Kenseal Construction Products Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Paul McKinnell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"24 years of positive progress and challenges"

Current Employee - Strategic Project Manager, Process & Innovation in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Kenseal's history of continuous improvement, coupled with an outgoing staff of driven, innovative, and fun co-workers, has made my 24 years here challenging and enjoyable. We work hard, but we have fun doing it.
    Kenseal's work environment supports new ideas and creativity, from all employees. When you are able to see the positive results of the work that's been done, and how that benefits the organization as well as yourself, there's pride of ownership in a job well done. Most importantly, that effort is recognized and valued by the Kenseal organization. Kenseal does not hesitate to celebrate it's people and their accomplishments.

Cons

no cons at this time

Mar 27, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! Culture is important to us here at Kenseal Construction Products. We strive to offer a fun, yet professional, work atmosphere. Our recent partnership with AH Harris... More

"Nepotism, Poor Leadership, burnt through 5 sales managers in a few years-Run and do not look back"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None! do not waste your time, you will be an outsider in this nepotistic environment.

Cons

The biggest con is that you most likely lost an opportunity to work for another company and now you are regretting your decision to work here. UN-attainable quotas, no structure or policy guidelines. Manager's manage from their desk.

Advice to Management

Harris, you have a lot of work to do with Kenseal. You are losing all your people, Change the current managers in NYC before its too late. You need to burn the name Kenseal, replace it with Harris Division 7. (Ken)seal is killing your business.

Jul 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. After seeing your post, we reviewed engagement feedback from our team members to ensure we continue to provide a professional, yet fun culture, one which we have spent... More

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome staff and higher ups
    Great benefits
    You only work Monday through Friday
    Overtime is offered as well
    Hour break

Cons

Customers sometimes expect too much of you when those things aren't in your job description. Small staff of co workers so sometimes you may be overwhelmed but it's still manageable

Advice to Management

Relate to staff a little better.

4. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have the freedom to make my own decisions about how I run my team and do my job provided that those decisions are in line with company goals and I am prepared to stand by them. I've had a long and varied career prior to joining Kenseal and I can honestly say that I've never felt more empowered. It's what I enjoy best about working here.

Throughout my short tenure at Kenseal I've been given several opportunities to work with other departments on far reaching, high level projects that have not only helped make Kenseal a better company but also helped me to grow professionally. I feel that my work is appreciated and my efforts have been rewarded.

If you have confidence in yourself and your abilities, are willing to be accountable for your actions, and desire to be part of a team that will help you grow, then I urge you to apply for a job here.

Cons

The company continues to go through significant changes. New processes and responsibilities are introduced often and sometimes there is no clear indication as to who to contact with questions or determine the "who is in charge of what" aspect of things.

Advice to Management

Continue to spread the values of empowerment, teamwork, accountability and camaraderie. Do not lose the culture that you have all worked long and hard to create.

Mar 27, 2017 – Human Resources

What a great word - empowered! We continuously look for ways to improve processes and solicit feedback from our team members. Recently, Kenseal and AH Harris marketing departments have joined forces... More

5. "The Kenseal Life"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Chantilly, VA

Pros

The work environment is fun and challenging

Cons

You must be able to multitask to keep up with pace.

Advice to Management

Always keep the Kenseal culture as it is today.

6. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Work-life balance; opportunities for growth; PTO for volunteering; wellness program; great overall team and culture!

Cons

Communication has improved over the past two years, which I greatly appreciate.

7. "Outside sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time

Pros

Open door management, co. Always looking to improve via Sales training, employee engagement.
    Most offices have great team atmosphere. Pay is fair , 60/40 ratio salary/bonus. Aves to the sight after product lines.
    -Monday to Friday, 8 to 5 schedule
    - tuition reimbursement
    - veteran leadership
    - industry leaders

Cons

Not enough administrative support for sales, salespeople get bogged down doing non Sales related functions, pushing paper, and everyone knows most successful salespeople aren't the best when it comes to partition/details.

Advice to Management

Better ERP
    Create Sales admin positions, so salespeople can do what they do best. ..sale.

"GLAD TO BE PART OF THE KENSEAL TEAM."

Current Employee - Administrative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A casual, comfortable, easy going but professional work environment with a team of great people. Management and Owners are good to the employees, nice company perks, employee appreciation days, awesome holiday parties, etc.

A very good company to get on-board with!

Cons

I have no cons for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good wok!

9. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good money if you surpass budget but give minimal raises

Cons

no growth, do not challenge them they do not like it there answer always was " that's just the way it is" or " that's how its always been". they have favorites

Advice to Management

promote within and listen to employees. change is constant so do not fight it

Jan 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We value the insights provided by both former and current employees. It is nice to see "money" listed as a pro. We strive to offer competitive pay and benefits to our... More

10. "Outside Sales"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow territory, good atmosphere and culture, and job security.

Cons

Don't expect big raises, or to get big commisions.

Advice to Management

Pay sales guys more.