KellyMitchell Group Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Pros
  • Great Experience, excellent work environment, faced paced job (in 7 reviews)

• Very understanding and easy to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • It was said by one of the C level employees: "there's no such thing is work life balance, work is your life (in 9 reviews)

• No cons, except when your contract ends (in 7 reviews)

1. "The KellyMitchell Group has been VERY good to me"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst (Contractor) in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst (Contractor) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

The KellyMitchell Group has placed me in my last four assignments for a total of 67 months (and continuing) of work starting in mid 2010.
    On the recruiting and placement side, at the end of each assignment, I have looked around outside, but KM has always come back with the best opportunity.
    Throughout the placement phase, the staff is ALWAYs good about generating ideas and keeping me informed of the status of opportunities.
    I appreciate their continuity:
    The recruiter that placed me in my first assignment in 2010 is still with the firm (and gotten a few promotions!)
    The recruiter that I have worked with since 2013 is also still there.
    Customer Service during on-boarding and after is also excellent. Emails and phone calls about any issue are returned promptly
    There have never been any glitches in benefits, time reporting or payroll processing.

Cons

If I have to provide a CON it might be: To provide the high level of service, their margins are probably a little higher than some cheaper placement companies, but I think it is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep the team motivated so they continue to provide great service.

"Just the Truth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group (More than a year)

Pros

At KellyMitchell you are expected to work really hard. Everyone in the organization is accountable to goals, numbers and growth. It can be really challenging, but it is also very rewarding. Uncapped commission is certainly a reason to wake up every day. Career opportunities are here - there a few clear paths, and management works with you to determine what's best for you. Your peers become your friends - there is an open door policy - and everything is really transparent. You always know what is expected of you and there are a lot of people there to make sure you can achieve it. I really enjoy working here. I work hard, have made great friends, and have watched my paycheck grow each month!

Cons

This can be a tough job, there is no doubt about that. Expectations are high because we don't want to just be good at our jobs - we want to be the best. There can be some long days - but you are never alone in them. Not everything goes your way as a recruiter - there are a lot of uncontrollable's - but the good days certainly make up for the long ones!

Advice to Management

Continue to teach, help us grow, and guide us to our next opportunities within KellyMitchell. I can't wait to see what is to come.

3. "Lots of growth opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having the ability to work hard and increase my pay checks every week is what motivates me day in and day out! We have clear career paths, and management does it's best to make sure you are doing work that aligns with your goals at KellyMitchell. The opportunity to grow financially and professionally at KellyMitchell is truly limitless. Uncapped commissions and an exceptional book of business creates so much opportunity. The workforce in Chicago is very dynamic and when everyone is in it for the same reasons with the same goals, it creates a very motivating and fun work place!

Training lasts for 90 days and it is a very focused, hands-on program. It's not classroom-heavy; a lot of it is working through the same processes your colleagues use and learning from hands-on experience and real work. Management ensures you have the tools and training to succeed.

Cons

Long nights are part of recruiting and sometimes working on the weekend might be necessary to hit goals. There are also so many things you can't control in this industry, sometimes it's easier to look at the negatives but rest assured, if you work hard and stay positive, the outlook is bright!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your recruitment force - they are the future of KellyMitchell and only want the best for themselves and the company!

"So much opportunity!"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

High energy, fast paced sales culture. Team support from top down, you want to come to work every day. New opportunities are always available, great place to work for those looking for a long term career if you are willing to put in the work and effort. Strong team building events, passion for both internal and external employees, clients.

Cons

Outside of just KM, the industry is tough, ultra competitive and there are many unpredictable factors that make this job hard. Not a company you are going to be able to hide in, accountability is expected day in and day out so if that's something that you aren't comfortable with this is not the right fit for you!

Advice to Management

Keep setting high standards and helping employees rise to the new bar, we want to keep growing!

"Best Decision I Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group (Less than a year)

Pros

KellyMitchell has been a great place to be as a young professional. Though this is my second post-grad job, there are many who come here to kick off their careers immediately after graduating and see a lot of success. So many members of KM upper management started themselves at KellyMitchell and have held a number of positions so they are great resources for what you need to do to succeed here. Beyond that, they are open to new ideas and suggestions to improve the company or our processes. The executive team is super involved in not only day-to-day operations but also the community as a whole and are incredibly accessible. Lastly, the best part of the company is how it balances work/life. Yes we work hard, but we also have a lot of fun. There's weekly happy hours, regular company outings and many people find friendships that exist outside of the office walls.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges of working for a large staffing firm is that when you read these reviews keep in mind that there are two types, employees that are internal and their consultants, who work for their clients. When I was first considering working at KM many of the consultant reviews threw me off but after working here its clear that they certainly aren't indicative of the culture within KM. What people do say about having to work hard, is certainly true but that's the same at almost any job especially in a sales type role, so that really shouldn't qualify as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! It's great to have such access to you and to continue to learn from you!

