Kemp "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Kemp Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Feb 5, 2018

4.7
Kemp CEO Ray Downes
Ray Downes
Pros
  • "Kitchen is stocked with food, good work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "The management cares about individual needs so it becomes very easy to create work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 7 reviews)

• "I have no cons that I can think of(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Work Place"

Current Contractor - Product Research Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Kemp for more than a year

Pros

KEMP is amazing company to work at. The management cares about individual needs so it becomes very easy to create work-life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Kemp2017-06-01
  2. "Pleasant place to work"

I worked at Kemp full-time

Pros

They provide a good work life balance

Cons

while managers are generally nice people, they cant really stick to a strategy for any length of time.

Kemp2018-02-05

"Not bad, could be better"

I worked at Kemp full-time

Pros

Good benefits, PTO is excellent. Overall good work life balance. The people you work with are very helpful and assist when needed. SE's are very knowledgeable and will assist on calls, WebEx and onsite customer meetings. CEO is a good guy.

Cons

Training for sales reps are too high level. They need to focus on how the reps can sell the product without getting too detailed oriented. Some micromanaging, sales reps at HQ have very little autonomy unless you work remotely than it's a free for all. Job can get very monotonous at times. It's a good gig for a few years then it's time to move on. Management cares more about how many calls you make instead of focusing on building relationships with customers and resellers. Morale is always very low and KEMP does nothing to improve it.

Advice to Management

Allow sales reps at HQ to travel, give them autonomy. Care about the well being of your sales reps. Trust them.

Kemp2017-09-17
  4. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Kemp full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and working environment is warm and friendly. Open communication to management and exec team. Management pushes you to grow. Really like the work-life balance.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the same direction

Kemp2016-11-03
  5. "Couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Kemp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Watching your work make a real impact/seeing the direct results of your work is very satisfying. You are given freedom and autonomy and a feeling that you truly own your role/work. KEMP has a very flexible environment which aides work life balance and all levels of management are easily accessible. Probably for me the most important thing of all though is working for a company with a solid product and strong growth as this means the scope of your role is constantly changing along with creating more opportunities to grow professionally. Great benefits.

Cons

Nothing immediately comes to mind. At any rapidly growing company there are plenty of newly created roles and functions which often mean creating/building these from scratch. Some people may prefer to move into existing roles with established processes however on the flip side many enjoy the challenges of establishing/building their own business unit or function and owning those from Greenfields. I am the latter and am excited by the chance to build something from scratch so I do not consider this a negative.

Kemp2014-03-26
  6. "Excellent work/life balance, great people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Kemp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/life balance, permanent personal/career/salary progression, friendly atmosphere, benefits, good strategic direction of the products

Cons

Really cannot find any maybe just not enough parking spaces directly in front of the building

Kemp2017-02-02