Kendall/Heaton Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Great Plate to work"

Current Employee - Architect Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Architect Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kendall/Heaton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have so many projects you will never lack work. People are great, bosses are great, work is not for simple minded, it requires effort. Awesome benefits. If you show you want to move up they will help and encourage you as they did me but you have to work hard! I see myself here for the long run!

Cons

There is definitely hierarchy. Pay increase is not the best. Lots of overtime (but you'll be paid time+1/2.

"Architectural intern"

Current Employee - Architectural Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Architectural Intern in Houston, TX

Pros

Tons of details and interesting projects. Good stepping stone for recent graduates (although I cannot quantify how valuable it may be for those who are more inclined toward design)

Cons

Repetitive (toilets cores curtain walls). One must assert their self to make their experience valuable. Aside from the interesting projects the office borders on being a high end drafting shop; We are employees and not much more.

Advice to Management

Stop being so conservative. You scold your staff like they were insubordinate children. (i.e. About casual Fridays and lunch and learn attendance) Stop being so cheap (purchase sufficient amount of revit licenses and upgrade the server)

"Intern Architect"

Former Employee - Intern Architect in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Intern Architect in Houston, TX

I worked at Kendall/Heaton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Design of the projects were excellent. A chance to work with big names...

Cons

Rigid working environment and about a third of project managers had poor interpersonal skills. KHA definitely has a conservative culture and a boys club mentality. You'll have to develop a 6th sense about your place in the company: Some people can be paid to openly watch football during work hours while others who do actually work are easily laid off.
    There is quite a bit of inertia at the firm when it comes to new software/technology as well. All that said, I got a lot out of the experience and am happy I spent almost 4 years there.

"great experience but missed my creativity"

Pros

great work great benefits

Cons

hours and little design authorship

"Good experience"

Pros

You get to work with some of the best architects in the world on very high-visibility projects in international locations.

Cons

Long hours, low pay (this is a problem at every architecture firm, not just KHA), benefits are also weak compared to others.

Advice to Management

None