Kenan Advantage Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dennis Nash

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay scale compared to the national average (in 6 reviews)

• Just a bad company to work for unless you know someone in upper management or are related to someone up there in the upper offices (in 5 reviews)

"Petroleum Delivery (Jet)"

Current Employee - Petroleum Delivery in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Petroleum Delivery in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked how we were treated when Kag first took over our company. I enjoyed everyday going to work.

Cons

After a Tib/Fib break in my left leg at work at Boeing Field Seattle. Kag was there for me. Except post surgery L&I and Kag Conspired together for Kag to offer me a degrading $11.00 Night Watch job (However, I was not done with my medical issues and surgery, nor was I allowed to finish my Vocational Rehab, only to be cut loose to work for Kag, by my Surgeon that stopped my rehab/therapy! I was not done with surgery to my painful knee. After Kag stopped my benefits for not taking the job as my Medical Issues were not completed. After the benefits were stopped, L&I continued to work with me to FINISH My Surgery I should have gotten before my benefits were stopped. L&I and Kag Ripped me off of my benefits that are NOW up to over $21,000 Kag Owes Me for Retro Pay! (Kag has not addressed the $21,000+ Kag owes me since my Claim Was Reopened) My claim that was closed for an old IME report, however, reopened after I protested a letter to L&I regarding medical work I Still Needed. Then I was ok'd for my surgery I needed.
    Kag screwed me over to stop my benefits.. There was no need to shortcut my Claim, which is what KAG did to me for my loyal service!! I'm disgusted with those in the Office at Kag!!

Advice to Management

Don't screw over employees that get hurt on the job! Have the integrity you Display to The Public about Kag is about!!

2. "Don't do as they say Poor equipment"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Beaumont, TX

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was on salary,lots of hometime.

Cons

Offered sign on bonus feom recruiter then did not receive. Did not receive quarterly bonus as agreed.poor equipment. Broke down all the time. Communication is difficult at best.

Advice to Management

Pay out what is offered,take old trucks out of service.

3. "Forced to find another job"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Apex, NC
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Apex, NC

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pro

Cons

Pay, equipment, everything is old , driver's do whatever they want. The art of management at kenan is how they can rip off their own employees.

Advice to Management

Was forced to quit because I have a family to support. And management don't care as long as they look good. You are losing good drivers because of pay. Maybe Dennis Nash should review his position and not worry about the president. Start making your company a better place to work

5. "Mechanic"

Current Employee - Mechanic in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have a job the shop Forman is easy to work with and understands if you have issues and is willing to show you how to fix the problem rather than just telling you how

Cons

Where do I start pay sucks upper management doesn't know what their doing our shop Forman has saved their butts on more than one occasion just to get griped out from upper management and never says a word a many of nights he came in and did road calls for free just to keep your trucks rolling I know of at least 20 times he has done this to get nothing in return and he is back in here first thing in the am every day that is sorry on your behalf you should take care of the guys that take care of you cause let's be honest guy like him are hard to come by and if he leaves you will probably never find another one like him and pay and train guys in the shop better give them something that makes them want to come in to work just be glad I'm not your shop Forman cause I would i have left and through everyone under the bus director of maintenance and terminal manager there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians stop being cheap

Advice to Management

Try paying your mechanics better I know we work hard to keep your trucks rolling and pay the lead mechanic or shop Forman more so they don't leave because to be honest if our shop Forman leaves we are following him he the only reason I haven't quit yet quit lying and saying your going to do and show us something to make us want to stay here

6. "Low pay"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good benefits company wide.

Cons

Old equipment. Low pay. Poor management

7. "Safety Department great opportunity, but may not prepare you for your future"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Canton, OH

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to make friends, there is a cafeteria, you can take work out classes during lunches.

Cons

You may experience favoritism, may not prepare you for a specific career, not for you if you don't want to sit at a cubicle all day and take phone calls.

8. "Very honest review of kag from a driver experience"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly there is no pros being driver.

Cons

Low pay. Terrible benifets. Old junk equipment. Maintenance is terrible. Work is getting scarse.mamagers that have no clue about the business and dont care about drivers.double standard for discipline. Dispatch is clueless as they are losing dispatchers due to horrible work conditions. Managers saftey guys and other drivers lie cheat and steal the company and get away with it all as the corporate attitude is they back other management.if you are a whinner and cant do the job youre hired to do as a driver. They will cator to you without hesitation. Working nights you have no work to life balance. Not having holidays off unless it falls on your scheduled day off. Including christmas and new years.if you hire in as a driver and you can stay here working you will retire as a driver.they will say you can advance. As in the past afew did. Present day no chance to advance.know 20 year drivers that are still drivers and make the same amount of money as a guy hired off the street.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone under Bruce blaze and start over. Managers should be working at kag cause they can manage. Not because they are married into the family of another employee. Claims and damages wouldnt be so costly if you actually hired people that can do the job and not hire people that need trained 4 times the normal company training period. Before making policy maybe go out in person and see how those policies translate in thebreal world not in your cushy multi million dollar n canton office. Claims are so high cause some drivers get chance after chance while other drivers get railroaded cause they express issues going on in the company. Nash is a great business man. Bruce blaze is a strong foundation as a leader. Everyone below them need put on the unemployment line and replaced with actual people that can make this company successful not drive it into bankruptcy.

9. "Project Manager ELOG"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sherman, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sherman, TX

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very large company with opportunities all over america.

Cons

The managers there need some more training.

Advice to Management

Talk and communicate more.

10. "Company Driver"

Current Employee - Company Driver in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Company Driver in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company gave me a shot without having experience in therror petroleum industry in which I'm forever grateful

Cons

The equipment could be more up to date but it's not an issue just a personal option bit well maintained

Advice to Management

My supervisor Brian Marcocullier is down to earth and a great great guy to work for. Any issues I've had they were addressed an taken care of.

11. "Good entry level, slow advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Massillon, OH

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In house cook and cafeteria. Gym with small basketball court. Very festive during the holidays. Mostly acceptable benefits.

Cons

Company is growing but they are not replacing vacant spots. Causes extra stress. Only 2 weeks vacation until you finish 10 yrs. No personal days aside from 2 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging to your employees about seeking advancement in the company; they hear of more openings than average employee.