Kemper Property Claims Adjuster Reviews | Glassdoor

Property Claims Adjuster

2.3
Joseph P. Lacher, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance seems to be on par with every other carrier I have worked for" (in 17 reviews)

• "They also offer a competitive 401k plan and good benefits for employees" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "really horrible upper management - they do not care about you" (in 18 reviews)

• "High turnover (probably for the reasons I just mentioned)" (in 9 reviews)

1. "AWESOME COMPANY"

Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Kemper full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work/home balance is honestly the best

Cons

I haven't come across any

Advice to Management

You guys are GREAT

Kemper Response

Jun 2, 2017 – Brand Manager

Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you as a part of the Kemper team.

"Property Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Kemper full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some real talented, experienced people working at the adjuster level and in lower management. My leader is probably one of the best I've worked for, and that is within any industry/job I've held. He is a walking claims encyclopedia and will fight for you.

The office is decent, quite, albeit very small.

Standard assortment of benefits. 401k, health, dental etc. PTO seems to accrue quickly.

Cons

I hate to focus on the bad, but here goes.

This place can be great, but right now, it is not. Not enough staff to handle the amount of workload. And the volume is not crazy or anything, its more of the tedious, laborious, amount of administrative work. No bulk billing for vendors we use often, so get ready to issue payments to everybody. Uploading documents to a claim file one by one by one by one...
    You are usually so encumbered by all of the small things needed to get a file to completion, that you barely have time to write an estimate, review one of the, literally, thousands of policy forms and endorsements in order to make accurate coverage decisions, or return the multitude of phone calls you receive. Hey. You know that claim from 2015 that was reassigned to you in order to reissue an escheated check,? Yea, that goes against your time to first pay metric. Excuse me?! This isn't something that your front line folks need to handle.

The systems we are currently using are nightmares, and there has not been a 2 week stretch where one or more has not had a bug or worse.

Advice to Management

I know that most of our middle management have come from several different companies, and all are beating their chests to become the "guy", which is fine. But don't expect caviar and foie gras, when you give us spoiled milk and a box of Hamburger Helper to cook with.

I really want to like this place.

3. "So far - so good"

Current Employee - Property Claims Adjuster in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Kemper full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easygoing atomosphere, process improvements are recognized. Claim volume is fair for pay

Cons

Reassignment of claims is done often and is very hard to manage and follow
    Manual processes create delays and slows production
    New hire training needs improvement

Advice to Management

Review reassignment process and strategy
    Create new hire program
    Invest in upgrade to technology to reduce manual processes

Kemper Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Brand Manager

Welcome aboard - we are glad to hear you find that process improvements are recognized, and will look into all of your feedback. Thank you.