Kelly Scientific Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carl T. Camden
1 Rating

1. "No problems and a good option for those looking to try out government work."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Because it is so difficult to become an FTE (full time employee) with the government, many people opt for contract agencies like Kelly. I've been with them for a year-and-a-half now and have no complaints. It's a good option for people wanting to get their foot in the door of the federal government and I've had absolutely no problems during my time here. Although I am employed by Kelly, I'm assigned to a federal agency where I essentially report to my government supervisor as I would in any other job. It's a pretty painless process and I have no complaints.

Cons

It's hard to find any real negatives to working here. I've never really run into a problem in my workplace so I haven't needed to call on them for anything aside from basic human resource issues. I guess I would like to see better (read: more flexible) health insurance options (you get to choose from three) but everything is costly these days and I know I still have it better than colleagues who work with different contracting agencies.

2. "Contract Position Placement"

Former Employee - Scientist I in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Scientist I in Worcester, MA

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly qualified and professional assistance with contract placement. E-mail is the best way to contact workers.

Cons

They are extremely busy and it can be a challenge to contact them via the telephone.

Advice to Management

Great teamwork.

3. "A great experience with this agency"

Pros

Paid holidays after a year of employment.
    Friendly contract contacts.
    Great companies to contract with

Cons

I did not face any major challenges. Or even minor ones for that matter.

Advice to Management

I had a great experience from on-boarding to initiating my two weeks. Thank you for the opportunities.

5. "One of the best in the industry"

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time

Pros

Forward thinking, team-oriented, staffing company. Dedication to best in brand services.

Cons

Not anything unlike other positions

"We are getting better all the time. Many of these pro temp jobs become full time offers."

Current Employee - Safety Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Safety Manager in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Ability to pick and choose employer. Salary is in line with others in the field. Ability to network in your field without any committment.

Cons

Extremely slow hiring process, clients are easily lost while waiting.However, once you find out that Kelly is betting 117K and your getting 72K, for doing the work, it can be a bit irritating.

Advice to Management

Very short notice when contracts are approaching expiration. If I would have had more notice and communication with the site manager, my office would not have been left shorthanded. My manager thought that the contract and money issues were accurate and ready to continue, but I later found out that about 20 of us were pulled of the job with a Sunday night notice on the answering machine - "your contract is over, you don't need to report to the previous assignment." No class.

7. "A good stepping stone to aquiring a full time position in the document control field."

Former Employee - Document Control in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Document Control in Aurora, OH

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees were excited and gave me a lot of attention when placing me as a temp at GE Healthcare.

Cons

It was contract work and had to end after 1 and a half years. But it was very worthwhile for my growth.

"Online interaction for temporary job placement"

Former Employee - Microbiology Lab Technician in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Microbiology Lab Technician in Greenville, SC

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kelly has broad resources to find jobs in the science field. A majority of the job search can occur online.

Cons

My job search was almost entirely online so I didn't have the option for an in-person consultation. I found the job via Kelly's online search engine- I didn't have help from a recruiter nor did I have the option to contact one

Advice to Management

Please provide more staff to meet with job seekers in person

9. "Awesome Placement and quick"

Pros

Got a temp job quickly

Cons

Not the job I wanted

10. "Temp worker"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Vallejo, CA
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Vallejo, CA

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lovely people at Kelly, greatly enjoyed working with them.

Cons

Many of the recruiters seem overworked. My recruiter did not know the extent of my responsibilities in the position

Advice to Management

Lighten the workload of recruiters so they can devote time to check in with the temps occasionally

11. "I've been impressed with the responsibility I get and the willingness of the managers to let me seek new parternships."

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

The people are knowledgable and ethical. The management welcomes advice from their employees to move the company forward.

Cons

Advancement is hard unless you are willing to move.