Kenexa "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenexa Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jun 26, 2017

Kenexa Chairman and CEO Rudy Karsan Sr.
Rudy Karsan Sr.
Pros
  • "Great work-life balance and flexibility with work schedules, when needed(in 28 reviews)

• "I was able to work from home for over 2 years and for that I am grateful but it's not everything(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance, busy release schedule(in 14 reviews)

• "You'll be exhausted for working long hours, the workload you will be responsible and held accountable for is for 3 people(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "My experience has been wonderful."

Current Contractor - Account Manager in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Kenexa for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, professionalism, great people, option to work from home.

Cons

Job ending, hard to move around within the company.

Advice to Management

Look within to promote and move people into open positions.

Kenexa2014-01-08

"Can we give a company zero stars?"

I have been working at Kenexa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Receive IBM Benefits; looks great on a resume; some accounts offer work from home option; when I worked from home I would drink as that was the only way I could get through the amount of stupid e-mails from my manager asking one sentence questions.

Cons

Where do I start? No raise of any kind for 3 years. Small bonuses. No way to move up the company because you are working on independent contracts. Not enough resources to get the job completed properly. The work and process was stupid. The clients could actually replace the rpo with a better system by hiring an HR consultant.

Advice to Management

Ummm no advice. I doubt they would listen anyways.

Kenexa2017-06-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Wouldn't recommend"

I worked at Kenexa

Pros

You are able to work from home

Cons

There is no room for growth unless you are a favorite

Kenexa2017-05-24

"The Modern Day Slave."

Current Employee - SC TA LM in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Kenexa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you have the chance to be a telecommuter, you have the flexibility to work from home. You have a good package of benefits (PTO/vacation, health and dental are ok, you may be eligible for variable compensation/bonus) that all sound great at first.

Cons

If you're considering joining this team, please do your research. The Kenexa Dept. of IBM is a hit and miss and depending on the RPO account you go for, you'll be in for the worst job of your life (example the UnitedHealth Group account is the worst). You'll be exhausted for working long hours, the workload you will be responsible and held accountable for is for 3 people. You want to take vacation off? Good luck. You need to find backups for you while you're out and expect to work 60 to 70 hours on the next week once you're back to keep up with all. Everyone, including your supervisors are drowning with work, always very busy and nobody has time to stop and think about what they are doing. You can kiss your personal/social life goodbye. People are rude to you and if you can't keep up with the work that is expected of you (which you won't, trust me) then they will make you feel like the worst person in the world.

Advice to Management

You need to stop asking your employees why things are falling apart. You must know that you are overworking everyone. You have recruiters, coordinators, Staffing Consultants (aka Talent Advisor, Liaison Managers) crying for help. Nobody is happy and those that try to speak up are chopped down quickly. If you ever give a damn about your employees (truly caring not just this hypocritical approach you have) then you need to stand up and either say no to the client's illusionary demands or charge extra for what you do. This will allow you to hire more people to do the job required. Having reports asking "what are we doing to close this req" is an example of how busy everyone is that nobody seems to care about what's truly happening. Perhaps if you wouldn't overwork your TAs there wouldn't be a need to explain to the client "what we are doing to close reqs" because guess what? The reqs would be closed faster. I know this comment will go right above management head, but if you're reading this review and you're thinking about applying, please be advised. This place is a revolving door - I wish I knew this before I turn down other offers just because "IBM" sounded amazing. IBM is really a great company, Kenexa? That's a whole different story....

Kenexa2016-12-20

"Will never look back"

I worked at Kenexa for more than 5 years

Pros

It was hard to come up with any pros so I suppose the two that could be big PROs... - Ability to work on multiple clients - Work from home

Cons

- High volume environment focused on metrics and not QUALITY - A company who does not truly care about the development and long term of their employees - You'll find yourself doing several hours a week of compliance, - Process heavy - Company values are no more than just a poster campaign to have up in the break room - You're lucky if you get a pen and pad of paper for your first day, office supplies are scarce around IBM

Advice to Management

Its important to work with your team to assess your teams strengths and weaknesses. Maximize those in areas that excel in one vs another.

Kenexa2016-08-26

"The good, bad, and ugly"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a good place to start. You learn a lot and if you're smart and produce results, you'll be recognized...in the form of accolades. You can work from home, too. You can move up and get raises, too.

Cons

Depending on the account you're working on, the management has a shoulder-shrugging approach and likes to use the "it is what it is" phrase. There are too many hand offs and not enough communication. The teams tend to be full of a mix of competent, high-performers and completely incompetent colleagues. They are very 'quick to hire, slow to fire' which is very disruptive and counterproductive to those who are actually coming to work and doing their jobs everyday. Working from home is a pro in most cases, but many "team members" take advantage of this and can't be found for hours at a time with poor excuses for not delivering.They move those people to other teams instead of addressing the problem. Again, Kenexa is great place to start and it wasn't always like this. I really used to love working here, but the lack of support and the heavy workload made me dream of the end of the day (usually 10-12 hour days). Despite my personal experience, I would still recommend this company as a place to get your foot in the door in the recruiting world. The experience was invaluable to me and opened the door to a lot of other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Lose the "It is what it is." attitude. This should never be said by a manager when you're supporting a client. Make sure your new members are properly trained and have the support they need.

Kenexa2016-03-03

"Lip Service"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to work from home for over 2 years and for that I am grateful but it's not everything.

Cons

I enjoyed my job immensely until the work load became unbearable with no one to cover for me so I could take vacation. Found out that my role was a hybrid - so there was no one else doing the exact same job as I was. After receiving 2+ performance ratings 2 yrs in a row the total amount of increase in salary was $140.00. That just doesn't go far. There were PC's who worked much less and made more. When I finally went to my Mgr to discuss promotions/opportunities/more money he lied to me and said he would make that happen which he didn't. I finally had enough and left. Biggest burden lifted off my shoulders ever.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about promotional opportunities; don't hire your friends and don't ignore the employees who work tirelessly for your clients.

Kenexa2016-01-15
  9. "Recruiter II"

Corporate Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Kenexa

Pros

Love the flexibility here. Option to work from home.

Cons

Communication from management could be a little better.

Kenexa2015-09-22

"Going downhill"

Program Coordinator in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Kenexa

Pros

Relaxed, Enjoyable Environment. Opportunities to work from home occasionally.

Cons

No feeling of appreciation. Lied to by management constantly. Lack of organization. Many incompetent colleagues working along side you.

Advice to Management

Don't back out on promises made to employees.

Kenexa2015-06-23

"Kenexa Entereneurship is dead"

I have been working at Kenexa part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work from home and create a flexible schedule to balance work and family. A comprehensive benefit package that is market competitive.

Cons

What made Kenexa great and lead to extreme growth can't survive because IBM is like working for the U.S. government.

Advice to Management

Never acquire a growth business because IBM management doesn't know what to do with it as most have never worked in one.

Kenexa2015-02-28