Kenseal Construction Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Kenseal Construction Products Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2018

4.0
Kenseal Construction Products CEO John Stegeman  (no image)
John Stegeman
  1. "Credit Manager"

Current Employee - Credit Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great, forward thinking leadership. The department is amicable and fun. Great Christmas and summer parties.

Cons

Regional- if you live outside of the Baltimore metro area, it may be difficult to work in the office. However, we have had a couple remote employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek smart solutions and empower sales to be the front line with the customer.

Kenseal Construction Products2017-11-06
  2. "Sales"

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time

Pros

Great staff to work with!

Cons

Capped earnings with limited advancement.

Kenseal Construction Products2018-08-27
  3. "Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

Monday through Friday job, Plenty of time to spend doing other things.

Cons

Entry level pay is mediocre in direct comparison with the cost of living.

Advice to Management

Communication is Paramount. Keep everything on the table so your employees know what they're getting into before it's too late.

Kenseal Construction Products2017-10-23
  4. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and free coffee

Cons

Forced overtime, lack of communication, commissions tied to other employees, unqualified management, lackluster operations

Advice to Management

Hire qualified, college graduates to manage and operate your branches

Kenseal Construction Products2017-10-17

"Inside Sales Rep"

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time

Pros

Great starter sales position in the construction field

Cons

Acquired by a private equity firm, moved some things in a negative direction

Kenseal Construction Products2017-09-21
  6. "Love the work environment"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back work environment, great pay, employee lunches, wonderful health benefits. Management is always available and the HR team is easy to talk to.

Cons

Could save company money by letting most positions work from home. Other than that nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the work.

Kenseal Construction Products2017-09-06

"Nepotism, Poor Leadership, burnt through 5 sales managers in a few years-Run and do not look back"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

None! do not waste your time, you will be an outsider in this nepotistic environment.

Cons

The biggest con is that you most likely lost an opportunity to work for another company and now you are regretting your decision to work here. UN-attainable quotas, no structure or policy guidelines. Manager's manage from their desk.

Advice to Management

Harris, you have a lot of work to do with Kenseal. You are losing all your people, Change the current managers in NYC before its too late. You need to burn the name Kenseal, replace it with Harris Division 7. (Ken)seal is killing your business.

Kenseal Construction Products2017-07-02

July 12, 2017Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. After seeing your post, we reviewed engagement feedback from our team members to ensure we continue to provide a professional, yet fun culture, one which we have spent years cultivating. In light if your concerns, we found this to be most assuring: "there is a real sense of camaraderie and being part of a family - it isn't "just a job". To build such a culture in a competitive landscape we have leveraged a robust employee referral program. We encourage employee referrals when new positions become available, as we know this is the best source for strong candidates. We characterize this as a smart recruiting tactic, not nepotism. We acknowledge we sometimes make mistakes. What's important when you make a mistake is to make it right, which we have done and will continue to do to ensure we keep our great team in place. We wish your experience at Kenseal had been more in line with other associates - positive and rewarding.

"Great Place Overall"

Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time

Pros

Great fast paced atmosphere and great co-workers. A lot of good training for those willing to learn what it takes to succeed in this industry. Great support from managers and HQ.

Cons

Overall theres not any immediate cons that come to mind. I feel some managers should be more involved in lead generation support and helping to reach targets.

Kenseal Construction Products2017-04-16

"24 years of positive progress and challenges"

Current Employee - Strategic Project Manager, Process & Innovation in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Kenseal Construction Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Kenseal's history of continuous improvement, coupled with an outgoing staff of driven, innovative, and fun co-workers, has made my 24 years here challenging and enjoyable. We work hard, but we have fun doing it. Kenseal's work environment supports new ideas and creativity, from all employees. When you are able to see the positive results of the work that's been done, and how that benefits the organization as... well as yourself, there's pride of ownership in a job well done. Most importantly, that effort is recognized and valued by the Kenseal organization. Kenseal does not hesitate to celebrate it's people and their accomplishments.

Cons

no cons at this time

Kenseal Construction Products2017-03-24

March 27, 2017Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! Culture is important to us here at Kenseal Construction Products. We strive to offer a fun, yet professional, work atmosphere. Our recent partnership with AH Harris & Sons offers even more opportunity to grow within the organization and make a positive impact.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I have the freedom to make my own decisions about how I run my team and do my job provided that those decisions are in line with company goals and I am prepared to stand by them. I've had a long and varied career prior to joining Kenseal and I can honestly say that I've never felt more empowered. It's what I enjoy best about working here. Throughout my short tenure at Kenseal I've been given several opportunities... to work with other departments on far reaching, high level projects that have not only helped make Kenseal a better company but also helped me to grow professionally. I feel that my work is appreciated and my efforts have been rewarded. If you have confidence in yourself and your abilities, are willing to be accountable for your actions, and desire to be part of a team that will help you grow, then I urge you to apply for a job here.

Cons

The company continues to go through significant changes. New processes and responsibilities are introduced often and sometimes there is no clear indication as to who to contact with questions or determine the "who is in charge of what" aspect of things.

Advice to Management

Continue to spread the values of empowerment, teamwork, accountability and camaraderie. Do not lose the culture that you have all worked long and hard to create.

Kenseal Construction Products2017-03-25

March 27, 2017Human Resources

What a great word - empowered! We continuously look for ways to improve processes and solicit feedback from our team members. Recently, Kenseal and AH Harris marketing departments have joined forces to standardize communications across the organization. This is one of many examples that embody our theme for 2017 - One Team, Our Team!

Found 42 reviews