Kenshoo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Yoav Izhar-Prato

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to work with great work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Great company and especially great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not even standard cost of living increases (in 4 reviews)

• Hard work sometimes compensates for missing functionality of proper processes (in 4 reviews)

"Good company with strong focus on data driven metrics"

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kenshoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is HQ'd in Israel and the culture of the company is very direct. This is valuable because people are constantly challenging the status quo.

Cons

It hasn't grown much since I left and the leadership team was mostly male dominated.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in more diversity, gender, religion, ethnicity.

"Director of Sales - East"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Kenshoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty solid product although most platforms in the industry are
    Some great people to work with

Cons

Very, very hard for a new sales rep to have success based on the fact that there are no protected territories and it's everyone for themselves; creates a bad culture. The veteran reps are in a great spot, new reps it is extremely difficult. Inside Sales leads handed out on a very subjective basis, veterans taken care of, new reps fend for themselves.
    Platform is very pricey compared to competition and management not often willing to make concessions; can be hard to get a deal done.
    No 401k match and very stringent on expenses.

"A great company that's lost it's way"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Kenshoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good technology and work ethic. Once you've proven yourself there is a certain level of trust and autonomy. Work from home generally isn't a problem and the flexibility is nice. Career growth is there for those that work for it.

Cons

Management doesn't stray far from head quarters, so if you aren't in Tel Aviv or San Francisco, leadership doesn't exist for you. This leads to a power struggle in the flyover offices which can develop into a hostile work environment. Leadership focuses too much on sales and less on employee growth and retention. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Focus on what made you great, your employees. We have good ideas and they are worth listening to. If anything it makes us feel valued and that we have a voice. Money isn't everything, most of us just want to contribute our ideas and see some get implemented.

"Very low morale in SF office"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on team, you're generally left alone and work schedules are very flexible

People in the industry know who Kenshoo is, even if they don't like it

Centrally located offices by public transit

Cons

Management is very frugal. "Free lunch" means a few packages of cold cuts and cheese in the fridge and bags of chips from Safeway. Compared to other tech companies in the area, this is table stakes. No 401k matching, no health/gym reimbursement, very low phone reimbursement, even skipped out on a holiday party last year because they had an anniversary party 2 months earlier.

Unless you're Israeli, you're probably not going to see upward advancement. All high-level positions are filled by Israelis or appointed randomly by someone in Israel. I was told of the "Israeli Ceiling" when I joined, and it's definitely a thing. Israeli employees get to travel to the US every month for meetings, but any request for US employees to visit the global HQ are quickly turned away.

Old boy network. As a few other reviews have said, the senior people are well taken care of due to their network and past connections are prior companies. It's extremely difficult for new sales reps to get good opportunities here, and there have been at least 5 people who have left within a year of starting. The fat cats get handed all the golden deals and the new folks are left fighting for the scraps.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same. US employees are just as valuable as Israeli ones. New sales reps should be given the same privileges as the proven one.

Loosen up the purse strings and actually take care of your employees. Get some snacks, order some food once in a while, give some sort of 401k matching.

Stop the fake rah-rah Thursday Cheers nonsense. No one wants to be there and it's so awkward. Just make it a company happy hour once a month and actually take your employees out for drinks somewhere. Who wants to stay in the office at 5pm on a Thursday to drink?

Clean up the office. It's incredibly unprofessional to have stickers and photos everywhere telling people to do their dishes. What do clients and partners think when they come into our offices for a visit? If you don't want to clean, hire someone to do it. It's a business, after all.

"Run Away!"

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No senior leadership in the office, so coming to work is optional. Weak competition in space.

Cons

Management is inept. Technology is slow to evolve.

Advice to Management

Start coming to work instead of wrangling bulls down in Texas.

Kenshoo Response

Aug 17, 2017 – HR Director

We are sorry that you have had a negative experience at Kenshoo, and would like the opportunity to speak more in depth about these concerns. Please contact Kenshoo's HR Department if you would like... More

"Steady growth & happy employees"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kenshoo is growing like crazy, so the opportunities to move within the company are abundant.

Management works hard to maintain a great company culture throughout all the offices. They respect work-life balance, and a handful of employees work remotely.

Most importantly, Kenshoo employees are genuinely passionate about and proud of our product and the company itself.

Cons

No 401k matching at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees.

"Kenshoo Fort Lauderdale"

Current Employee - Market Development in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Market Development in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible team of hard working, fun and collaborative individuals. It has been truly exciting watching the team grow down here for a highly innovative and growing company in the tech/SaaS/Digital Advertising space working closely with Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat. Oh, and it's sunny South Florida..how can you beat that?

Cons

Sometimes it rains in the summer.

"Amazing company, I feel very fortunate to be here!"

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

The company is great, the people are smart and friendly, the days go by quickly, pay and benefits are excellent. Kenshoo places a huge value on its people and you feel it from everyone you meet here. (It also doesn't hurt that their product is best in the industry, so you know you're working in a very stable environment.)

Cons

None thus far -- So far, so great.

Advice to Management

Keep placing a strong emphasis on the happiness of your employees and great results will follow.

"Strong Company Culture"

I have been working at Kenshoo full-time

Pros

- Good support/headcount for every role

Cons

- Culture is more "me" and "I" then "us" and "we".
    - Leadership team lacks diversity, and some are unapproachable
    - Food in kitchen is pretty awful/cheap

"Smart Innovative Company"

I worked at Kenshoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great to be part of a company leading innovation within the space
    - Strong relationships with channel partners
    - Get to work with smart, kind people and talented people
    - great career path opportunities
    - rewarding

Cons

Kenshoo lacks some of the benefits competitors offer:
    - Work from home days
    - catered meals
    - 401K matching
    - cost of living pay increases