Kenshoo Reviews

3.9
Kenshoo CEO Yoav Izhar-Prato
Yoav Izhar-Prato
Cons
  1. "Thanks for everything"

5.0
    Former Employee - Client Success in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kenshoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Adaptive to change - Industry thought leaders - Amazing people, everyone is really friendly and helpful - Incredible technology I was recently laid off due to COVID. I wasn’t sure I’d write a review. Now with time to think about it, I wanted to counter some of what I see posted here. Kenshoo can be a challenging environment. It’s very fast paced and there is always some change going on. It can be tiring. However, I always found it to be a kind and supportive environment and I know it cannot have been easy to have to part ways with some employees recently as a result of COVID. I wanted to write and say Thank you for the experience Kenshoo. I was of course disappointed to have to go, but trust your future is bright. My manager recently connected with me to help me strategize about finding my next role. They didn’t have to do that and I think it shows what a truly supportive culture there is, even in a very difficult circumstance.

Cons

- A lot of change. It can be a bit tiring

Kenshoo2020-05-19

"Layoff: Lack of Transparency and Compassion"

I worked at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

The pros and cons in the comments below (both the good and the bad ones) are correct, I don't have more to add.

Cons

This review is long overdue. I thought I wouldn't write anything negative about Kenshoo in public, but today, after reading the letter of CEO Brian Chesky about Airbnb's recent layoff, I realized there was a big difference between my layoff and the Airbnb one. I realized layoff doesn't need to be so brutal. I'm writing this with the hope that when someone at Kenshoo is laid off next, his or her experience would be a little easier. I was in the middle of a busy day and got called into an urgent meeting with HR and a VP. The very first sentences were, "Today is your last day at Kenshoo. Our revenue has been declining and we had to lay off people. Unfortunately, this affects your position. Do you have any questions?" I felt like the world turned upside down. I was shocked. The people I was talking to, however, did not show any emotion – at least I didn't see it. I felt that the conversation was transactional, they needed to announce the news and moved on. I asked questions but was not provided any further background of the layoff besides their confirmation that this was not performance related. My access got cut off a few minutes after the meeting. I was out. Not knowing why and how it happened to me, besides "Our revenue has been declining and we need to lay off across offices. This is not performance related." My manager didn't even give me a phone call. I talked to my coworkers later and they said there was an All Hands the next day and all was shared about the layoff was "The business was not doing well. We needed to save X millions of dollars so we had to lay off X number of people." I was just a number. Airbnb CEO's message was: "...To those leaving Airbnb, I am truly sorry. Please know this is not your fault. The world will never stop seeking the qualities and talents that you brought to Airbnb…that helped make Airbnb. I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing them with us." I wish someone from Kenshoo's management had said "I'm sorry" or "Thank you" to me.

Kenshoo2020-05-07

May 18, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We care deeply for our employees and always strive to treat them with the utmost respect. The past few months have presented an unprecedented and extremely challenging situation. As with many companies, Kenshoo needed to adapt quickly. The company made some difficult decisions and we tried to handle them thoughtfully and respectfully. We are disappointed to hear that this may not have fully shone through in your case. We take that feedback seriously and will consider ways to improve. We can say confidently, however, that these decisions were not taken lightly. Leadership has been transparent and continues to make every effort to support our employees and the company’s future success.

"You're Nothing But a Number"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flexibility to wfh - benefits

Cons

- although I was not laid off, I heard what was said to my fellow peers. The layoffs were brutal and extremely transactional, executives lacked empathy and moved quickly to throw you out the door - poor working environment and not collaborative at all - terrible top-down management - the office is very quiet, people do not communicate - culture in the office is toxic - executives are not genuine and do not care about your well being. They follow trends of other big companies but do it very late in the game - when my peers and I voiced out our concerns about the pandemic, some laughed and said we were overreacting, then Google and other top companies started letting people WFH and that's when Kenshoo decided to push for a WFH policy.

Kenshoo2020-05-09

May 18, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your post. We’re glad to hear the flexibility and benefits you have at Kenshoo have contributed to making your experience here positive. Regarding the San Francisco office, we’ve heard this feedback and over the past year have taken steps to make great improvements whether it be renovations to the physical space, creation of Communities (employee led interest groups), providing Thursday catered lunches, or an increased focus on development! These initiatives, and more, have helped to strengthen relationships and collaboration. Over the past few months companies have been faced with navigating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. While Kenshoo acted quickly, these were difficult decisions taken with the utmost consideration for all our employees. We appreciate you sharing your sentiment and do take the feedback seriously for the future. If you have any additional feedback, HR would be happy to hear from you- feel free to set up time.

"8+ amazing years and an invaluable education!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Vice President, Client Success in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kenshoo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Unfortunately, I was part of a recent downsizing due to the COVID 19 pandemic's financial impacts to the business. That said, I truly enjoyed my time at Kenshoo and wouldn't trade it for anything! I learned so much about business and the digital marketing space that I equate my experience to earning an Executive MBA. Over the years I participated in a number of interview panels, and candidates would often ask why I stayed at Kenshoo for so many years. My answer was always the same: 1) Incredible smart leadership who focuses on "playing where the ball is going to be" while keeping the company financially healthy & 2) Lots of opportunities to learn, grow and advance if you are truly a "difference-maker". What's the profile of someone who succeeds at Kenshoo? Someone who is intellectually curious, adaptable, results-oriented, and a self-starter. I've consistently been impressed with the leadership team's ability to place smart bets that have paid off (diversifying from Search into Social, eComm, Incrementality, etc.). I think Kenshoo's greatest days lie ahead, and I'll be cheering from the stands.

Cons

It's not a "con" from my POV, but worth noting that Kenshoo is not a place for the faint of heart. Digital Marketing is a fast-moving and competitive space, which brings the added pressure of having to constantly innovate just to remain relevant. Not everyone is suited for that type of environment. Kenshooers, for lack of better terms, tend to be more "durable" than "fragile".

Kenshoo2020-04-08

"Not what it once was"

Current Employee - Client Success

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment Decent benefits Food in the kitchen.

Cons

It’s not at all what it used to be. Competition in the space has changed the trajectory of the company. It’s trying to figure out it’s place in this new landscape and at the expense of its employees, many of which were let go in a round of recent cross company layoffs. It’s not a place where one can thrive, learn, and grow anymore but you come in everyday to do as told and go home. Opinions aren’t welcome here, it’s really become more of a do as your told environment. If you are looking for diversity do not come here.

Kenshoo2020-02-22

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

2.0

I worked at Kenshoo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, flexibility, benefits

Cons

Absolutely zero training, no career path or room for advancement, no raises, stock is a joke. Ever since the complete shift in management and upper management over the summer and fall Kenshoo started to fall apart. Anyone with a director title at this company is worthless. They refuse to change with the trends and adapt already sub par tools to match competition in the industry. As for an open door policy, there is none. If you disagree or have constructive criticism you will be fired. Every single person at Kenshoo does things differently, nothing is uniform, and the website is still showcasing case studies from 2017. The data in their crm is useless, with thousands of duplicates and over 5000 accounts without any geographical information. The marketing department at Kenshoo is useless and takes several months to create updated materials for reps to use when engaging with customers. The culture at Kenshoo is toxic as well. Everyone has a hidden agenda. They will smile in your face and turn around and talk about you to your colleagues. APPLICANTS BEWARE!

Kenshoo2020-02-08

"I’d look elsewhere"

1.0
     in New York, NY

I worked at Kenshoo

Pros

At the time of my employment, there were some good people that worked with the company that made the day to day tolerable. A handful of my clients were also nice, but with a pretty janky product their patience was often tested.

Cons

Even if you are a top performer, your position is not safe. The management team does not have your best interest at hand, and it is the definition of a “boys club”. If you have a wife/husband and kids, you’ll stay employed, but be sure you don’t speak out or against the “norm” or you will have a target on your back. HR hosted a round table for open conversations, candid feedback, and ideas for the new year, and anyone that provided real responses was more or less bucketed into a group to keep an eye on. Budgets for client events and travel are extremely small (think - sharing room with coworkers you’ve never met at sales kickoffs), and somehow with the company “growing” in terms of profitability, the ability to be promoted or have an opportunity to receive a raise is slim to none. Culture has significantly declined and what once was a place of collaboration and excitement is now tense and unproductive. If you are looking for a company where you will be challenged and hope to see innovation and growth, do not work here.

Kenshoo2020-02-08

"Great work life balance!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Client Success

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

Throughout my time here at Kenshoo, I have made close friends, had great support, and achieved an amazing work life balance. This company is what you make of it. No one is there to throw you connections or hold your hand. You have to create a good environment for yourself. Everyone may come off as more shy and reserved at first, but reach out and initiate, and they are one of the smartest and friendliest people you'll meet. The product is very advanced and you will be facing new problems every day, which will keep you very eager to wanting to learn more.

Cons

For people who are on the more shy side may not thrive well here since most people are focused on their work or working remote. You have to really take initiative to make connections.

Kenshoo2019-10-21

"Mixed Bag - Good W/L Balance, Bad Culture"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Kenshoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours "get the job done" setting Good benefits - 401k matching, parenting leave, class pass membership Smart people Room to move to new roles

Cons

Process poor, training weak Politics everywhere, unprofessional HR operates on a gossip ring Everyone is afraid of the CEO Executives travel to cities for meetings and avoid visiting offices there to meet employees that are busting their bottoms for them Travel budget restrictions will have you staying in roach motels & shared Airbnbs

Kenshoo2019-08-01

September 6, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for sharing feedback! I'm glad to hear the investment Kenshoo made to improve benefits was felt as this was exactly the intention, to ensure employees know they are valued and supported even through the benefits offering. Your additional feedback will be taken into consideration as we focus on making improvements with things like Executive presence, process and training. Thank you for your time at Kenshoo and hope things are going well wherever you've landed next!

"Come to meet some nice people but not for career advancement, competitive salaries or a social work place."

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

Close to Bart Station, walking distance to some good food, some nice people.

Cons

Where to begin, Kenshoo likes to give everyone the appearance that the office is a fun place to work and that everyone is happy to be there. Do not be social in the office, if you show interest in talking to your co workers you will be labeled as lazy and a problem employee. Also do not finish your work fast, once again if you finish your work fast management will think that you are not doing anything. The company does not provide cost of living increase and will say that only the top performer get a salary increase. Also good luck getting solid career advice for how to advance your career. Management will give vague answers and just say you have to do things "The Kenshoo way". Certain managers here will also berate you if your learning style does not match their style of “mentoring”. Also don't get attached to seeing people in the office, people on a regular basis are either working from home, being laid off or quitting and not telling anybody that they left. I can honestly say that I regret taking a job at Kenshoo. I would say that working here has not advanced my career.

Kenshoo2019-07-29

September 6, 2019HR Manager

I am sorry to hear your time with us was not what you had expected. As a company we do our best to action on the feedback we receive and this past year we've done a lot to support a positive office culture and career development including adding community groups and a fitness benefit among others, as well as growing our training opportunities and development resources for the team. At Kenshoo we pride ourselves in being able to take action when needed - it's important that when something is not working you do all you can to try and fix it and that the team knows the company takes that seriously. We operate with this mindset whether it comes to a problem with an HR program, the product or performance. We appreciate you sharing your feedback- it does help us to continually improve. We wish you the best and thank you for your time at Kenshoo!

Found 165 reviews