"KellyMitchell"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

KellyMitchell reached out to me and I started with four other recent graduates. They give a competitive base salary, which is a lot of their competitors do not – that was nice. They also had about two weeks of training, which was awesome. I didn’t know a whole lot about recruiting before going into it, and so it was a good period of time to feel comfortable with the industry speak. They seem to promote from within – at least three people moved into different positions while I was there. Management was very visible [in the office every day], and although we aren’t considered corporate headquarters, all of the C-Suite and VPs visited at least once or twice during my time there. So for as big as they are, you still got to know everyone. Everyone in the Chicago Office was pretty friendly – there wasn’t too much office drama / noise, and the culture was good… there are lots of fringe benefits… there is a keg in the office, they cater lunch monthly, and we had two office outings during my time there.

Cons

This job requires flexible hours. If you are trying to get a hold of a candidate that is currently employed, the best time to reach out might be after-hours. But if you don’t have flexibility or aren’t motivated by money, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Nothing but best wishes to everyone as KellyMitchell Group continues to grow. I value the time that I was able to spend there.

"Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Navigation Information Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Navigation Information Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gives you a lot of recognition and shows their appreciation for you in several ways, from correspondence from management, thank you emails, appreciation and celebratory lunches, team building events, etc.

Cons

You don't get to meet with management face to face a lot as they are headquartered in many states, but nonetheless they are all great people to work with/for! Benefits package regarding insurance for accidents/hospital/ER visits (specifically Humana/BayBridge Administrators) did not help out at all when it comes to medical emergencies. Had to pay everything out of pocket.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being a great company to work for.

9. "Navigation Information Analyst"

Current Contractor - Navigation Information Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Navigation Information Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My KellyMitchell Client Engagement Manager for Jeppesen in Denver is Michelle Nordstrom. Today (Thursday 11.3.16) my supervisors at Jeppesen wanted to take our team out to lunch as a thank you for performance. Long story short, it required KM to pay for the contractors lunch. Michelle jumped at the opportunity to participate in the thank you and used the time with us to draw closer and emphasize that she is there for any of our needs. She's been like that since the 1st day I met her, just before my Jeppesen interview. Michelle is a quality supervisor and a wonderful person.

Cons

I have no negative items to report.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people like Michelle Nordstrom!

"Recruiting Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative Company with a great opportunity for motivated individuals who want a solid career path. Upper Management is motivating and plenty of resources for a recruiter to be successful.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Self motivated young professionals should do well here.

Advice to Management

Continue to do Big Things!

"KellyMitchell -"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth and opportunities. KellyMitchell is continuously growing and opening up new opportunities within the team. During the 2 years that I have been with KellyMitchell, I have watched all of my senior colleagues grow their career. I think that management does a good job of working with their employees to set a career path. The opportunity to grow your career at KellyMitchell is there, and something to take advantage of.

Our work environment here at KellyMitchell is filled with eager professionals looking to grow their career. All of the Senior Recruiters are willing to help out new recruiters and show them the ropes. We also do fun work events to encourage team building. This job is individual based, but also on a team scale. The entire team does a great job of helping each other out so the team can meet their goal as well.

The job in itself – it is easy to forget about why you are recruiting, but every day we are helping other people land a new position. When you get a hire, everyone is very excited, but remembering why you’re here is what is really rewarding.

Cons

Very fast paced work environment. Things move very quickly at KellyMitchell and you need to be extremely detail oriented. Things can get lost in translation – so you need to make sure you are doing everything you can in order to avoid that
    There are a lot of uncontrollable factors when working in the staffing industry. That is what I have found to be one of the hardest parts about the job. You need to make sure that you are doing everything you can to control what we can control.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of keeping up with the recruiters. I can speak from my own experience that they never let a recruiter slip through the cracks. When I was struggling, they really worked 1 on 1 with me to help me succeed in this industry. The path for success is there, and just needs to be followed. If you keep up with the plan the management team sets out for you, you will be successful.