Kelmar Associates LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA

Pros

Work-life balance and tremendous flexibility. Great culture, benefits and people

Cons

Industry changes, niche market, team structure

Advice to Management

Consistent and transparent message to the workforce regarding long-term stability and vision for the future.

In growth periods, recruit from varied colleges and universities rather than continuously going to the same locations

2. "Won't stay here much longer"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a candy bowl when you walk in. Every time you go to the bathroom you can grab candy, some times I grab a whole handful!

Cons

I'm not really going to list them. The other reviews all said a lot already...not much more I could add

Advice to Management

The way you treat people really affects how much they enjoy work. Just keep that in mind. A lot of people feel under appreciated and are aware of the things said behind their backs about them personally and professionally.

"All around mediocre company and miserable job"

I worked at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros to working here were the flexible hours, the work was easy for what the pay was and working over 40 hours per week was never necessary and it is in a good location with a lot of food options close by. There is a good work life balance, and that is what they promote about the job because it is really the only redeeming quality.

Cons

There is an overwhelming amount of cons to working here. The pay was good for the work that is asked for the position, but for an entry level position coming out of college, the pay is not great. The very few skills that you learn at this job are not transferable to other jobs, as the the audits Kelmar performs are very unique and not to mention have recently been unsuccessful (if you research Kelmar, you will find that they are having some legal trouble for their practices and interpretation of laws). Due to the lack of recent success with their audits, Kelmar has been laying people off, so why they would hire anyone makes no sense. There is little to no room for growth, and in the event that an employee does stick around to get promoted (at least 3 years) the promotion is not worth it at all, as there is barely an increase in pay or responsibilities. In reality, all a promotion does is change the job title. The culture there is terrible, especially for younger people. All upper management are professionals who are out of touch with their employees, and quite frankly do not treat the employees well at all. For a small company in need of people with such specific skill sets, they treat all employees as is they are very replaceable. I spent over a year working here, as I didn't want to leave without finding a new job, and I spent a lot of time looking because I wanted to make sure I found the right job, and that I would never be as miserable as I was at Kelmar, but in hindsight I wish I just walked out of the door much sooner and saved my self the torture. I would only recommend accepting a job here if you are desperate or if you are looking for an easy job to get benefits, with no stress, no opportunity for growth and no career development.

Advice to Management

I worked at Kelmar for over a year and it was just miserable. It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I quit almost a year ago, and I was on glassdoor and decided I wanted to take the time to write this review, that is how much I despised it and the upper management there. Along with all the Cons of the job itself, I don't even agree with that the company does and I wish I left much earlier.

4. "Associate"

Former Employee - Associate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting point for accounting/auditors. Friendly environment.

Cons

Skills not really applicable to other auditing jobs.

5. "Audit Associate"

I worked at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Startting salary is pretty decent out of college. People working there are nice.

Cons

Not much transparency from management at all. Work itself gets very repetitive. Associates do not get much credit for work they do. Year-end bonus is kind of a joke.

Advice to Management

Would be nice as an Associate to know what your work directly led to and actually feel like you were an integral part of an audit.

6. "Audit Associate"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

management is very flexible and accommodating toward employees, work/life balance is pretty good

Cons

audit progression can be slow, esp. during the summer leaving less work for teams, office environment is dominated by cubicles

7. "Good company to work for but not many opportunities to move up."

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment and work life balance. Everyone is very friendly. Free fruits, coffee, and tea.

Cons

Niche market. Skills are somewhat hard to transfer. Manager to associates ratio is too low.

Advice to Management

Allow more opportunities for associates to work from home.

8. "pros/cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Kelmar Associates LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly work environment, brand new office

Cons

not much room to move up the ladder

9. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Glen Mills, PA
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Kelmar Associates LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company and employees to work with

Cons

Small company, not lots of room for advancement

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Associate in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Associate in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Kelmar Associates LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are treated well and there is ample opportunity to grow.

Cons

There are so many managers that there becomes a tad bit of micromanaging.

Advice to Management

n/a