Keller Williams Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,490 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • New agents - be prepared to cross that desert your first year (in 84 reviews)

• There are no cons of working here (in 53 reviews)

1. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Point Pleasant, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Point Pleasant, NJ

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Education to stay informed

Cons

Needs to improve on CRM and individual marketing tools

2. "great culture and good people"

Pros

Amazing culture and education, great people and fun experiences

Cons

If you work in the office, there are no raises or bonuses.

3. "realtor"

I worked at Keller Williams part-time

Pros

great job, great on site training

Cons

commission split is not great

4. "Realtor"

Pros

Excellent training and assistance for all transactions

Cons

There are no cons with this excellent company

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Keller Williams part-time

Pros

Independence, education, leadership, great people, and a lot of opportunity.

Cons

There are no cons of working here.

6. "Realtor"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Training, support and resources

Cons

High Cap. Self Employed. Commission only

Advice to Management

na

7. "Best training"

I have been working at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Training, Training, training!!!
    The best technology
    Everything you need to succeed on your own

Cons

You are own your own. No lead help when first starting

8. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Keller Williams full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lead real estate company in technology. There's always a new trend, and KW keeps their agents ahead of the game by investing in diverse training. One of the best offices in the state of MD.

Cons

Fees can accumulate depending on the broker, but overall a wonderful company to work with.

Advice to Management

Keep your agents informed. Support their efforts, and they will love you right back!

"Cornelius NC Recruiting company Not a sales company"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Cornelius, NC
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Cornelius, NC

Pros

The idea - the idea that by joining this club that it is designed to guide you through the journey of a new career with a foundation of high level trainers and support and the only thing holding you back is yourself. I came from a similar industry straight commission extensive training made amazing money heard the reputation from past employees and assumed it was true

Cons

Not true... besides miss scheduling and canceled classes at the last min I was also informed of additional fees for new agents for the first year. I figured well as long as the hype was true I will make up difference keep moving forward. The classes seemed to consist of random agents asked to do favors and give personnel experiences. No vested interest at all in the students. No full time trainers that I met or saw the are assigned to you. More of a beat my chest brag a little while throwing some tid bits of info to the new recruits. Being from a corporate high level sales background and trainer it is easy to spot pretenders. 3 of the 4 so called (trainers) although very nice people had very little sale teaching experience. For example how do you make a potential client feel good about signing? Drop 1 % commission. Customers love that . Now in real life professional sales training there are multiple steps to create value and trust now each of these so called trainers had the similar advice for us rookies. Red flags right I would have fired these guys if they worked for me on the spot. Now keep in mind 2 classes where canceled after we arrived as well as miss scheduling issues. Walking in 2 weeks prior I explained I had a house to sign up can I get some assistance. The BIC who is super nice sends me to the coach . I introduce myself but they had no idea who I was or that I was hired 2 weeks prior - no introductions obviously . The coach says if you need help go to the transaction coach. I can’t find transaction coach so I email Coach with waving my need for assistance with an actual possible sale $$$ money now at this point that I now realize I’m WAYyy overpaying for this “extra special” care and training and assistance lol. Next day I receive a phone call that this weird automated recording introducing the transaction coach and it say if ever I need help just email or call. Are you kidding that’s what I’ve been doing. By the way the bic was nice enough to print me blank forms so I could just move forward on the deal without anyone . At that point I realized before I sign a new client and if I’m going to do this on my own than I refuse to overpay for this to people who are just sitting around trying to get there hands in my cookie jar and more concerned about recruiting more people to believe there own hype. The last “trainer” I approached because I’ve still got this house to sign still and wanted to utilize this “amazing” system I approached him and asked for some guidance. The response was - I’m happy to Spit 50 50 with me and we can do it together . After 3 weeks I’ve left. My feeling is that they bring in random agents to do favors to train new recruits and my guess is this is all volunteer work. These trainers make there money by selling houses not by training Very disingenuous. I emailed one of these trainers for info the so eagerly offered if we followed up with them and also got no response. They consistently where all on same page recruit and sing the song of hype but no follow through. I figured I go tell them in person 2 days in a row can’t find 3 of the leaders so I email when is a good time? 2nd day I get response I’m out of office and there wrapped up in training else where lol Business is what you make if it!!! KW will not make you succeed you will make you succeed. It s that simple This is not a sales organization if you are a top producing sale savvy career oriented high end producer this company will only frustrate you. You’ll smell the lack of sales experience and low level training a mile away. I believe that KW at one time had a strong foundation but grew maybe to quick and lost focus on the real objective .

Advice to Management

Change name and motto- to KW recruiting agency. If you drink the cool aid tea we will allow you to train others for free.

"One hand didn't always know what the other was doing..."

I worked at Keller Williams full-time

Pros

Very positive, ambitious, motivating business plan.

Cons

On the high side when it comes to agent dues and there is much less guidance provided for newer agents than is promised at sign-on.

Showing 1,490 of 1,802 reviews