Kenan Advantage Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Dennis Nash

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay scale compared to the national average (in 7 reviews)

• Most of upper management has company housing in OH as they live in other states (in 6 reviews)

1. "Like buying an entire album for one great song, just to find the rest sucks"

Former Employee - Terminal Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Terminal Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very solid driver on-boarding process and initial training program.

Large acquisition of new power units in 2015-2016.

Driver focused.

Cons

Lack of clearly defined processes. Zero training for operations personnel. Everything is handed down via tribal knowledge.

OLD trailers. Lot of scrap iron running up and down the highways. Leads to unreliable service, increased maintenance costs, and unnecessary safety risks.

Corporate office is gorgeous, yet you fail to invest in your terminals where your "valuable" employees work.

Senior management of the Specialty Products Group failed to honor commitments for facility improvements and dispatcher training.

Advice to Management

I got the feeling management thought people are not important. Focus on supporting the field operations. Follow through on commitments.

2. "Mechanic"

Current Employee - Mechanic
    Current Employee - Mechanic

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company overall very flexible and will go out of way to help you

Cons

Just like any other place management need to get there head out of there you no what they would step over a dollar to get 10¢

3. "Employee"

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been employed by KAG for sixteen years. This is by far the best company I've ever worked for. They are honest and transparent and sincerely care about their employees. I'm very thankful to have found a home with such a great company!

Cons

No company is perfect, but I honestly can't say there's anything negative I can say about KAG. They are fighting hard for their people in a tough business he environment.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the men and women that make KAG the great company that it is!

4. "poor management and training"

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time

Pros

trucks are in good condition

Cons

poor pay poor scheduling/dispatch crap safety department its always the drivers fault

Advice to Management

get better training for employees

"Safety Assistant - Talent Acquisition Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good stepping stone for a future role but not meant for a long term career. You will be exposed rapidly to a lot of different responsibilities and skills to enhance your chances for development and roles outside of the company. If you like bigotry, nepotism, oppression and a degrading dogmatic dictatorship management style - this is the place for you. Benefits are okay.

Cons

Oppressive, degrading, discriminatory against the handicapped, gay people, union workers and people with blemishes on their background checks that have no bearing on the position at hand. Lack of respect for opposing views, beliefs or life styles. Leadership that abides by humiliation and favoritism with a "mean girls" mentality that disrupts the flow of productivity of the entire group.

Advice to Management

To help lessen the turnover rate (which is extremely high) they must recognize the incredible talent within the Safety department and give them the respect, growth and compensation they deserve while stopping the favoritism that only creates a division of the department. As a very important function of the business the people within the department do not deserve to be degraded or made to feel worthless and inadequate both behind closed doors and in front of a conference room filled with the department.

6. "Driver"

Current Employee - Tanker Driver in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Tanker Driver in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Schedule. that's it no more none that's all. Don't have 20 words to express the pros. Sorry, nothing more to say.

Cons

Crap pay. High liability. Hard to get time off. Follow safety and directions always until we need you not to.

Advice to Management

Quit going to self help seminars and get in touch with your drivers

7. "Safety"

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

On-site cafeteria and gym, company picnic and HOF festivities.

Cons

Little room for advancement, minuscule raises.

8. "Former Driver Does Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Petal, MS
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Petal, MS

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Home time and vacation pay

Cons

Can't get paid for runs made

Advice to Management

Remember that drivers are the backbone to this operation. Hire experienced professional drivers, not these rookies that don't know how to handle hoses and gauges.

"Seniority and loyalty mean nothing"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

home time benefits nice people

Cons

new hires are getting the higher paying dedicated freight, drivers that have been here longer get the left overs and low pay freight, too much playing favorites hiring friends that screw up and get away with it and get the good freight. Payroll is always messed up hourly pay is low

Advice to Management

fix payroll and equal out what all the freight pays. Be fair don't let people play favorites

"Petroleum Delivery (Jet)"

Current Employee - Petroleum Delivery in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Petroleum Delivery in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked how we were treated when Kag first took over our company. I enjoyed everyday going to work.

Cons

After a Tib/Fib break in my left leg at work at Boeing Field Seattle. Kag was there for me. Except post surgery L&I and Kag Conspired together for Kag to offer me a degrading $11.00 Night Watch job (However, I was not done with my medical issues and surgery, nor was I allowed to finish my Vocational Rehab, only to be cut loose to work for Kag, by my Surgeon that stopped my rehab/therapy! I was not done with surgery to my painful knee. After Kag stopped my benefits for not taking the job as my Medical Issues were not completed. After the benefits were stopped, L&I continued to work with me to FINISH My Surgery I should have gotten before my benefits were stopped. L&I and Kag Ripped me off of my benefits that are NOW up to over $21,000 Kag Owes Me for Retro Pay! (Kag has not addressed the $21,000+ Kag owes me since my Claim Was Reopened) My claim that was closed for an old IME report, however, reopened after I protested a letter to L&I regarding medical work I Still Needed. Then I was ok'd for my surgery I needed.
    Kag screwed me over to stop my benefits.. There was no need to shortcut my Claim, which is what KAG did to me for my loyal service!! I'm disgusted with those in the Office at Kag!!

Advice to Management

Don't screw over employees that get hurt on the job! Have the integrity you Display to The Public about Kag is about!!