Kelly Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,206 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • no benefits with part time employment (in 113 reviews)

• Have to create work life balance for yourself (in 31 reviews)

1. "Indifferent"

Current Employee - Retrofit Planner in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Retrofit Planner in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kelly Automotive has a vast network of positions available so if you're competent and flexible they can find you a job pretty much anywhere. In the 5 years I've worked for Kelly Automotive Division I've had a number of good opportunities.

Cons

Pay is very low. Benefits are not good. Kelly account managers are often mediocre. Other contract houses usually have the ability for the company you're contracted at to buy out your contract whereas with Kelly Automotive you're stuck with no hope of a buyout. Morale suffers for it.

2. "Forklift operator"

Former Employee - Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Richmond, VA

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Certified forklift operator, all types

Cons

There is no cons just hard work

Advice to Management

Great with others,, little supervision

"Great way to gain experience"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Kelly, as a contractor for the U.S. Government, is a great way to gain experience, and build credentials for a job as either a permanent federal employee, or for going back to the private sector. The amount of experience varies, but in my experience, it has been a great way to gain valuable knowledge, skills, and experience.

The company offers decent benefits including non-deductible insurance plan (also provides vision and dental), paid leave (2 weeks of vacation, and additional 2 weeks of discretionary leave, which could be used for sick time, or personal time off), and generous 401k package (they contribute a set amount regardless of whether you contribute).

The Kelly Management Team is extremely friendly and do their best to be helpful in all situations.

There are cost of living adjustments, or increases, and they vary, but usually about 1.5% increases are the norm here.

Career development, and networking opportunities are offered almost quarterly. It is a good way for you to network and learn what others within Kelly are doing as contractors.

Cons

During the salary negotiating process, the office manager is extremely stingy with base salary, and will attempt to keep it as low as possible. My initial base salary offer was well below my skill and experience levels. My advice is to be patient and stick to the range of salary that you want, and eventually they will cave, but it took almost a month in my particular case to get my base salary as high as I wanted.

The annual leave doesn't roll over into the next year of service, so it is a use-or-loose situation.

Employees aren't eligible for merit increases until 18 months of service, which is unusual considering most companies offer it within a year of service.

The twice annual reviews that are conducted are extremely cookie cutter, and do not really evaluate your true performance or potential. They leave you wondering how you could specifically improve. Unless the person doing the review provides additional comments, you have very little clue as to how to provide better support services.

Sometimes the your job title that is selected is not always the best description for what you will actually be doing. This is a problem, because if you get a job title with a lower pay grade, it is almost impossible to get management to change it. Obviously, management wants to make as much money as possible for Kelly, but they will use bogus excuses to explain why such job descriptions were chosen.

The career development, and networking opportunities are a joke. I had my resume reviewed by someone that didn't really know anything about my field, or line of work. I knew more than she did about resume review, and interviewing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with being helpful and friendly during all interactions.

Need to do a better job with the specific job titles that are advertised, and not waste time during salary negotiations by offering low-ball base salary offers.

Hire real professionals to offer advice on resumes and career development opportunities.

4. "Lab tech"

Former Employee - Technician in Marysville, MI
    Former Employee - Technician in Marysville, MI

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They help get you into the door to get a full-time jo

Cons

They really dont care if you get a full-time job with benefits

Advice to Management

Want the best for your people even if it means them attaining full-time employment with benefits

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kelly Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organized, streamlined even though you're technically dealing with two companies at one time (temp work)

Cons

nothing worth reporting on this website.

6. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Teacher in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make your own hours.
    Paid weekly.
    You select the districts, schools and grades you teach.

Cons

You are in different places each day, so you don't really have a "home".

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

7. "In and out"

Former Employee - Compounding Chemist in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Compounding Chemist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Majority of the jobs they send you to are good paying jobs.

Cons

Will put you anywhere to may a buck off of you.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of putting the right people in the right fit for a continuing career.

8. "Kelly Services Review"

Current Employee - Reach Truck Operator in Fairburn, GA
    Current Employee - Reach Truck Operator in Fairburn, GA

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Site manager is very professional. They try their hardest to represent you positively in all situations. Listens and responds to all questions and concerns.

Cons

Haven't come across any yet. I enjoy both Kelly and Syncreon's work environment. They are very professional and promote a mature team environment.

Advice to Management

None. Keep doing what you are doing, and everything will continue to run smoothly

9. "HR/Program Specialist"

Current Employee - Human Resources/Program Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources/Program Specialist in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid weekly, time off earned is reasonable.

Cons

They don't seem very interested in the employees they higher.

Advice to Management

Back the employees that you have and work with them not against them

"Kelly Apple@Home"

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work at home. Not many other complaints. You can wake up and go to work in your pajamas. Not for everyone.

Cons

No flexibility. My mother passed away and I couldn't get to the computer to apply for bereavement leave. Even after speaking to my supervisor, it wasn't enough. I was terminated for no call no shows. Even though I had no way to apply for bereavement leave. Run far away.

Advice to Management

Have a little heart. Things happen and you need to plan accordingly for it. Just because someone doesn't have immediate access to their assigned PC- does not mean immediate reason for termination. Ridiculous.

Showing 2,206 of 2,775 reviews