Kenandy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Kenandy CEO Charles Berger
Charles Berger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome company to work at"

I worked at Kenandy full-time

Pros

level headed, smart people who share knowledge

Cons

sometimes cliques form, but dissolve quickly

2. "Dead as a door nail"

I worked at Kenandy full-time

Pros

The people on my team were great.

Cons

Unfortunately the company was mismanaged and is a textbook case on how to to manage venture funding.

Advice to Management

Retire.

"mehh"

I worked at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not a whole lot there at end. They fired sales leadership and Sales engineering leadership, which made everybody really happy, but ultimately it didnt matter.

Cons

Was a pretty cool place to work until, contrary to what he said in the news, Pat, the CEO of Rootstock, bought us, and fired almost everybody the next day.

Particularly how it was handled. They would bring an entire group in to a conference room, call a few names, and tell those people they were safe and could go back to work. Once those few lucky folks left the room, they would tell the rest of the people they were fired and hand them a blue folder. People with pending visa statuses had to leave the country, there was no notice, because during the companywide announcement held a couple weeks before, we were told that Rootstock thought we had such a strong team that they were going to keep everybody, and nothing would change. Our HR people were crying as they had to fire everybody on the spot in such a cruel way. Their final checks were held hostage if they did not agree to do all the firing so Rootstock didnt look bad.

I think this shows not only a lack of compassion for peoples livelihood, but also a true testament to how woefully inexperienced and unprofessional the team over at Rootstock is.

We all ready the articles the next day where the CEO of Rootstock talked about how excited he was to bring Kenandy into the fold and work with such an amazing team. He then when on to talk about how he really didnt have to let anyone go because of how great we were. This was obviously a ridiculous lie. So that was kind of a bummer.

4. "Worth working with company"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment. everyone is helpful in case of technical difficulties. Very talented folks around.

Cons

I really enjoy working with this company so no cons as of now

Advice to Management

Be transparent to employees since this is small scale company.

"Some of the best people have left company.....voluntarily or otherwise"

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product, hot space, brilliant minds, expert CMO.

Cons

Senior Sales Management, Consulting and Implementation Issues.

Advice to Management

Revamp Senior Sales & Consulting......losing deals due to Epicor contingent. Listen to clients and prospective clients. Prove yourself before applying premium pricing.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential of unlimited PTO. Colleagues that's knowledgeable and will not hesitate to share info, details, tribal knowledge of the product.

Cons

Can't take PTO because there's always something going on. Low end on compensation and no matching 401k. Poor morale due to high turn over.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to spend some effort and try understand and motivate employees to retain employees. Realize that high turnover is not good for the morale given such a fast pace environment. Management is quick to critique but needs to look internally and realize that they are the cause of the problem.

"Great product, great people!"

I have been working at Kenandy full-time

Pros

Kenandy has been a really wonderful company to work for. They truly offer the energy of a Silicon Valley Pre-IPO tech start up. ​I had an excellent recruitment experience as a candidate coming in. Great communication, follow-up, and expectations throughout.

I especially enjoy the all hands meetings where the company gets together to share successes. Being part of a growing company founded by such an inspirational woman is another selling point. Sandra Kurtzig, (founder) as well as our CEO, Chuck Berger are well-versed in not only the industry but also in successful business. Speaking to professionals in the industry, it is clear that our product has drawn a lot of attention quickly, and will continue to do so.

Overall, I believe our product and our people offer a great combination of innovation and work environment. There are even great perks like office parties/games/lunches/etc. Most recently there was ​a paint night, bring your child to work day, and ​a Cinco de Mayo party!

Cons

It would be difficult to speak to cons, as I have really enjoyed it all so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"FT"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

BEST: Unlimited PTO is awesome because you don't have to accrue hours. Work life balance awesome as well

Cons

There is no 401k matching

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great energy, smart people, fun to be somewhere that innovates and moves quickly.

Cons

Normal challenges associated with fast growth.

"1980's Mentality in 2016."

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

Pros

Good learning experience
    No shortage of work
    Colleges are nice and friendly

Cons

Why choose Kenandy over 100's of successful, upbeat, and exciting companies in the Bay Area?

-The product is a beast, hard to use/ navigate.
    -Overall bad software. Lacks a UI/UX and is not as competitive in the market as leaders will try to tell you
    -Low salary/ compensation package.
    -Very stubborn product management/ leadership.
    -No Silicon Valley pre ipo tech company perks.
    -Office space is very depressing, bland white walls, no company swag/pride
    -Low morale, I don't think I have ever worked at a company that has such a low morale amongst employees. Almost every employee does not see Kenandy as a long term career option.
    - Weak executive team/ leaders.
    - Company is performing poorly, no big name sales deals, I was legitimately scared of this company going under during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you run an enterprise company with 10,000 employees and listen to the 80+ employees you have. Be more approachable and friendly. Be more open and receptive to ideas. Immediately address the low morale issues you have amongst 90% of your employees.