KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

KellyMitchell Group

Engaged Employer

KellyMitchell Group

Add a Review

KellyMitchell Group Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated Nov 18, 2020

Found 16 of over 374 reviews

4.4
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder and CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KellyMitchell Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

GREAT OPPORTUNITIES + GREAT PEOPLE

Nov 18, 2020 - Senior Client Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Earning potential, growth trajectory, rewarded for hard work, fun/challenging incentives, great culture! I have been with KM for almost 2 years now - in this time I've been promoted twice from recruiter to CEM then to Sn CEM. I've made the annual sales incentive trip in Mexico! I've also learned SO much from leadership and team members. This industry is not always easy but with KM you are definitely rewarded. Being resiliant and looking at the positives goes a long way and can lead to great things for your career here. Leadership sets you up for success (especially during this pandemic). I was able to get promoted during a pandemic due to the hard work I put in and the leadership who noticed!

Cons

This industry is definitely revolved around the work you put in to it. Could be longer hours but it is worth it and rewarding when you see the outcome.

7 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Endless Growth, Laughs, Hard Work, and Passion

Nov 10, 2020 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

With no cap commission, fun activities, organized structure, and the want for success beaming throughout the company, KellyMitchell is a no brainer to work for. It comes with hard work and dedication, but anything is possible. Your growth opportunity is endless, goals are completely measurable and attainable, leadership is always there to guide you, and you really find a home here. Was promoted within less than a year based solely on my performance - not based on favorites. Highly recommend if you feel stuck at your current role to take the jump here!

Cons

No downsides to working at KellyMitchell!

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

great company, even better people

Nov 16, 2020 - Shared Services in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- amazing people + culture - supportive leadership team - growth opportunities - great benefits - work hard, play hard mentality

Cons

i have no cons to share

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

KM Changed My Life!!!!

Feb 5, 2020 - Client Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped commission $$$, supportive & dialed in upper management, work hard/play hard culture, GREAT group of people to work with!

Cons

The lows are low (in any recruiting/sales job) but the highs are SO high :)

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Land of Opportunity!

Oct 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your destiny is in your own hands at KellyMitchell! I have worked for KellyMitchell in a couple of different cities, and it has been a rewarding experience to watch this company grow and evolve over the years. KellyMitchell has been built around hard work and integrity, and the owners are truly passionate about their employees. The best thing about working for this company is knowing that you personally have a direct influence on the direction of where we are headed. We never know what’s around the corner here at KellyMitchell or what opportunities are going to present themselves, and we are always on the hunt for enthusiastic, bright minds who want to make an impact. You pave the way for yourself at KellyMitchell. Being successful means something different to everyone – and you have the ability to make your own version of success at KellyMitchell. It is a rewarding job, and a gratifying feeling to know that every ounce of work you put into it, you are helping to shape the future of KellyMitchell.

Cons

So much work - we are always in need of more people!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Proud to be part of this team!

Jul 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

KellyMitchell truly is a great place to work. It is a place where hard work is rewarded, career opportunities are endless, and where there is constant support from your team members on every level. You are never unsure of what is expected of you and working hard really pays off! You can grow your salary drastically in a short amount of time. Leadership is continuing to work on different ways to reward the top performers in a way that motivates the rest of the team. There are team building meetings during the week to keep everyone motivated and on track. You grow close to your teammates because there is a strong culture and sense of community. We are constantly pushing each other and motivating each other. While everyone is an individual contributor, there is an overwhelming sense that you are a part of something bigger and everyone is working together to meet the goals of the organization!

Cons

There is a lot of pressure in every position - but good pressure. You can certainly feel that you are not alone in it and that everyone is in it together. With high pressure comes high reward!

7. 5.0

Bring it on!

Mar 6, 2018 - Client Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I took a leap of faith coming to KM from a long standing career and couldn't be happier about the decision. I did it because of the connection I had in my interviews and the reviews I saw on here ... so hopefully this review helps others! The culture here is great. They make sure to hire people that have the same drive as you. Keeps you motivated! The company is smaller but having a huge growth spurt ... you feel the impact that your role has. There is a lot of support from the director and VPs ... even the President and CEO. You feel the value of hard work. Take note - you get what you put in. The harder you work, the more it pays off. One review on here stated that and it couldn't be more true. I also read that this industry is pretty cut throat and this company makes it feel fun ... I also consider that to be very true!

Cons

Hard to think of any cons ... Since the company is growing so fast, I see some growing pains but nothing that can't be sorted out quickly.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Competitive & Positive

Mar 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

After reading some of the recent reviews, I felt compelled to write something honest. I have been working at KellyMitchell for a while - and yes, this environment is competitive, it can be tough at times, and it will challenge you - but these are not negatives in my opinion. These are just a few of the reasons why I love it here. I joined KellyMitchell because I wanted the challenge. I wanted to change and grow personally and professionally and I wanted to be financially rewarded for my hard work. I can truthfully say all of these things have come true. As we continue to add to our team, we look for people who are just as motivated and driven to make these positive changes for themselves. IT recruiting and sales is hard and it's not for everyone - and that's okay. But that doesn't mean that KellyMitchell is not an amazing place to start your career if you are willing to work for it! I am proud to say that I work with a killer team that doesn't settle for anything less than the best.

Cons

Nothing to share right now.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company, so much opportunity!

Sep 30, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great culture, unlimited potential to increase your take home-pay. It is a work hard, play hard mentality, but you actually have fun while you are working. The leadership is great – motivating and encouraging. Management is very hands-on and they definitely bring out the best in their employees. It’s an open door policy and they are always open to hearing how they can improve. This is not a job where you can slack, but it doesn’t take long to see your hard work pay off.

Cons

Growing and changing rapidly. If you aren't comfortable with change, probably not the place for you!

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't listen to the naysayers

Oct 26, 2015 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a hard job and recruiting isn’t for everyone. People expect to work 8-5 and make 80k right off the bat. No, you have to work for it and you have to work a lot. So if that doesn’t sound appealing to you- go into another industry. I’ve had mostly positive experiences here. Management wants to see you succeed and they want to see you grow. Cassandra, the CEO, is inspiring, upbeat and personable. Mark, the President, is slightly more intimidating but extremely motivating. There is definitely a work hard, play hard mentality here which is great. But, like I said, expect to put in long hours to make money. Their system is in place for a reason – it works. If you follow the system, you’ll see success and you’ll be happier with your job in the end.

Cons

There is a lot of micromanaging - which is good for some people but not for all.

8 people found this review helpful