Kemper Programmer Reviews | Glassdoor

Programmer

4.1
Joseph P. Lacher, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance seems to be on par with every other carrier I have worked for" (in 17 reviews)

• "They also offer a competitive 401k plan and good benefits for employees" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "really horrible upper management - they do not care about you" (in 18 reviews)

• "High turnover (probably for the reasons I just mentioned)" (in 9 reviews)

"Great place to work, as long as the company stays in business."

Former Employee - Programmer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Kemper full-time

Pros

Competitive Salaries. Welcoming atmosphere. Knowledgeable colleagues who are always willing to help you out. Plenty of time to work on each project. Very reasonable deadlines. A lot of advance notice given about company restructuring. Genuinely cares about the well-being of their employees. Eight hour days with flexible hours. Many learning opportunities.

Cons

Currently going through a lot of company restructuring. Jobs are not very secure right now. This is a small Insurance company that is unable to compete with giants like Geico, Progressive, etc. Doesn't allow for much upward mobility.

2. "Unitrin Direct was a great place to work and I learned a lot there."

Former Employee - Programmer
    Former Employee - Programmer

Pros

It was a great work environment and the teamwork was excellent perhaps because they didn't outsource and kept the jobs in-house.

Cons

The only downside for me was the commute as the office is located around a Mall with lots of major roads, which is good, but it was always too congested.

Advice to Management

I always thoughts that Management did a good job with creating a nice place to work and allowed for new technologies to be used for new projects.