Kelly Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Kelly Services CEO George S. Corona
George S. Corona

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • no benefits with part time employment (in 119 reviews)

• Have to create work life balance for yourself (in 31 reviews)

1. "Run away while you still can"

Current Employee - T1 IOS Chat Agent Overnight
    Current Employee - T1 IOS Chat Agent Overnight

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-work from home
    -weekly pay
    -beats being homeless

Cons

-Unprofessional management with little to no experience in the positions they oversee.
    -Daily tech support issues either with the company provided hardware OR the employee software and guess what, you don't get paid for their mistakes. That's right! If their hardware or software fails to perform, you are not pay protected like most other jobs are.
    -No benefits until nine months.
    -Favoritism towards day shift agents by having nearly 1,000 agents staffed and only a 35% utilization, but overnights is 90-100% utilization, with 20+ chats waiting.
    -Constantly compared to day shift agents and asked why we perform differently on overnights than the agents do on day shift. Ummm, day shift is SEVERELY overstaffed and overnights is is SEVERELY understaffed. We work twice as hard as day shift, and given the time changes, we have a MUCH more diverse client base on overnights (most international and every country has different policies to follow vs day shift is mostly North America, with very modernized and much better policies to follow).
    -Taking two chat at once is bad enough. These people pay hundreds of dollars for their one Apple device and they don't even get the respect of a person giving them their full and undivided attention. Now blackout is coming around and you are making that even worse by making us take three chats at a time. You CLEARLY have never worked this position and it is highly offensive to put your loyal customers and employees through such a disrespectful and money hungry experience.
    -Surveys are opinion based, not fact based, and can affect your employment. Even if you do everything by the book and with an excellent level of professionalism, if a customer doesn't like the answer, they can give you a crap survey and that can ruin your metrics.

Advice to Management

-Stop ignoring the fact that overnight agents are understaffed.
    -Stop showing favoritism to day shift and share the wealth by evening out the agents working on each shift.
    -Stop pretending everything is so easy when you have never been a chat agent.
    -Become a chat agent on the overnight shift for one month and you will see how much you have disrespected us.
    -Upgrade the work computers and the VPN. The list of people who have lost income due to your inability to do this simple task is endless.
    -Don't make someone a chat team lead unless they have been a chat agent. No excuses! Phones is nothing like chat. Just because that person did great at phones, doesn't mean they can lead a team in chat. Chat is SOOOOOO much more work than phones.
    -Stop saying you can't battle surveys and actually stand up for your employees for once. Anyone with a kindergarten level education knows that surveys are NOT fact based and are completed on a person personal view of the event. Agents can do a chat by the book and have a great personality the entire time and still get a bad survey. We should NOT ever, for any reason, be responsible for that survey and it needs to be removed from the employees record.
    -You try going nine months without health insurance and let's see how happy you are.

2. "QA Technician"

Former Contractor - QA Specialist in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Contractor - QA Specialist in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. They seem to really care.

Cons

Contract ended. Have not found a new position with Kelly yet.

3. "Misleading Recruiting Practices for Contract to Hire Positions"

Former Employee - No Comment in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - No Comment in Houston, TX

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's paying the bills barely. Just a job while looking for career. Don't have really any pros to this company.

Cons

No Incentives, no bonuses, only 10 days vacation and 5 days sick time (pray you don't get anything serious that may require hospitalization or any extended time away); even contract is hourly although led to believe it was salary as that was the bill of goods they were selling (basically you don't get paid unless you record hours (nothing like salaried positions where you do not have to worry if the doc is running behind schedule); No jury duty pay (you have to use your vacation or sick time); it's just a job, not a career.

Advice to Management

Don't advertise positions as annual salary positions w/ contract to permanent hire when they are nothing more than a long term temp job that is hourly w/ no incentive to do anything more than than dread the job. Stop even offering insurance, your plan is worthless and way to expensive for what you pay.

4. "Apple Tech 1 technician"

Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Kelly Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home.There are literally no other pros other that after your 90 days getting a raise and 500 bonus.THATS IT!!

Cons

They are not nice people at all.I was recently removed from my position because of bereavement time that I was approved for! They approved me and then when I come back they are saying all kinds of things.it was a very difficult time for me with the passing of my Grandmother they didn't care about anything they just fired me!They are not good on time even if you are in school no matter what!! Your hours will not be changed!

Advice to Management

Learn how to work for your company!
    Get better management!
    Why have people working under someone if they never know anything!!!

5. "What a nightmare. I gave up a steady job for this and was evidently never eligible. Let go 2 weeks into employment."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Work twice as hard for half the pay and none of the benefits

Cons

Lied to fill a temporary problem, and ruined my financial well being without batting an eye in Shelbyvillle Kentucky.

Advice to Management

You shouldn't exist. Companies should hire people directly.

6. "Ignorance"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Kelly Services as a contractor

Pros

There is none to report.

Cons

The Rock Hill Office, those people don't even know your name you are just a paycheck to them and they are color blind.

Advice to Management

In order to get excellent people, raise your rates. Then maybe we will show up every day.

"a mess"

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Troy, MI

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working from home is good

Cons

can be marked for ncns even if you call in
    favoritism

8. "Misleading"

I worked at Kelly Services full-time

Pros

Good pay
    Lots of overtime

Cons

Wasn't what I applied for

9. "Great place for temp work"

Former Employee - Apple Senior Technical Advisor in Ashburnham, MA
    Former Employee - Apple Senior Technical Advisor in Ashburnham, MA

I worked at Kelly Services (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of the pros is experience and being able to work with top companies

Cons

Cons are the lack of ability for the company to follow procedure on warnings and final written warnings as they are to give by company policy

Advice to Management

i would highly recommend that HR follow these procedures or Staffing

10. "PRODUCTION"

Current Employee - Production in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Production in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a job thats about it

Cons

I never get paid on time the time clock doesnt work so I have to call them to tell them HEY I WORKED TODAY and when I do that I still dont get my paycheck when I call and say hey I never got paid they say oh sorry then I got to wait longer now because of there mess up

Showing 392 of 2,891 reviews