Kenandy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Kenandy CEO Charles Berger
Charles Berger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Some of the best people have left company.....voluntarily or otherwise"

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product, hot space, brilliant minds, expert CMO.

Cons

Senior Sales Management, Consulting and Implementation Issues.

Advice to Management

Revamp Senior Sales & Consulting......losing deals due to Epicor contingent. Listen to clients and prospective clients. Prove yourself before applying premium pricing.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential of unlimited PTO. Colleagues that's knowledgeable and will not hesitate to share info, details, tribal knowledge of the product.

Cons

Can't take PTO because there's always something going on. Low end on compensation and no matching 401k. Poor morale due to high turn over.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to spend some effort and try understand and motivate employees to retain employees. Realize that high turnover is not good for the morale given such a fast pace environment. Management is quick to critique but needs to look internally and realize that they are the cause of the problem.

"Great product, great people!"

I have been working at Kenandy full-time

Pros

Kenandy has been a really wonderful company to work for. They truly offer the energy of a Silicon Valley Pre-IPO tech start up. ​I had an excellent recruitment experience as a candidate coming in. Great communication, follow-up, and expectations throughout.

I especially enjoy the all hands meetings where the company gets together to share successes. Being part of a growing company founded by such an inspirational woman is another selling point. Sandra Kurtzig, (founder) as well as our CEO, Chuck Berger are well-versed in not only the industry but also in successful business. Speaking to professionals in the industry, it is clear that our product has drawn a lot of attention quickly, and will continue to do so.

Overall, I believe our product and our people offer a great combination of innovation and work environment. There are even great perks like office parties/games/lunches/etc. Most recently there was ​a paint night, bring your child to work day, and ​a Cinco de Mayo party!

Cons

It would be difficult to speak to cons, as I have really enjoyed it all so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Exceptional place to work!"

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing co-workers and leadership team
    - Fully stocked kitchens with great food and drinks
    - Celebrations for our "wins" with a gong ringing ceremony, good food and drinks to celebrate!
    - Open environment and culture, lots of collaboration to get desired results
    - Career advancement with a growing company, several promotional opportunities
    - Fun at work! Shuffleboard, game room, "bake-offs"and other team building activities

Cons

None really. More team outings/events would be great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Great leadership team with founder Sandy Kurtzig, CEO Chuck Berger, and great VCs backing up Kenandy!

Keep that Kenandy family feeling!

"FT"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

BEST: Unlimited PTO is awesome because you don't have to accrue hours. Work life balance awesome as well

Cons

There is no 401k matching

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great energy, smart people, fun to be somewhere that innovates and moves quickly.

Cons

Normal challenges associated with fast growth.

"1980's Mentality in 2016."

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

Pros

Good learning experience
    No shortage of work
    Colleges are nice and friendly

Cons

Why choose Kenandy over 100's of successful, upbeat, and exciting companies in the Bay Area?

-The product is a beast, hard to use/ navigate.
    -Overall bad software. Lacks a UI/UX and is not as competitive in the market as leaders will try to tell you
    -Low salary/ compensation package.
    -Very stubborn product management/ leadership.
    -No Silicon Valley pre ipo tech company perks.
    -Office space is very depressing, bland white walls, no company swag/pride
    -Low morale, I don't think I have ever worked at a company that has such a low morale amongst employees. Almost every employee does not see Kenandy as a long term career option.
    - Weak executive team/ leaders.
    - Company is performing poorly, no big name sales deals, I was legitimately scared of this company going under during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you run an enterprise company with 10,000 employees and listen to the 80+ employees you have. Be more approachable and friendly. Be more open and receptive to ideas. Immediately address the low morale issues you have amongst 90% of your employees.

8. "Individual Contributor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment with good, smart people. Terrific product offering.

Cons

Not sure where the ship is going. Expensive benefits. No 401K matching yet.

Advice to Management

Transparency is key.

"Well. There are mountains to scale and bypasses to build. Broken glass and unsolved crimes litter the path."

I have been working at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's gold in them thar hills.. There is work to do if they keep the bad weather at bay long enough to get something done they might get near that vein of gold. Talent and experience is needed. If they accept that they will be on the right trail.

Cons

In the mine someone keeps killing the Canary unless it agrees to sing the wrong song. And miners get buried alive. Pretty soon the miners aren't going to get in the trenches if they can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Let me say that if they do see a light I will guarantee it's a train and there is no where to flee for safety. . You've got To cull those in charge of the infrastructure collapses. Not the canaries or the miners. Then you could most likely say there's a gold mine out there somewhere. They just have to let it be found and mined.

Advice to Management

If the CEO climbs even and steady using a his pic axe and crampons as needed to hold his position with his own team it'll be great. Altitude sickness causes you to see things that aren't there and believe in the absurd. False sacrifices have been made. Two major unsolvable internal issues have caused snow blindness. X-ray vision is required. Not everyone has the same agenda. Or are who they seem to be. Too bad. It's a sweet little piece of technology solving big problems in a most current way.

"Fantabulous Place to work and Learn!!"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Kenandy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with legendary developers and build stuff on the LATEST technology stack.
    Open culture,No hierarchy,Flexible work schedule and good place to learn and grow,
    If you are person with passion for coding , building cool stuff and thrive on fast agile atmosphere then this place is for you.

Cons

Couple of growing pains typical in startups.