Kemper Customer Service Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Joseph P. Lacher, Jr.
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance seems to be on par with every other carrier I have worked for" (in 17 reviews)

• "They also offer a competitive 401k plan and good benefits for employees" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "really horrible upper management - they do not care about you" (in 18 reviews)

• "High turnover (probably for the reasons I just mentioned)" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Customer Service Specialist I"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Moosic, PA

I have been working at Kemper full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, very accommodating, great benefits , all around great company

Cons

benefits are a little expensive

Advice to Management

Great job!

Kemper Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thanks! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at Kemper.

"30 Day New Hire Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Moosic, PA

I have been working at Kemper full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was easy and everyone I've met are so friendly. I'm currently working in the Moosic Call Center and really feel at home here. The training is extensive and very through. I've never worked in a call center before so that was something I was really worried about going into it, but I feel confident that I will be able to service the Kemper customers.

Cons

Only downside I can think of is the few tech issues, they had with getting our credentials before we were hired. My group and myself didn't start until a month after our interview ( for me this wasn't a problem because of my previous job and I needed the extra time ), but this might be a serious concern for someone who needs a job right now.

Advice to Management

N/A

Kemper Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Brand Manager

Kemper is always open to learning of ways we can improve, so thank you for sharing your experience.

"customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Kemper full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pay, benefits, everyone in the dept (excluding supervisors & above) work well together as a family unit

Cons

Horrible work environment. Call center metrics are more important than employees. No empathy for employees. Treat staff like children, office environment is like a kindergarten. If you are not a "favorite" of an manager expect nothing positive. No direction for the company, can not cherry pick your customers. No room for advancement. Employees stressed to the max & overworked. Ridiculous quality program in which meaningless metrics are more important than if the customer was correctly helped & a positive customer experience. Always paranoid about who will be fired next. Poor training, employees learn as they go trial by fire with limited beginning knowledge. Supervisors will refuse to help when a customer issue is escalated.

Advice to Management

Employees are not expendable slaves. Upper management should try doing our job for a week to understand the intense stress applied. Show a little care & concern to your employees and you may earn some respect. Do not tell employees that if one has concerns about the job "that you are not forced to work here and can leave at anytime" instead of trying to listen to the employees concerns.