Keller Williams Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 23, 2017
1,201 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,201 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Keller Williams gives agents the opportunity to begin their career in a great training environment (in 155 reviews)

• They have life-long profit sharing where the company gives back to it's employees (in 113 reviews)

Cons
  • they are very pushy on new agents (in 65 reviews)

• Commission split, but you get that with any major broker that provides so many resources (in 43 reviews)

1. "Hard work but can be fun"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

high energy, diverse tasks, pleasant work environment, lots of different people around you all the time

Cons

long hours at times, too many mandatory trainings and meetings, few company benefits

2. "agent"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

great work space, great co workers

Cons

commission splits between company unfair

"New Agent NO REAL ESTATE Background"

Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offer more training than most.

Cons

Training is not geared towards people who do not already have a background in real estate.

Advice to Management

I have no mentor, I'm not on a team, and if U asked me what I got out of a month of going to KW classes 5 days a week for a month, I'd say "call somebody, call, call, call,call somebody!" Read ur script! "Confidence trumps knowledge!" But the person I'm calling doesn't know their lines! And any questions they have I don't have the knowledge to answer? You need at least a small bit of knowledge before U start calling people! "Knowledge" may "trump confidence" BUT THE LACK OF ANY WILL CERTAINLY KILL IT! I've had several people tell me "you don't know enough to be calling me to sell my house!" But I say "I have the knowledge of 200 agents where I work," And they say exactly what I would say. "You can't answer any of my questions so I'm going to find a more experienced agent, and can U please stop calling me!" Because by this point I've hounded these people to death! Because we are told to "call till they ask U to stop calling." I have no idea how to do a CMA, no idea how to do anything other than call, call, call, and run through a script.
    I think it would be good for new agents to ride along with seasoned agents and see how it's done! I think there should be more emphasis placed on learning the paperwork, the computer programs, and give the agent a little something to feel confident about other than just "call, call someone, call, call! Because I have lost all my potential leads due to lack of any knowledge about what I can do for them.

5. "Unsurpassed culture and training!"

Current Employee - Associate Broker
    Current Employee - Associate Broker

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Keller Williams belief system. This company truly changed my life. I have suffered a tremendous loss and the values of the company was therapy for me and helped me out of a dark hole. The training is unsurpassed: #1 training company across all industries. Keller Williams believes that your business grows to the extent that you do so they always encourage self-improvement in all facets of personal life and career. The tools offered to their agents can't be beat. They like to say that they are a technology company that happens to sell real estate. I love this company and the values that they hold dear.

Cons

If you don't want to be held accountable to your own goals, maybe look elsewhere. They will coach you to do your best and have honest conversations with you when you aren't performing. It is only to help you though. This is a commission based business and if you aren't doing what it takes to succeed they help you. It is always out of a desire to help you though.

6. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They offer great tools to support your clients. Their goal is help you build your business. The opportunity to earn 100% is fantastic.

Cons

Only con is lacking options on health benefits

7. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

good trraining, great people, good culture

Cons

fast learning curve needed, take you out of comfort zon

8. "Great Realtor Office"

Current Employee - Realtor in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Realtor in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very active in the market with a large market share. Helpful staff.

Cons

The broker share is okay but then they keep adding FEES.

Advice to Management

Change your split (bigger split to agent).

"Team Leader Position"

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning all of the sales techniques that top producers use and taking all of the courses that KW offers for free.

Cons

The opportunity is oversold, most of the agents you recruit are placed under other agents so you do not receive profit share. The Operating Partners often fire Team Leaders to keep new blood in the position. They value integrity apparently, but behind the scenes it's everybody for themselves. Highly political environment.

10. "Company Motto"

Former Employee - MCA
    Former Employee - MCA

Pros

A company who cares about you! Helps you succeed and makes an impact on your community

Cons

Insurance benefits, job security is based on housing market.

Advice to Management

Do not forget The Motto and that everyone is equal

11. "Realtor"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Training & mentorship opportunities are impeccable.

Cons

100% Commission- This is a very competitive industry and you will commit a lot of your time in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

None

Showing 1,201 of 1,423 reviews