Kennametal Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Ronald De Feo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • To much un-certainty with upper management (in 8 reviews)

• Though the top management is good and transparent but the lower managements play bad games with the employees (in 5 reviews)

1. "Very helpful and educational"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA

Pros

The staff are great people to work with. They are very understanding of everything and only want the best for you. If you are a motivated individual the sky is the limit for you.

Cons

Work days can be long

2. "Kennametal is a great place to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Pros

The best reason to work at Kennametal is that all employees treat each other as a family members. They help you with anything and everything. Managers recognize the work you do and give you the reward for the great work. You learn really interesting stuff at Kennametal that you wouldn't learn from any college.

Cons

They don't give out relocation housing allowances for interns/ co-op.

3. "manager"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Kennametal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company for stared. It bring you a nice environment to wok, nice co workers, very friendly. The company has different subsidiary trough out the United State.

Cons

Shift changes to much so that kind bad for people who has family. Others that the company is a good place to start and gain experience

Advice to Management

Be prepare to work hard

"Precision with our products and in our work place"

Current Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Weldon, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Electrician in Weldon, NC

I have been working at Kennametal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked with such a skilled set of coworkers in my life. We are provided with what we need to get the job done. Good medical and fringe benefits. Management IS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND LEAVES THEIR DESKS AND CHECKS ON PRODUCTION! It is about producing a great product for the customer. In class we used one of the bits and it was awesome!

Cons

If you don't want to work, don't apply.

Advice to Management

I don't see any problems, impressed that management doesn't micromanage, yet does check on progress with well informed managers.

"Quality professional environment"

I have been working at Kennametal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has structured practices and resources to develop and promote internal talent that are comparable to world class organizations that are much larger in scale and revenue. These practices are called out in the company's core operating system... and are made a company priority.
    Kennametal also actively solicits employee feedback with an annual anonymous employee survey (delivered in many languages). And managers are expected to make improvements from the feedback.
    This company also puts a lot of emphasis on ethics, safety, and being a good contributor to local communities. (We're actually encouraged to volunteer.)
    Having worked across multiple industries, I can honestly say, this kind of commitment to employees is not common.
    And it shows in the employees... this company is full of really smart people who care about what they do and how their work makes a difference.

Cons

If you are looking for a place to coast through your work or just put in your time... this won't be the place for you.

"Decades of growth and satisfaction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latrobe, PA

I have been working at Kennametal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For me the career at KMT has been full of opportunities for growth. Post-hire training is never a problem - just ask for it if its not already on your schedule. Benefits and compensation are all on par with most companies of a similar or larger population. The breadth of products and industries served make the chances of doing what interests you highly possible whether it be scientific/technical, manufacturing/logistics, administrative/HR, sales/marketing, or IT.

Cons

I could say location (cold and relatively long Winters), but HQ in Latrobe PA is only one of many global locations, so the argument could be moot. Otherwise, I can not think of a con!

Advice to Management

The CEO's history includes manufacturing, wherein he understands our products and our customers. As long as we keep that experience and knowledge base predominant in the leadership team, we should continue to grow prosperously.

"Awesome company with a great culture."

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA

Pros

The pros are the culture, high salary, employees, headquarters, respect and access to higher level management when needed.

Cons

The cons are far from the city, growth not the best, job opportunities limited, prestige, but other than those it is a great company to work for.

8. "Challenging work with rewarding experiences and exceptional people."

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to drive big improvements.

Cons

Processes slow us down. Infancy of true cross functional collaboration...conflicting metrics.

Advice to Management

Continue down the path of clear prioritization and investment in core businesses.

9. "Strong Focus on Human Value"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Kennametal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kennametal has a strong sense of ethics and doing what's right for their employees and their customers. Their commitment to talent development shows they posses the self awareness to recognize that building a great company means building great people first.

Cons

Communication is the key to success.

10. "Good company"

I worked at Kennametal full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work for

Cons

I don't have any cons for this company