Kelly Educational Staffing "want to work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kelly Educational Staffing Employee Reviews about "want to work"

Updated Jul 28, 2019

3.4
Kelly Educational Staffing President and Chief Executive Officer George S. Corona
George S. Corona
Pros
  • "I really loved working for Kelly as you have a flexible schedule(in 55 reviews)

• "I am able to choose which school I work at and which days I want to work(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very low pay- after taxes your take home pay is about(in 59 reviews)

• "to change between land line and cell phone), which I previously could do when the town hired Substitutes directly(in 34 reviews)

Reviews about "want to work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Substitute Teacher"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kelly Educational Staffing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with kids can be very rewarding depending on what school you go to, you have the opportunity to see different schools in the county before deciding where you want to work, diverse networking options, great exposure if you want to be a teacher.

Cons

Low pay, sometimes teachers cancel assignments at the last minute, some students will not show you proper respect, occasionally the lesson plans are not clear, if you are not working a long term assignment you end up going to different schools all the time.

Kelly Educational Staffing2017-09-14

"What you'd expect"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The hours and days are extremely flexible. You basically get to pick-and-choose what schools you go to or don't go to, what days you work and don't want to work, and whether to work full days or half days.

Cons

The pay is a joke, the company doesn't have the best management (like at all), and you'd expect them to treat employees a *little* less punitively and value you more considering how sparse substitutes actually are throughout OCPS.

Kelly Educational Staffing2019-07-28
  3. "I Love the Flexibility"

Current Contractor - Substitite Teacher in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility; You get to choose what school and when you want to work. Pay every week. If you have kids your off work when they are out of school. You can collect unemployment in the summer.

Cons

Pay could be a little more. Show so appreciation of their workers. I work hard everyday and have never been recognized . We are only required to work 2 Friday’s within a 45 day period. If you don’t have a degree higher than a A.S. or A.A you can not sub long term. Which sucks because your still doing the alot of work for the pay of a regular sub. Paras get paid more than employees who have a Degree; if you don’t work at a high needs school. You try to get other work with them so you will have some money in the summer if you don’t want to collect unemployment and they will try and make it hard for you so you can keep subbing until school is over. You try to get other work with them so you will have some money in the summer if you don’t want to collect unemployment and they will make it hard for you. Because they want you to keep subbing.

Kelly Educational Staffing2019-03-16

"Excellent work"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing part-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work if you love children. I am able to choose which school I work at and which days I want to work.

Cons

Working with new people every day and not knowing what their expectations are

Kelly Educational Staffing2019-01-25

"Subbing for Kellh in Augusta GA"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to pick the days and schools you want to work. You dont have to have ANY teaching experience in this county. Or, any experience at all. They accept anyone with a beating heart and high school degree.

Cons

Pay is bare minimum. I'm talking minimum wage rates. The staff at KES Augusta GA are incompetent and take forever to do anything, like call you back or fix the pay grade you're supposed to have. Richmond county school systems is really poor and the kids and teachers dont care about education, so the job of substituting itself is bad here. KES employees will call you incessantly every morning between 7 and 8, even when you opt out of the automated call system.

Kelly Educational Staffing2019-02-19
  6. "Substitute Teacher"

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing part-time

Pros

Flexible hours and locations - Get to pick what days and what schools you want to work at

Cons

Pay is low for some of the problem (inner city schools)

Kelly Educational Staffing2018-11-28
  7. "Staff needs to stick up for employees and communicate with other Kelly supervisors"

Former Freelancer - Substitute Teacher in Scranton, PA

I worked at Kelly Educational Staffing for less than a year

Pros

You can select the school and grade you want to work at and the days you want to work.

Cons

They set up my username and password using my cell phone which does not get coverage at my residence. Teachers tried to contact me and I missed out on jobs. When I started having health issues and couldn't work the days I scheduled, when I needed time to travel out of the area on short notice because my father has dementia, or when I had to take my elderly cat to the vet for emergency care repeatedly, a staff member assured me (in April) that I wouldn't be terminated from any school or district because of these reasons. I offered to provide doctor notes and vet receipts but was told that wasn't necessary. This week I was diagnosed with a TMJ disorder. When I called off one morning this week because the pain was intense, there was no issue. But by the end of the day, all my scheduled sub jobs through January were cancelled without a phone call or email explaining the reason. The next day when I finally received an email (after I sent one,) a staff person said she left me a message. I told her that I never got it. She said Kelly was called by the school and told to cancel my sub jobs because of my absences recently. At no time did the staff person relay to the school my health problems, etc. Kelly claimed they didn't have my home phone number and neither did the school. I filled out an application with my home phone number, so Kelly had my phone number. My cell doesn't work at my residence, and that's the only number the school had to call from the Frontline account. I resigned over the phone and I am in the process of writing them a formal letter of resignation. Apparently this school does not need subs if they were willing to terminate me from their school so quickly. Also, my niece is in 8th grade in the same district and for the first four weeks of school she did not have a science class...just a study hall with a "monitor" because Kelly could not find a substitute for the class. She had no textbook, no homework, no projects, and no tests for over a month. Then parents began complaining to the school district...including my brother who is an educator in another district. They found the textbooks in another building and by mid-October had a substitute. Not a good situation for those students. I subbed one day in second grade earlier this year and there was a shortage of subs, so the principal split one of the other second grade classes and put half the students in my room and the other half in another room. The lesson plans were useless because the other class was ahead of the class I was in. No one offered me immediate help until the day was half over. This happened in the same school that I was just terminated from.

Kelly Educational Staffing2018-12-01
  8. "Works for some"

Current Freelancer - Substitute Teacher in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, Choose where and when you want to work

Cons

No summer work or pay, hit or miss at some schools

Kelly Educational Staffing2018-11-04

"mental stress"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexibility, pick where you want to work

Cons

no benefits, some schools have terrible discipline policies

Kelly Educational Staffing2018-09-21
  10. "Substitute Teacher's Aide"

I have been working at Kelly Educational Staffing part-time

Pros

Wonderful, part time job for people who love children. Totally flexible company, lets you work as much or as little as you want, as long as you work a minimum amount of days, ie., they will contact you if you go months without work or contact. Friendly and supportive company. You pick the school districts and schools where you want to work, work is varied and not boring. Some days you might be an aide for a whole classroom, others you might work one-on-one with a child.

Cons

Work can be stressful, but rewarding, and schools today deal with a lot of challenges. Compassion, love for children and finding a reward in helping children who might be struggling with many issues are very helpful.

Kelly Educational Staffing2018-08-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 26 reviews