KellyMitchell Group Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated Nov 18, 2020

4.2
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford (no image)
Cassandra Sanford
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"GREAT OPPORTUNITIES + GREAT PEOPLE"

Current Employee - Senior Client Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Earning potential, growth trajectory, rewarded for hard work, fun/challenging incentives, great culture! I have been with KM for almost 2 years now - in this time I've been promoted twice from recruiter to CEM then to Sn CEM. I've made the annual sales incentive trip in Mexico! I've also learned SO much from leadership and team members. This industry is not always easy but with KM you are definitely rewarded. Being resiliant and looking at the positives goes a long way and can lead to great things for your career here. Leadership sets you up for success (especially during this pandemic). I was able to get promoted during a pandemic due to the hard work I put in and the leadership who noticed!

Cons

This industry is definitely revolved around the work you put in to it. Could be longer hours but it is worth it and rewarding when you see the outcome.

"great company, even better people"

Current Employee - Shared Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- amazing people + culture - supportive leadership team - growth opportunities - great benefits - work hard, play hard mentality

Cons

i have no cons to share

"Endless Growth, Laughs, Hard Work, and Passion"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

With no cap commission, fun activities, organized structure, and the want for success beaming throughout the company, KellyMitchell is a no brainer to work for. It comes with hard work and dedication, but anything is possible. Your growth opportunity is endless, goals are completely measurable and attainable, leadership is always there to guide you, and you really find a home here. Was promoted within less than a year based solely on my performance - not based on favorites. Highly recommend if you feel stuck at your current role to take the jump here!

Cons

No downsides to working at KellyMitchell!

"KM Changed My Life!!!!"

Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped commission $$$, supportive & dialed in upper management, work hard/play hard culture, GREAT group of people to work with!

Cons

The lows are low (in any recruiting/sales job) but the highs are SO high :)

"Competitive & Positive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After reading some of the recent reviews, I felt compelled to write something honest. I have been working at KellyMitchell for a while - and yes, this environment is competitive, it can be tough at times, and it will challenge you - but these are not negatives in my opinion. These are just a few of the reasons why I love it here. I joined KellyMitchell because I wanted the challenge. I wanted to change and grow personally and professionally and I wanted to be financially rewarded for my hard work. I can truthfully say all of these things have come true. As we continue to add to our team, we look for people who are just as motivated and driven to make these positive changes for themselves. IT recruiting and sales is hard and it's not for everyone - and that's okay. But that doesn't mean that KellyMitchell is not an amazing place to start your career if you are willing to work for it! I am proud to say that I work with a killer team that doesn't settle for anything less than the best.

Cons

Nothing to share right now.

"Bring it on!"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I took a leap of faith coming to KM from a long standing career and couldn't be happier about the decision. I did it because of the connection I had in my interviews and the reviews I saw on here ... so hopefully this review helps others! The culture here is great. They make sure to hire people that have the same drive as you. Keeps you motivated! The company is smaller but having a huge growth spurt ... you feel the impact that your role has. There is a lot of support from the director and VPs ... even the President and CEO. You feel the value of hard work. Take note - you get what you put in. The harder you work, the more it pays off. One review on here stated that and it couldn't be more true. I also read that this industry is pretty cut throat and this company makes it feel fun ... I also consider that to be very true!

Cons

Hard to think of any cons ... Since the company is growing so fast, I see some growing pains but nothing that can't be sorted out quickly.

Continue reading

"Don't listen to the naysayers"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a hard job and recruiting isn’t for everyone. People expect to work 8-5 and make 80k right off the bat. No, you have to work for it and you have to work a lot. So if that doesn’t sound appealing to you- go into another industry. I’ve had mostly positive experiences here. Management wants to see you succeed and they want to see you grow. Cassandra, the CEO, is inspiring, upbeat and personable. Mark, the President, is slightly more intimidating but extremely motivating. There is definitely a work hard, play hard mentality here which is great. But, like I said, expect to put in long hours to make money. Their system is in place for a reason – it works. If you follow the system, you’ll see success and you’ll be happier with your job in the end.

Cons

There is a lot of micromanaging - which is good for some people but not for all.

"Great company, so much opportunity!"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

Great people, great culture, unlimited potential to increase your take home-pay. It is a work hard, play hard mentality, but you actually have fun while you are working. The leadership is great – motivating and encouraging. Management is very hands-on and they definitely bring out the best in their employees. It’s an open door policy and they are always open to hearing how they can improve. This is not a job where you can slack, but it doesn’t take long to see your hard work pay off.

Cons

Growing and changing rapidly. If you aren't comfortable with change, probably not the place for you!

"Proud to be part of this team!"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

KellyMitchell truly is a great place to work. It is a place where hard work is rewarded, career opportunities are endless, and where there is constant support from your team members on every level. You are never unsure of what is expected of you and working hard really pays off! You can grow your salary drastically in a short amount of time. Leadership is continuing to work on different ways to reward the top performers in a way that motivates the rest of the team. There are team building meetings during the week to keep everyone motivated and on track. You grow close to your teammates because there is a strong culture and sense of community. We are constantly pushing each other and motivating each other. While everyone is an individual contributor, there is an overwhelming sense that you are a part of something bigger and everyone is working together to meet the goals of the organization!

Cons

There is a lot of pressure in every position - but good pressure. You can certainly feel that you are not alone in it and that everyone is in it together. With high pressure comes high reward!

"Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

No day is the same at KellyMitchell. It is pretty neat seeing that some of the highest levels of management communicate with the lowest level employees without even having met them. Executives constantly show they care, even with a fun inspirational quote sent out in the morning sometimes. Overall, the Executive team, they are all wonderful people. They have very much the work hard, play hard mentality and make sure that the Sales Team has that mindset as well. Everyone in the office is very sociable, open minded and offer help whenever they can. There is no greater feeling than extending a contract offer to a candidate, especially after you have been taught to build a rapport with them. The training is thorough and you are given a mentor that oversees you for the first year at KellyMitchell. They ask in one on one conversations what you are doing well and where you need help almost every week, constantly wanting you to learn and be better.

Cons

It saddens me that this is not a happy place to work anymore. It is pretty standard to receive an intense/borderline cutthroat message from upper management over activity, leaving "early" or not exceeding expectations. Employees are consistently worried if they will lose their job for not performing enough, after already feeling they are worked to the bone. Management whispers about you if you leave before 5:45 in the afternoon after coming into the office around 7:30 AM. Some employees mention they feel they are employed on a "day by day basis". It is very much do or die. With that being said, burnout is common at this company and I believe the reason is that there there is no work life balance. If you take PTO, you will still be expected to meet metrics given to you, some people find themselves working during their PTO just to make ends meet. What is the point of even taking the personal time off if you still have to work. Working from home is not an option. Sometimes it almost feels like you are punished for taking personal time off. That time is given to each employee but then there is push back or attitude when they want to spend a day out of the office. The hours can be very long, weekend work is required. I would say on average each recruiter works 50-60 hours a week, depending on their pipeline of candidates and job volume. Internally, all of KellyMitchell seems to be aware of the high turnover in Technical Recruiters and but doesn’t appear to try to go the extra mile to make sure that employees don't get burnt out. Not many people make it the one year mark. Seems to be a much higher priority to increase their book of business by the end of the month over how many people quit working here (or get fired) It really is the truth that you get out what you put in, but the base salary is a little low compared to competitors. The compensation for your book of business is great IF you get hires. You don't really know the potential of what you can make here until you start seeing your commission checks. And it isn't guaranteed when that will happen.

KellyMitchell Group Response

June 8, 2015Director of Organization & Talent Development

At KM we believe in continuous improvement and strive to be the best we can be. We recognize we aren't perfect and that's why we believe it's important to listen. Thank you for expressing your thoughts; they didn't fall on deaf ears.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews