Kenshoo Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.0
Kenshoo CEO Yoav Izhar-Prato
Yoav Izhar-Prato
Pros
  • "Great work-life balance, flexibility to work from home on Fridays(in 16 reviews)

• "new technologies and great people(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401k match and very stringent on expenses(in 12 reviews)

• "no 401k match(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A great learning experience

Oct 1, 2020 - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I had the extreme good fortune of benefitting from a manager that did things the right way, every time. -Great exposure to a bird's eye view of ad-tech, mar-tech. Varied opportunities. -On the data side at least, people aren't cut-throat and tend to be helpful. -WLB is great. A full week PTO between Christmas and New Year's in addition to company holidays and generous PTO. -In my interactions with senior management, I found them both inquisitive and knowledgable along a wide breadth of the business.

Cons

-I think some other reviews have mentioned comp. It's definitely an issue, but for early career folks or people that want WLB, Kenshoo makes a lot of sense.

Kenshoo Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to know you had such an overwhelmingly positive experience! We pride ourselves on many of the things you mentioned, including our unique strategic position within the industry, strong benefits and work-life balance, and smart and accessible leadership. We wish you all the best!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn

Mar 31, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible people, innovative culture, fun working environment, room to grow and own work

Cons

Definitely some growing pains and things move quickly but not necessarily effectively

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

8+ amazing years and an invaluable education!

Apr 8, 2020 - Vice President, Client Success in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unfortunately, I was part of a recent downsizing due to the COVID 19 pandemic's financial impacts to the business. That said, I truly enjoyed my time at Kenshoo and wouldn't trade it for anything! I learned so much about business and the digital marketing space that I equate my experience to earning an Executive MBA. Over the years I participated in a number of interview panels, and candidates would often ask why I stayed at Kenshoo for so many years. My answer was always the same: 1) Incredible smart leadership who focuses on "playing where the ball is going to be" while keeping the company financially healthy & 2) Lots of opportunities to learn, grow and advance if you are truly a "difference-maker". What's the profile of someone who succeeds at Kenshoo? Someone who is intellectually curious, adaptable, results-oriented, and a self-starter. I've consistently been impressed with the leadership team's ability to place smart bets that have paid off (diversifying from Search into Social, eComm, Incrementality, etc.). I think Kenshoo's greatest days lie ahead, and I'll be cheering from the stands.

Cons

It's not a "con" from my POV, but worth noting that Kenshoo is not a place for the faint of heart. Digital Marketing is a fast-moving and competitive space, which brings the added pressure of having to constantly innovate just to remain relevant. Not everyone is suited for that type of environment. Kenshooers, for lack of better terms, tend to be more "durable" than "fragile".

2 people found this review helpful

Kenshoo Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Kenshoo's strong track record of adaptability to change and the strategic leadership our executives bring not only to our business, but the broader industry, is something of which we are incredibly proud. We are glad to hear this stood out to you along with the rich opportunities to learn and grow that we do our utmost to help every Kenshooer harness. The recent broad economic challenges did require us to part ways with a number of talented team members, who we care for deeply. We appreciate the graciousness of your comments and hope you know you will always be part of the Kenshoo family. Please take care and keep in touch.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Learn

Jun 12, 2020 - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was laid off due to Covid, but looking back, I appreciate the opportunity to work at Kenshoo. There are many things to like about the company: - Smart co-workes who are highly knowledgable in their fields. - Cutting edge technology, a well-recognized brand in the advertising software space. - Flexible solutions, allowing lots of customization, which means great opportunities to learn about technical solutions. I really loved this about Kenshoo. - Famous clients, from Fortune 500 companies to fast-growing startups. - The culture is quite cooperative and direct. Many people have a great sense of humor. - Good presence of women in director and technical roles. - Great work-life balance, flexibility to work from home on Fridays. - Great location, right near Powell BART station. - The company cares about culture and has implemented several initiatives to build teams and communities.

Cons

- Advertising software in general is a growing but tough industry. Stock options may or may not have any value which is typical for most startups. - The company is facing a lot of competition from publishers. It's a fast-changing space and the company is dependent on changes (i.e. new ad format) made by publishers like Google and Facebook. - The company went through several re-orgs over the past year. It's not a fast growing startup but it has interesting challenges and is overall a great place to learn.

Kenshoo Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are proud of so many of the things you mention; including, our smart and savvy employees, rich opportunities for learning, and incredible clients. As you mention, competition in our industry is significant. We continue to innovate and adapt rapidly to retain our position of technology and industry leadership. Our recent reductions, as a result of the significant broader economic challenges, were painful for all of us. We did our best to treat those affected with empathy and respect and it is very meaningful to know this did shine through. We wish you absolutely all the best. Please keep stay connected with Kenshoo!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Thanks for everything

May 19, 2020 - Client Success in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Adaptive to change - Industry thought leaders - Amazing people, everyone is really friendly and helpful - Incredible technology I was recently laid off due to COVID. I wasn’t sure I’d write a review. Now with time to think about it, I wanted to counter some of what I see posted here. Kenshoo can be a challenging environment. It’s very fast paced and there is always some change going on. It can be tiring. However, I always found it to be a kind and supportive environment and I know it cannot have been easy to have to part ways with some employees recently as a result of COVID. I wanted to write and say Thank you for the experience Kenshoo. I was of course disappointed to have to go, but trust your future is bright. My manager recently connected with me to help me strategize about finding my next role. They didn’t have to do that and I think it shows what a truly supportive culture there is, even in a very difficult circumstance.

Cons

- A lot of change. It can be a bit tiring

1 person found this review helpful

Kenshoo Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Kenshoo's adaptability to change, our position as significant technical and industry leaders, and our incredible group of Kenshooers, bring us great pride. The past few months have been extremely challenging for the broader economy. As with many companies, Kenshoo had to adapt quickly. We made difficult decisions and tried to handle them thoughtfully and respectfully. We are so very pleased to hear that your manager connected with you directly for career support. This speaks volumes about the quality of our employees and leaders. Thank you for all your contributions to Kenshoo and for this valuable and inspiring feedback!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful place to learn and grow!

Aug 26, 2020 - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Broad scope of roles and opportunity to be creative - Strong benefits - Exciting to be part of the strategic minds driving the future of Marketing Tech - Highly collaborative work environment - Tons of on-the-job development opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

- Start up ways or working at a global scale can be challenging to navigate - Things are always changing and it can be a bit fatiguing

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I’d look elsewhere

Feb 8, 2020 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

At the time of my employment, there were some good people that worked with the company that made the day to day tolerable. A handful of my clients were also nice, but with a pretty janky product their patience was often tested.

Cons

Even if you are a top performer, your position is not safe. The management team does not have your best interest at hand, and it is the definition of a “boys club”. If you have a wife/husband and kids, you’ll stay employed, but be sure you don’t speak out or against the “norm” or you will have a target on your back. HR hosted a round table for open conversations, candid feedback, and ideas for the new year, and anyone that provided real responses was more or less bucketed into a group to keep an eye on. Budgets for client events and travel are extremely small (think - sharing room with coworkers you’ve never met at sales kickoffs), and somehow with the company “growing” in terms of profitability, the ability to be promoted or have an opportunity to receive a raise is slim to none. Culture has significantly declined and what once was a place of collaboration and excitement is now tense and unproductive. If you are looking for a company where you will be challenged and hope to see innovation and growth, do not work here.

18 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

DO NOT WORK HERE

Feb 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, flexibility, benefits

Cons

Absolutely zero training, no career path or room for advancement, no raises, stock is a joke. Ever since the complete shift in management and upper management over the summer and fall Kenshoo started to fall apart. Anyone with a director title at this company is worthless. They refuse to change with the trends and adapt already sub par tools to match competition in the industry. As for an open door policy, there is none. If you disagree or have constructive criticism you will be fired. Every single person at Kenshoo does things differently, nothing is uniform, and the website is still showcasing case studies from 2017. The data in their crm is useless, with thousands of duplicates and over 5000 accounts without any geographical information. The marketing department at Kenshoo is useless and takes several months to create updated materials for reps to use when engaging with customers. The culture at Kenshoo is toxic as well. Everyone has a hidden agenda. They will smile in your face and turn around and talk about you to your colleagues. APPLICANTS BEWARE!

19 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Sep 21, 2020 - Sales Management in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the smartest folks I’ve ever worked with. Very driven. Good people.

Cons

Cultural differences are sometimes hard.

Kenshoo Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We definitely agree, the Kenshoo team members are smart, driven, and, well, just generally wonderful people! Our global nature creates significant opportunities for rich collaboration, learning, and innovation via diverse backgrounds and perspectives. It can also come with challenges from time to time, as we continuously work to blend cultures and work styles. If you have specific ideas for how we can continue to improve in this area, please do not hesitate to reach out to HR directly. Thank you!

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not what it once was

Feb 22, 2020 - Client Success
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment Decent benefits Food in the kitchen.

Cons

It’s not at all what it used to be. Competition in the space has changed the trajectory of the company. It’s trying to figure out it’s place in this new landscape and at the expense of its employees, many of which were let go in a round of recent cross company layoffs. It’s not a place where one can thrive, learn, and grow anymore but you come in everyday to do as told and go home. Opinions aren’t welcome here, it’s really become more of a do as your told environment. If you are looking for diversity do not come here.

11 people found this review helpful

Kenshoo Response

I must say, it pains us to read these comments. However, we greatly appreciate the unfettered feedback, which is critical to help Kenshoo improve. At Kenshoo, we constantly strive to enrich the employee experience, especially in these uniquely challenging times. Your comments that opinions are not welcome, or acted on, and that there is a lack of opportunity to thrive, learn, and grow, run counter to the culture we work to foster. We expect more of ourselves. We currently have a broad-scale Diversity and Inclusion program underway with the objective, among others, to increase overall workforce diversity and a spirit of belonging among all our employees. This is a challenge faced by many companies, but we refuse to rest on that. We are committed to improving the situation, not just within Kenshoo, but externally as well. We would greatly appreciate an opportunity to discuss your concerns in real time to gather some specific examples for how we can improve. I hope you will consider connecting with HR to discuss your concerns further. Please take care.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 193 Reviews