KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

KellyMitchell Group

Engaged Employer

KellyMitchell Group

Add a Review

KellyMitchell Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 12, 2021

Found 16 of over 374 reviews

4.4
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder and CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KellyMitchell Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Get it while it's hot!

Nov 10, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at KellyMitchell as a Technical Recruiter for roughly a year now and can say that it truly is a company on the rise! Within my time here, i have seen numerous career advancement opportunities present themselves, and with an ever growing client base of Fortune 500 companies, hard work is most certainly recognized. KellyMitchell's Executive management team is a dominant force to be reckoned with, and with a young, hungry team of recruiters- the sky is the limit!

Cons

Terrific Work-Life Balance, and a laid back yet hard working office culture!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0

Terrible

Nov 12, 2021 - Client Engagement Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros of working here.

Cons

No work life balance, terrible management, little training and not enough pay. I will I could give negative stars.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Would not recommend

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun culture and co workers

Cons

Micromanagement X10000 Very bad work/life balance Reward for doing well, more work put on your plate

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible company terrible job

Jan 27, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Lot's of social events

Cons

- horrible/inappropriate management - poor benefits and pay - terrible work life balance - bully tactics from management - a complete scam - forces employees to write good reviews

9 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Job

Nov 10, 2020 - Client Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

None really. You get to expense some things.

Cons

Poor management, no work-life balance. All they care about are numbers and meetings.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0

Stay far away!

Jan 31, 2020 - IT Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work there are the only way you make it through this job. The only fun part is the constant drinking with employees.

Cons

The turnover is so high for a reason. The management is very unprofessional. They put all stress on you as the lowest position in the company. They lie and tell you what you want to hear just to make THEM money. 0 work life balance. Come in early, work through lunch, stay after work late, work when you get home, and work on the weekends. Was convinced this place was not what I heard about and they showed true colors quickly.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Technical Recruiter

Apr 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, Managers, Free Beer/ food

Cons

Work/life balance, pay, high rate of turnover

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Save yourself the hassle, don't work here

Jun 20, 2017 - Technical Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are the biggest highlight by far. Fun atmosphere around the office.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement, the worst I've ever seen. Managers clearly play favorites as indicated by their conversations and interactions with subordinates. Expected to stay "as late as you need to" in order to hit your numbers so don't expect any kind of work/life balance. Have to pay to park every day which they conveniently leave out until you show up for your first day.

16 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee

Sausage Factory

Aug 23, 2016 - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment, innovative management..... LOL just kidding, no pros

Cons

Underpaid and underappreciated. In the span of 1 year I have seen 2 dozen of my colleagues come and go. It's a revolving door in and out of this place. It's horrible for morale. Most current employees want to get out but don't have the time outside of work to conduct a proper job search. There is no work life balance. Management is cruel, catty, and untrained. They have no idea how to manage Sales accounts let alone human beings. It's honestly a huge joke. No one stays more than a year or 2 and if you do, it's cause you're stuck.

25 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

KellyMitchell's pristine, green grass is actually turf. Fake and all for show.

Mar 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot working for KellyMitchell and gained a lot of valuable skills to take to another company. Since there is not a training program, you learn on the fly which forces you to work outside of your comfort zone and you learn a lot very quickly. I also truly enjoyed my coworkers and was happy to be able to collaborate with such lovely and hardworking people on a daily basis, including the other offices that you're branch is tied with.

Cons

The fall from grace at KM is hard and fast and turnover is extremely high. At some point, all recruiters are forced to write a positive review on glassdoor. When I was forced to write one, I was told to notify my manager so they could go on and make sure that it was acceptable. It was said by one of the C level employees: "there's no such thing is work life balance, work is your life." That may be true for some people when you're making 6 figures, but not for people who are working to just pay their rent. There's a huge focus on quantity over quality, which in the short term may pay off, but doesn't allow the recruiter to build real relationships with any of their current or prospective consultants.

29 people found this review helpful