Cover image for Kenny and Company

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 11 of over 11 reviews

5.0
Kenny and Company CEO, Managing Partner Michael S. Kenny (no image)
Michael S. Kenny

132 Comments

Consulting

411.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Kenny and Company~914503
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company.. I will continue to recommend to everyone

Dec 22, 2019 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- many different levels of consultants - variety in clientele - a good place to grow change management - good base compensation The company was really supportive as I worked onsite with my client. I had the chance to work with other great consultants and it helped me with my change management skills. I felt like my work was appreciated. The CEO also wrote me a personalized email when I exited which was nice.

Cons

- not enough chances to work from home None, but the benefits could use some upgrading. I had a really positive experience here.

Kenny and Company Response

Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks for the great feedback. We are always looking to create a better work environment for our consultants - which includes the overall benefits package and work/life balance.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn and grow

Jan 3, 2018 - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company for self-starters. As evidenced by the firm's founders, joining this team must come with a desire to help clients solve challenging issues. You get a lot of opportunity to work closely with senior-level clients in intimate engagements, and quickly show your value. I learned a lot from my projects and from mentoring I received from the firm's senior leadership. If you have passion and drive, this company enables your growth and success. They also really value work-life balance and community engagement, which I really appreciated.

Cons

As a small firm, their benefits package is not as generous as other, larger firms. There was an expressed desire to increase the benefits (vacation & sick time, health coverage, etc.) and there were improvements during my tenure, but there is still room to improve.

3. Join the Kenny and Company team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Breath of Fresh Air

Oct 10, 2019 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working for Kenny and Company. Having recently been hired, the interview process is streamlined and painless. What's great about working for a small firm is that there are many opportunities to learn and grow in your field, from the partners, and your colleagues. I appreciate that leadership listens when you ask for what you want (e.g., training, more responsibility, etc.). It's empowering and so refreshing!

Cons

This is not so much a con as more of a learning opportunity: When I started, I didn't really have an on-boarding manual or time to familiarize myself with everything as I am used to with past clientele in a different industry. I jumped right in. I adjusted and learned quickly, but will recommend to leadership and volunteer to create a document that helps spell everything out for incoming consultants. Hopefully this can help moderate the steep learning curve that can exist in our and our client's industries.

Kenny and Company Response

Chief Marketing Officer

Thanks for the great review! We take this feedback very seriously and appreciate the time and effort it takes to write these reviews. It is a testament to the quality of our employees. We do want to mentor and professionally develop our employees. Since we are a boutique company we do have the latitude to let our employees develop and craft their own professional path. Please feel free to reach to your leadership and discuss how you would like to develop as a consultant and leader and we will work with you to attain these goals!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Capable, Reputable, Growing

May 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The partners have excellent reputations with high caliber clients - opportunity to work on significant engagements with industry leading brands and exposure to highly influential leaders - Small firm size creates a very supportive and transparent environment; the partners are open and responsive to feedback and ideas - Great attention on doing well and doing good - growth, client success, and firm strategy are balanced with philanthropy, employee well-being, and community service

Cons

- While the overall compensation is at or above industry standards, the benefits are limited by the small firm size; adequate but not amazing. That said, efforts to improve are ongoing and transparent. - Self-directed training and development of consultants. Not necessarily a con (in fact, the firm is extremely supportive of training and development), but it depends on your expectations - new consultants are not put through a structured program of frameworks and methodologies to develop their toolkit.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company that cares for its employees and its clients

Sep 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kenny & Company is a great company to work for. They have a model where every project is hands-on partner led so every consultant gets the benefit of working closely with highly experienced, senior business leaders. As a small company, there are plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of new areas to develop skills which you might not get to do as part of a larger organization that favors focused specializations. Also, management really cares for the employees and is always seeking to do the right things for the employees.

Cons

Compensation is very good but as a small company, benefits are not always extensive. But each year, management continues to offer improvements.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Valuable experience!

Nov 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great and knowledgeable leadership team. Supportive, helpful and available. Provide oversight (if/as needed), able to provide consult and guidance on engagement and to promote client success. Focused on the staff, team and client relationships. Also believes strongly in community focus and volunteering. Provides best practice approach to enable successful engagement success, personal and professional development and great tips to promote learning and portability for future growth and use. Great experience and thankful for the opportunity!

Cons

No cons to note. Overall was a great experience to learn and grow and leverage previous skills and experience. Challenging and fun.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big time consulting with a local, intimate feel

Oct 16, 2019 - Director Level in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good mix of experienced consultants. - There is a balance if you prefer working in small teams or autonomously on a project. - You don't have to go through layers of management to get stuff done - You work directly with your client - Family feel - at the holiday event the founder highlights each employee individually and shares their professional and personal highlights for the year. I've never been at a company that does this! - Great flexibility to balance professional and personal needs

Cons

Can use more female executive presence to balance out the leadership team.

9. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great company to learn and grow

Oct 8, 2019 - Human Resources Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was hired as a project services employee to work with one of their elite clients. The project was led by a partner and a senior consultant and they were really helpful in bringing me up to speed with new technology. Pros - Great place to work - Opportunity to work with highly experienced professionals - They truly believe in solving client's problems - Good Pay and benefits

Cons

No negative points at the moment.

10. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

A place to learn and work with the best

Oct 1, 2019 - Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kenny and Company have some of the best management and strategy consultants that I have worked with. Working at Kenny and Company has given me the opportunity to learn new skills that I can apply directly to my job. The leadership at Kenny and Company is very involved and supportive of the team . The recruitment process was streamlined and the benefits are great.

Cons

The Bay Area commute to client offices can be a pain. But, Kenny and Company allows remote work on occasions.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Consulting Firm!

Oct 30, 2017 - Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A wonderful consulting firm with breadth and depth of projects. There are many opportunities to work with and learn from firm partners on client engagements, great benefits and work-life balance as well. The partners care about their consultants and are highly transparent when it comes to company benefits roadmap, client engagements, etc.

Cons

No negatives at the moment - everything has been outstanding during my tenure here from projects to firm culture.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews