaxed yet motivated and organized environment.

Cons

I do not have any.

"Team Leader Position"

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning all of the sales techniques that top producers use and taking all of the courses that KW offers for free.

Cons

The opportunity is oversold, most of the agents you recruit are placed under other agents so you do not receive profit share. The Operating Partners often fire Team Leaders to keep new blood in the position. They value integrity apparently, but behind the scenes it's everybody for themselves. Highly political environment.

7. "great"

Former Employee - Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training, capped commissions. %100 commission possible.

Cons

splits before cap are high

Advice to Management

Prospect everyday for atleast 3 hours.

8. "overwhelmed"

Current Contractor - Real Estate Agent in Owensboro, KY
    Current Contractor - Real Estate Agent in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

easy to get foot in the door

Cons

they are very pushy on new agents

Advice to Management

let new agents learn at their pace and comfort level

9. "Real Estate Agent Review"

Former Contractor - Realtor in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Realtor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Keller Williams as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Offers training for newer agents. Good company values.

Cons

Hi splits with broker - 36% up to a maximum of $21,000 a year. Not all Team Leaders or Agents follow the Win-Win philosphy that KW preaches. You are pretty much self employed so no benefits whatsoever.

Advice to Management

It's not all about the numbers. Team Leaders need to focus on relationships with current agents not just recruiting.

10. "Realtor"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor

Pros

Make your own schedule, work form home or at the office, work/life balance is good, technology you are afforded is great

Cons

No benefits, Contract-1099 only for realtors, you have to pay them to have a dedicated work space in the office, you are responsible for generating all of your own leads (cold calling), a lot of fees you have to pay

Advice to Management

Give your full-time realtors benefits!

11. "Realtor"

Current Contractor - Realtor/Independent Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Realtor/Independent Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Keller Williams as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Allows me to have the freedom to work my business the way I see fit.

Cons

I have no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Showing 205 of 1,456 reviews