Kelsch associates Reviews in Westville, NJ | Glassdoor

1. "resident aide"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westville, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westville, NJ

I have been working at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

love to work with people and to help them

Cons

long working hours but ok if your used to it

Advice to Management

nones

2. "2nd Shift RA"

Former Employee - Residential Aide Second Shift in Westville, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Aide Second Shift in Westville, NJ

I worked at Kelsch associates (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent especially with the bi-weekly bonus. Greatest blessing was finding another job and leaving.

Cons

Upper Management had favorites and everyone else, according to the guy who owns the company, were "replaceable". And they treat you just like that. Forget having a life if your 2nd shift.
    The bi-weekly and yearly bonuses have been taken away. After 18 months of employment your pay rate stays the same (if you continue the same job title and shift)
    They accept residents who don't need to be there and push them on their employees just to collect a check from the state.

"Richest salary structure / Poorest treatment of employees!"

Former Employee - Residential Aid in Westville, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Aid in Westville, NJ

I worked at Kelsch associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay
    Biweekly bonuses
    Yearly certifications / training in CPR & first aid

Cons

Horrible treatment of staff
    Draconian disciplinary actions for any mistakes
    Confusing and contradictory job regulations

4. "RA"

Current Employee - Residential Program Worker in Westville, NJ

Pros

None. I left was the only thing positive

Cons

Should be reported and shut down.

Advice to Management

I'm calling internal affairs

5. "THE WORST OF THE WORST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD....."

Current Employee - Relief Manager in Westville, NJ
    Current Employee - Relief Manager in Westville, NJ

I have been working at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE.......RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Cons

I wish I could do a documentary on this company and how they treat their residents and employees. If your not Janice or Betsy;Tom Kelsch is not listening to a word anyone has to say. He is rude and has been known to say that all his staff is expendable and proud to be known as the company with a revolving door. The residents suffer because the RA's are always pulled to unknown area and all times of the night for 18 hrs shifts and the managers are then made to write them up if they make a mistake because they were too tired and misspelled a word. The object of the Kelsch world is to pin everyone against everyone. If you befriend someone they immediately have you removed. NO appreciation>>>>> They work you like animals and take your bonus every week. Within the company the staff must maintain emotionless or again get written up. if the office losses something......guess who gets written up....YOU. I can write a novel on this company. I have never in my life worked for such a dysfunctional, emotionless, unorganized and heartless company like Kelsch. I can not wait to be gone with the wind.......

Advice to Management

25 Cents......Don't do me any favors

6. "Pays better than anyone else in the industry, for a reason"

Former Employee - Resident Aid in Westville, NJ
    Former Employee - Resident Aid in Westville, NJ

I worked at Kelsch associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well. Pretty easy work.

Cons

Bad management. Residential managers are required to make so many write-ups a week regardless of program size. Irregular hours.

7. "Don't Work Here...Run! Been here for 2 months and I am Quitting!"

I have been working at Kelsch associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Good Relationship With Other RAs

Cons

Crazy, unexpected work hours. They do not want you to have a life of your own. They expect you to live your life around the residents schedule. One day they schedule you from 1:30p-12:00a... Then another day you will be scheduled for 6a-3:30p. Oh and you must come in even on your day off if you have a staff meeting. If you are 4 minutes late regardless of traffic, car problems, emergency, they will write you up. If your shift ends at 12am and a resident is admitted into the hospital at the same time you must stay regardless of any responsibility you have at home, or they will write you up for abandonment of job. They throw tons of assignments on you and they give you tons of paper work to do without going over the ways to correct them. They are quick to write you up instead of explaining what you did wrong or giving you a chance to fix it. Worse job I ever had in my life. Oh and don't try to get in touch with any supervisors because you have to call the main office and tell the receptionist all your personal business and if she finds it necessary for your supervisor to know, she wants you to write down your problem no matter how personal, and fax it over. Even if you are bleeding to death and the supervisor is sitting in the office they will not put you through. Very unprofessional and disrespectful office workers. They do not care about the welfare or safety of employees thèy just want a body around to do labor work.

Advice to Management

Slavery is over... You can't treat your employees like they are animals and they must jump when you tell them to. You need to give RAs more credit and praise. We have to clean up poop and throw up all day, not to mention we are exposed to a lot of dangerous elements such as tuberculosis. Train your managers to stop writing up employees especially new ones when they do something wrong especially when it is the managers job to make sure the employees understand what they are doing. We are human beings not just employees, one day this company is going to find themselves in the middle of a big lawsuit!